Best Safe "Rainy Day" Savings Option

Options
I currently have £2000 invested in Premium Bonds as financially secure "emergency" savings. Working on building it up to more.

However, as premium bonds aren't the greatest at providing growth and potentially fall behind inflation I was wondering if anyone has any better financially secure investment suggestions for rainy day savings?

Comments

• MallyGirl
    MallyGirl Posts: 6,652 Senior Ambassador
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Maybe a 5% regular saver with one of the banks accounts - First Direct, Nationwide, Santander
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Pensions, Annuities & Retirement Planning, Loans
    & Credit Cards boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.
    All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • Mr.Saver
    Mr.Saver Posts: 521 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    With as less as £2000, one or two high interest paying current account would be more preferable. Nationwide, TSB, Tesco Bank, ...
  • Living_proof
    Living_proof Posts: 1,921 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Baguettes - premium bonds are much more fun. The worst that can happens is that you never get any interest, but it's so much fun at the start of every month. Maybe split half and half with an instant access account?
    Solar Suntellite 250 x16 4kW Afore 3600TL dual 2KW E 2KW W no shade, DN15 March 14
    [SIZE Givenergy 9.5 battery added July 23
    [/SIZE]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family