Options

Comments

• SWMBO
    SWMBO Posts: 155 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Current - M208
    Previous - MST121,MS221,M261,MU120,
    Next year - MST209, eventually BSc Maths.
  • SWMBO
    SWMBO Posts: 155 Forumite
    Options
    Gemmzie wrote: »
    Added everyone so far :)

I'm really enjoying my course but I'm a bit concerned that it's a Level 2 course and I can't make any of my tutorials. Anyone else missed all of them?
    Have a look at the tutorials online & there should be a link to show you all the tutorials in your region (or even elsewhere if you want) & you can check if there are any other tutors running tutorials that are more convenient to you.
  • Iguana
    Iguana Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    Certificate in Health and Social Care (K100)

Current course: Diverse Perspectives in mental health (K225)
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options

I'm really enjoying my course but I'm a bit concerned that it's a Level 2 course and I can't make any of my tutorials. Anyone else missed all of them?

Hi Gemmzie, I have been studying with the OU since Feb 2004 and I have never attended a single tutorial:o A lot of students who do go to them say they are a great help, unfortunately mine were always on a saturday and I used to work every saturday. Now though I just think well I have got this far without them, do I really need them!! The time it would take for me to get to them too, just doesn't seem worth it.

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Could I also be added to the list please:)

Past courses - A103, A207, A210, U210
    Currently studying - AA316
    Future plans - EA300 starting October 2009, to complete my degree:D

I also want to study for fun - A215, A363, AA306....and then some modern language courses too:p

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • jmarko
    jmarko Posts: 4,137 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ooooh! Me! Add me! :j :j

jmarko
    Currently studying: M150 and T175
    Previous study: none at OU (but an MA(Hons), PgDL and PgDLP elsewhere)
    Future study/plans: poss M255 and others leading to a BSc(Hons) IT and Comms (or a BEng(Hons) if I get confused!)

If I can help with anything, let me know! I have an OCD thing with getting qualifications!! :rolleyes:
    My signature has been removed by the authorities. If you have been affected by the issues raised in this signature, please contact the Action Line on 1-800-THEY-NICKED-MY-SIG.
  • alyth
    alyth Posts: 2,671 Forumite
    Options

I've no intention of attending any of mine Gemmzie, I got an email from the tutor today who seems like she's not on the same planet as the rest of us, saying that she was only a couple of weeks ahead of us on the course - !!!!!!? Mine are at night an hour away, so not good for me, and well done Mel on getting as far as you have done without attending them.

My mum graduated with a BA in Maths & Stats last year, she used to attend the tutorials in Glasgow and then complain how useless they were!
  • jessicamb
    jessicamb Posts: 10,446 Forumite
    Options
    B700 for me starting in April :D No open uni courses before but I do have other qualifications so hoping it wont be too bad.
    The early bird gets the worm but the second mouse gets the cheese :cool:
  • studentmidwife
    Options
    Hi everyone

I previously studied K100 - Understanding Health & Social Care which helped me gain a place as a student midwife at university :j .
    Oct GC: £144.07/£200
  • totmalysh
    totmalysh Posts: 73 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2009 at 8:40PM
    Options
    Totmalysh: studies with the OU for 3.5 years (SK227 unfinished, DSE212, DZX222, SD226, ED209, DD303, DD307), got a BSc Hons Psychology last December, now study for a Psychometrics qualification with them and hope to use both in the future.

Edited: D842 Psychometrics: assessments and selection (postgraduate) achieved as of June 2009, only need 4 more days course and will be a qualified psychometric tester, also did a teaching English degree at Tartu University (Estonia).

Future: MSc in Occupational Psychology from September and Chertership in 3 years time. Very ambitious!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure