Poor Single Lady Debt Diary - Trying again

Options

Comments

• Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    It is hard Dolly. Yesterday had a very depressing conversation with Sainsbury. They told me I should ring Stepchange for help with budgeting and they don't want to deal with me directly.
    My account is on hold because something could change in the next 2 months. Er it bloody won't!
    They were definately the worse to deal with - the lady said to me that i can make our minimum payment and I just felt like hanging up the call. I don't think she understood. They are not getting more than the £25 anyway.
    A bit annoyed with them to be honest.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • efes_shareholder
    Options
    Hi PSL

As a poor single lady I feel your pain

I feel fortunate to have a large circle of friends and social options open to me but I have had to learn to be more selective on which events I attend

They all know I am trying to improve my financial situation , some are in similar circumstances yet seem to have a different attitude to their debts
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Keep fighting on you will get there :)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    PSL have you sorted all the CC's now or are you still working through them ? Not nice of Sainsbury's if they gave you a hard time.

Down in London myself in 2 weeks , hope you are ok otherwise .
  • StokieBecks
    Options
    PSL to be fair to Sainsburys call centre staff they aren't trained debt advisors and they are only recommending what they are told to. A lot of folks on the forum always say to keep any dealings with anyone in writing. Would say having collections on hold for two months is generous. Most will offer 30days and expect you to contact a debt charity in that time for advice.

Have you spoke to stepchange or national debtline at all? Have you arranged a formal debt management plan (i think I remember you saying you were thinking DMP was the way forward now) or are you doing it on your own?

Make sure your priority bills are dealt with first. Anything that is on a credit card is a non priority debt. If you can only afford to send them £1 per month each for the time being whilst you build up an emergency fund then do it.

Good luck. If you really want to get this dealt with you can do it! Speak to the free charities - they will help you explore all your options
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • Poor_Single_lady
    Options
    StokeBecks I always feel like my debt diary irritates you. I need an outlet so I can work through this without going truly mad.

contacting a debt charity is not going to help or fix the situation. And to he honest I just don't want to and that is up to me.

you always say that you wish me the best but then you tell me off and to be honest i don't really understand that.

I'm trying to work through as best I can and yes you might be right and Sainsbury but it doesn't really help me that the people in their call centre are tough to deal with.
    And yes I did request not to be phoned but they did anyway.
    2017- 5 credit cards plus loan
    Overdraft And 1 credit card paid off.

2018 plans - reduce debt
  • LexieLou
    Options
    StokeBecks I always feel like my debt diary irritates you. I need an outlet so I can work through this without going truly mad.

contacting a debt charity is not going to help or fix the situation. And to he honest I just don't want to and that is up to me.

you always say that you wish me the best but then you tell me off and to be honest i don't really understand that.

I'm trying to work through as best I can and yes you might be right and Sainsbury but it doesn't really help me that the people in their call centre are tough to deal with.

Hello PSL

Rant away girl...I know you don't want to call SC, but even call them and put together a budget, then do your own thing. They get you to think of things that you might feel guilty about including in your budget

I contacted all my creditors in May and I am still getting letters and calls. Block the numbers...let them go to voice mail, they are all automated. SC have told me today that the letters and calls are automated, and to ignore them.

I find this forum amazing, and the DMP thread is superb, they have talked me off the edge so many times.

You are doing ace, and we are all behind you

Sending you lots of virtual hugs

Mwah

LL xx
    £38,000 and change to £0
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    LexieLou wrote: »

You are doing ace, and we are all behind you

Sending you lots of virtual hugs

Mwah

LL xx
    I agree with LexieLou ;)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • StokieBecks
    Options

I don't understand why you feel it isn't going to fix the situation. They can offer you the advice you need to help you get this journey going the right way.

All I do is offer my advice the same as anyone else.

Don't take the phone calls, make all your instructions in writing. Write to them and ask them to remove your phone number. They have to comply, if they don't you can make a formal complaint.

I do wish you well but as you feel I tell you off I won't post here again as it is not my intention to frustrate you further.
    £2 Savers Club for 2022 #12
  • ramhainn
    Options
    Hello and welcome

Good luck with your journey!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts