The Sub Prime Credit Thread - Part V

Options
1330331332333334336»

Comments

• Tazer1
    Tazer1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    I think it will be borderline but the debt to credit is good so if you do get it won't be a huge limit but thats probably not what your looking for. if you do get it your well on your way to becoming a prime member Tazer keep us udpated :)

Let us know what the outcome was. :)

Will let you know what the outcome was, shall be looking to apply early november.
  • Tazer1
    Tazer1 Posts: 29 Forumite
    Options
    sammie28 wrote: »
    I just hate waiting Bugsy! I was very nervous about applying for the card. Didn't know if i should cause i didn't want to get rejected. Not had a good credit rating for the last 6 years and yes i was young and stupid but i have worked hard at improving my credit rating for the last 5-6 years. Really want rid of Vanquis and Cap 1 and this card would mean i'm on my way to mainstream cards, it probably sounds stupid to you but it's important to me. Sort of feels like all my hard work has paid off, if you know what i mean.
    Again i was stupid and didn't realise what too many searches would do to my credit file, so i haven't applied for anything in the last 9 months. I don't want to get too many searches on my files again, so just really hoping i get accepted for this card.

Yes i know how you feel, im in a similar boat. Hoping to get onto the prime ship soon. Fingers crossed.
  • BugsyBrowne
    BugsyBrowne Posts: 5,697 Forumite
    Options
    I just hate waiting Bugsy! I was very nervous about applying for the card. Didn't know if i should cause i didn't want to get rejected. Not had a good credit rating for the last 6 years and yes i was young and stupid but i have worked hard at improving my credit rating for the last 5-6 years. Really want rid of Vanquis and Cap 1 and this card would mean i'm on my way to mainstream cards, it probably sounds stupid to you but it's important to me. Sort of feels like all my hard work has paid off, if you know what i mean.
    Again i was stupid and didn't realise what too many searches would do to my credit file, so i haven't applied for anything in the last 9 months. I don't want to get too many searches on my files again, so just really hoping i get accepted for this card.

I can't honestly see Flybe turning you down TBH.
  • sammie28
    sammie28 Posts: 200 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks Bugsy, hope your right.
  • sammie28
    Options
    Well got the Rejection letter today saying that my application fell below the minimum acceptance score :(
    Pretty pigged off, hoped i would be in with a chance now that my Equifax file is clear. Feels like there is no hope of getting a Mainstream card.
  • TheGenerus1
    Options
    Well got the Rejection letter today saying that my application fell below the minimum acceptance score :(
    Pretty pigged off, hoped i would be in with a chance now that my Equifax file is clear. Feels like there is no hope of getting a Mainstream card.

When I applied for the Flybe card, I got instant acceptance. I then rang in and asked when would they suggest I should apply for another one of their cards. They told me that I was free to apply anytime I wanted, but suggested leaving it for a month, just enough time for the Flybe to show up on my credit reports.

They also told me that the Flybe card and their Marriot card where the strictest on criteria and hardest cards to get in their range.

They said if I was accepted for their Flybe card, I would definatly be accepted for their Creation branded cards as it has a lower criteria for acceptance and has the same benifits such as 12 months 0% on BT (dependant on how much available credit you had at that point).

Maybe if you don't have many searches, you could try their own Creation brand card.
  • sammie28
    edited 6 October 2012 at 7:34PM
    Options
    I am going to ring them on Monday and ask what the exact reason was for the rejection. I'm wondering if it is too much available credit! Between my 3 catalog accounts and my 2 credit cards, i think i have approx £10,000 :eek:

Thought about asking them to reduce limits but read so many different views about it on here, i don't know what to do for the best.

Wanted this card so i can BT from cap 1 and vanquis and then close them down.

I will ask them if it's worth applying for one of the creation branded cards too, if you think it's worth a try. I only have that 1 search on my file in the last 9 months.
    Just read on here something about having to be on ER for 3 years at current address for a sygma/ creation card, is that right? I've only been at this address for 18 months!
  • gezza2k
    gezza2k Posts: 69 Forumite
    edited 7 October 2012 at 6:32PM
    Options
    Hi, I'm in need of a bit of advice.

My Default finally dropped off last week, i'm now looking to get rid of the high interest c/cards and get something mainstream.

I have an old Barclaycard account with some AP Tags (made redundant) that was settled in November 2009, no other accounts past/present have any late markers.

I've been declined for Halifax clarity & Sygma Creation but was accepted for a Amazon MasterCard with a £1500 limit.

Will I have to wait another 3 years to be mainstream or maybe too many open accounts (£6500 available credit with amazon card).

Currently got:
    3x Credit cards: (Aqua, Vanquis & Cap1)
    3x Bank accounts: (1xMain 2xVantages)
    1x Argos card & 1 Catalogue

Any help would be appreciated.
    Thx

Edit: Can you have more then 1 card from MBNA?
  • alfred64
    alfred64 Posts: 4,991 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I have moved on from sub prime but its interesting to read the thread.
    I like to think that I have put some of the sound and honest advice given on here to some use and will always be thankful for this thread and board.
    It took a lot longer than I anticipated to get from zero to mainstream - but keep at it, be very patient and eventually you will get there.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure