Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    kathrynha wrote: »
    Been a long day for me today, but pretty good outcome.

Tumour has shrunk enough, and now have an operation date in just over 2 weeks. Operation sounds very scary, but it's what needed. Sounds like it will be a long recovery time though.

So good news but a rather tough time to get through, but there is def a light at the end of the tunnel.

Oh Kathryn, so pleased it has shrunk enough:T:T We will all be rooting for you, longs you don't try and over do it after the op!
    Do not try to run before you can walk, wishing you well xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • greentiger
    greentiger Posts: 2,406 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh, Kathryn, what a horrid weekend! I hope when I read on, I hope I’ll discover you’ve had good news. Thanks for the chart. Just found your update. That’s great. Now you definitely must stay away from all those nasty bugs.

Well done, Lioness, gingerfurball, dawyldthing, Catty, ilovetea (BRILL!) Mrs_R (FAB!) and Nicki (WOW!).

Happy to see you back, candyapple.

Good luck, TG; I hope you don’t have to bounce too much before Top Baby puts in her appearance.

ginger, at least now you know that MIL had a stroke, you can start planning how her needs can be met. We had the same issues with DH’s sister some years back.

Well, I am a happy bunny – I had a 3lb loss today, woohoo. Thanks for sitting on my shoulder last Friday, maman and beanie. Can you come with me on Wednesday, please. I couldn’t find a menu (maybe just as well after last time), so I’ll need a lot of [STRIKE]restraints[/STRIKE] support.

Today was ok again.

Breakfast: hexb toast, light Philly, beans with red onion mixed through (2 ½ )
    Lunch: AH spice sensation couscous (2), pomegranate, cucumber, cherry tomatoes, chopped chicken, ff Greek yogurt, banana
    Snack: shortbread finger (5)
    Dinner: grilled salmon fillet, runner beans, beetroot, baby new potatoes, Hartleys 10 blueberry & blackcurrant jelly ( ½ ), clementine
    Snack: hexa cheese & grapes
    Sewing 46/COLOR]Woollies 6Card s 17Reading 11/40
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    OMG what wonderful losses, you skinny minnies.

Good luck Topgirl.... just think of all the calories you will burn and you will have a lovely little baby at the end - double bonus!

I had the SW curry sauce for tea - it was vile. Never again.
  • candyapple_2
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    Good to see you posting again candy. You could easily be half a stone lighter by your night out if you start NOW!:)

Thank you. Starting properly from tomorrow I'll be happier with inches lost if not lbs but maybe a bit of both

Welcome back. Do you have a target for the next 8 weeks so I can add you to the spreadsheet?

I'll go for 1 lb per week as I think that will be do-able so 8 lbs in total please

New scales bought tonight so I weighed myself and yep its a bigger number than I would have liked to see on there but hopefully that will be the biggest number I will ever see on there.

All the best Top Girl I hope your little one has a speedy arrival!
  • kathrynha
    kathrynha Posts: 2,469 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    bubbs wrote: »
    Oh Kathryn, so pleased it has shrunk enough:T:T We will all be rooting for you, longs you don't try and over do it after the op!
    Do not try to run before you can walk, wishing you well xx
    Me over do it? Never :)
    greentiger wrote: »
    Oh, Kathryn, what a horrid weekend! I hope when I read on, I hope I’ll discover you’ve had good news. Thanks for the chart. Just found your update. That’s great. Now you definitely must stay away from all those nasty bugs.

Well, I am a happy bunny – I had a 3lb loss today, woohoo.

Well done on the loss.

Trying to stay away from germs. Feeling a bit fluey this evening but it's pretty normal after the contrast they use for the scan so fingers crossed it's all it is
    Zebras rock
  • dawyldthing
    dawyldthing Posts: 3,438 Forumite
    Options
    Been a long day for me today, but pretty good outcome.

Tumour has shrunk enough, and now have an operation date in just over 2 weeks. Operation sounds very scary, but it's what needed. Sounds like it will be a long recovery time though.

So good news but a rather tough time to get through, but there is def a light at the end of the tunnel.

Arr brilliant news :) we'll be with you along the way, just glad they're getting you sorted :)
    :T:T :beer: :beer::beer::beer: to the lil one :) :beer::beer::beer:
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Good luck Topgirl.... just think of all the calories you will burn and you will have a lovely little baby at the end - double bonus!
    Never viewed labour as body magic before :rotfl:
    candyapple wrote: »
    I'll go for 1 lb per week as I think that will be do-able so 8 lbs in total please

That's a very achievable target
    Zebras rock
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    OMG what wonderful losses, you skinny minnies.

I had the SW curry sauce for tea - it was vile. Never again.

I like it add, garlic , onions and mushrooms and chicken :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,528 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening everyone, weighed in this morning to a 5lb loss! Was rather taken aback to be honest but I'm running with it and staying motivated for the rest of the week.

Today:

B - Porridge (HEB and HEA), pear, cinnamon
    L - LO Turkey risotto (onion, courgette, mushrooms, turkey, rice, stock)
    D - Beef Goulash, broccoli, cauliflower, carrots, peas
    S - Christmas chocolate (5 syns), cup of tea (1 syn)
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • kathrynha
    Options
    Evening everyone, weighed in this morning to a 5lb loss! Was rather taken aback to be honest but I'm running with it and staying motivated for the rest of the week.

)

Amazing loss. Well done
    Zebras rock
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills