<<<out of cheese error>>>

Options

Comments

• Seasidegal58
    Seasidegal58 Posts: 5,717 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    You sound like you've been busy in need the garden over the few days redo - the weather has certainly helped! Hope you've been taking some time to copy your felines and relax in the sun as well!
    Finally Debt Free! - July 2016 🌟
    Finished Emergency Fund- £10,000 April 2017
    🌟
    RETIRED: MAY 2021!!!!😀🎆
    My diary: “Seasidegal's Scrimpy Retirement Diary!”
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Marinated mushrooms? I have some YS ones I was going to grill. How did you do them?
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • System
    System Posts: 178,101 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good to hear the garden is coming on a treat., and that the dreaded tax return is done .
  • redofromstart
    redofromstart Posts: 4,202 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Marinated mushrooms? I have some YS ones I was going to grill. How did you do them?

I cobbled a recipe together so no link as such but essentially: wipe, quarter or half if they are big. Equal quantities of vinegar and oil in a pan (I did 100ml of each, balsamic as that is what I had) a finely sliced onion, heaped tea spoon of brown sugar, some garlic from a jar and a sprinkle of mixed herbs. Took the liquid up to the boil, then added the mushrooms and simmered for ten minutes. Was lovely cold the next day, spooned over a pan fried slice of stale tiger bread.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Sorry DIA was out on duty visit all afternoon so didn't see this earlier.

Going out on 'free' electricity Sunday, I was Not Amused.

Much digging and sowing of seeds, am shattered. Bath, book and bed.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Food shopping this morning and I neglected to make or take a list. MrL is being refurbished and everything has moved which doesn't help. Anyway, I at least remembered milk so nothing critical. We picked up some Rye bread while we had our sneaky day out on Friday (from a superb village bakers in Rutland) which the boys loved, so I got some rye flour (Aldee) today with a view to having an attempt at making some this week.

I bought some potted basil and coriander which made the car smell lovely. Must sow some herbs this week but at 67p each these will keep us going for the time being.

I was looking for something of OHs earlier and ended up tidying our bedroom to find it (as you do) and found a 150ml tube of l'occitane shea butter hand cream, hurrah. Thought I was about to run out so really pleased with that as I couldn't justify buying one at the moment. It shows you just how many lotions and potions I have stashed away though when I forget something of that size and value.

Actually thinking about it, I haven't bought any face or skin stuff this year other than emergency wipes for the car - and that was because I had run out. Clothes, footwear - I bought (planned) boots and jumpers in the Christmas sales but since then have only done the Boden low/no spend and jogging pants for gardening since. That's not bad really, at under £20 ytd on clothes and smellies. I've also established that putting a few drops of the expensive rose oil in the bath with the cheap bubbles (Asdar 43p Rose and Mallow is actually quite nice) gives the same end result of no need to moisturise my very dry legs which is a result for both economy and laziness :p

Focus is on building the emergency fund at the moment, but still making small rounding down payments to the mortgage. We are in a much much better position to weather any potential storm than we were even a few months ago so all the penny watching is paying off :)
  • doingitanyway
    doingitanyway Posts: 8,834 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    edited 23 April 2018 at 3:57PM
    Options
    I cobbled a recipe together so no link as such but essentially: wipe, quarter or half if they are big. Equal quantities of vinegar and oil in a pan (I did 100ml of each, balsamic as that is what I had) a finely sliced onion, heaped tea spoon of brown sugar, some garlic from a jar and a sprinkle of mixed herbs. Took the liquid up to the boil, then added the mushrooms and simmered for ten minutes. Was lovely cold the next day, spooned over a pan fried slice of stale tiger bread.
    I will try this. I'm changing my diet so this is perfect :)
    I am also trying to build an emergency fund but I keep taking it out when there is no emergency at all :(
    You have reminded me to try harder...
    I hope you are having a good day:)
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • redofromstart
    Options
    DIA I split the savings out into (five) different accounts. I make it hard to get it back out or it is too easy to 'just' dip in so the true emergency fund is in a passbook only account so I would have to go into branch to get it out but I can pay money in online.

Stewing beef defrosted and in the pressure cooker with some stock. Will transfer to casserole and add mushrooms, carrots and dumplings later. I have some rye bread waiting to be baked so will half microwave some jacket potatoes and then finish them off in the oven, and crisp up some cooking bacon for packed lunches so the oven is full.

Cold and raining, I am regretting leaving my thermals off today.
  • redofromstart
    Options
    Earnings:
    A whole 40 pence of cashback has cleared. Prolific remains empty, and I am waiting on a 50p survey to clear so I can cash out.
    I ordered a £10 SB voucher yesterday and am half way to the next one.
    £2.50 of e-reward/nectar requested, and signed up for Nectar canvass.

Fritters:
    £35 on an online course around style and colour. I'm blaming Rosabernica for this! Looking forward to it but feeling rather nervous as its outside my comfort zone. Its an investment into not wasting money in theory, no more spending on things that don't suit, etc.

Useups:

The dregs of a tube of hand cream and a tiny sample pot of eye cream. I also used my freebie REN facial oil last night. It made me smell like a chip shop but did a lot for my skin overnight. Might have to mix it with the rose scented one or something.
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    The course could save you money if you find out what suits you, so you only buy things that are right for you.

It's not cold enough for thermals here :rotfl: but it is a bit chillier and rainy :mad:.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure