Amazon Prime

Options
12346»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    calleyw wrote: »
    But no one is forced to sign up to prime which is what the op is claiming. Its down to lack of due diligence that this happens. There's enough threads littered through out this forum about people who have not read T & C's and then whine about it after wards.

I think you might be confusing 'force' with 'tricked', but i can see that you're having trouble understanding the concept i was attempting to illustrate.

Interestingly, I never realised that i that had to read the T & C's of every single page i viewed on the internet, hey, thanks for pointing that out!
    But oh no, wait! I think that instead, i'll just avoid the ones that deliberately try to trick me. Ah yes, much easier.
    calleyw wrote: »
    I really do think that internet shopping is not for everyone. And some of the people who whine and whinge about stuff like this, might like to take a step back and reflect on what really happened during the purchasing process. And then realise it was not quite as they thought it was.

Good heavens! Thanks for telling me that internet shopping is not for me, as i've been doing it since internet shopping was actually possible. Your thoughts on the matter come as such a comfort, as now i can stop, get off my lazy backside, and actually go to the shops!

Although wait! With other sites, i've never in all that time felt like i was being 'tricked' into signing up to anything...Hmmm.

Btw, do not be too hard on yourself, i do not think you are 'whinging', or 'whining', or 'moaning'. No, i am taking all of your comments in the constructive manner in which i'm sure they were intended.

While i'm here, can you tell me how i can make several fake accounts, so that i can thank my own post. TIA.

Have a nice day's shopping :)

Peanut x
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think you might be confusing 'force' with 'tricked', but i can see that you're having trouble understanding the concept i was attempting to illustrate.

Seems your arrogance has got the better of you. So before you try and educate me. Maybe get it right before you start spouting a load of old rubbish.

Direct quote from the OP. Oh yes the words forced appears.

Oldman wrote: »
    It seems that every time I buy an item on Amazon, whether it is a 99p book for my kindle, or a £50 purchase, whatever, I am automatically forced to join Prime.

So I wonder why I used the word forced when I took the time to actually read the OP in the first place.

But there still is no forcing/tricking its down to due diligence or lack of.

Wow you have been using the internet long before I did. Well good for you. When I first started using it Amazon did not even exist!!!!

I will accept an apology but seeing as I will be blocking you I wont be able to see it anyway.

Have a nice day

Yours

Calley x
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Lol, so you've lost the argument and taken your bat and ball home!

Bye Felicia!

Peanut x
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    For informational purposes:-

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-50234143

But i forgot, you're not listening... :)
  • libra10
    libra10 Posts: 18,696 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I have inadvertently signed up to Prime when ordering from Amazon, and find the wording at check out quite confusing. Then trying to cancel membership isn't as straightforward as it should be. They keep trying to persuade you to continue .............

I don't want or need Amazon Prime, however brilliant it may be to some! It is aggressive marketing by Amazon, and the instructions at check out should be much clearer than they are.
  • Marvel1
    Marvel1 Posts: 7,172 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Nope, i just skip the join option.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    buglawton wrote: »
    The complications of town centre parking, cowboy parking enforcement schemes plus shop car parks being undersized with narrow bays keeps me away from bricks'n'mortar shopping these days.
    You are not alone in this attitude I'm afraid.
    Hence we wave goodbye to High Street stores like Mothercare and every other such retailer appears to be also on the brink:
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-50158169
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport