Regular Savings Accounts: The Best Currently Available List!

Options

Comments

• blindman
    blindman Posts: 5,659 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    parker1982 wrote: »
    An article on thisismoney shows that M&S are allowing holders of the free current account to access the 6% monthly saver from tomorrow. You can save between £25 - £250 for 12 months.

Can't post links:
    "www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2899030/M-S-Bank-adds-6-savings-account-free-current-account.html"

M&S Article

• mrssjs
    mrssjs Posts: 627 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    An article on thisismoney shows that M&S are allowing holders of the free current account to access the 6% monthly saver from tomorrow. You can save between £25 - £250 for 12 months.

Can't post links:
    "www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/saving/article-2899030/M-S-Bank-adds-6-savings-account-free-current-account.html"

Thank you for this, just on the phone now opening one.
  • mrssjs
    Options
    mrssjs wrote: »
    Thank you for this, just on the phone now opening one.

All done, just a quick 5 minute phonecall. Thanks.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options

Can't post links:

Thank you for this information

I have had the premium current account for a few months - I did it primarily for the £50 gift card but also meant to set up the monthly saver which I didn't do because I was unsure whether to keep the account for a year. Unfortunately I have just paid my next month's fee but have contacted M&S to change me to the free account and set up the 6% monthly saver.

I still have free drinks vouchers so I may still have benefited overall, I but hated paying a fee.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    edited 8 January 2015 at 12:37PM
    Options
    mrssjs wrote: »
    All done, just a quick 5 minute phonecall. Thanks.
    Is this like the FD one where the money is taken on the day that you open the account from the current account or can you specify the start date?

On the M&S apply for a bank account page it says you can open a regular saver at the same time but I am not sure when they will take the first payment (it says a SO will be setup for the payment and an additional 11 months) as I would need to fund the current account first.
  • Frogletina
    Frogletina Posts: 3,892 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    KTF wrote: »
    Is this like the FD one where the money is taken on the day that you open the account from the current account or can you specify the start date?

On the M&S apply for a bank account page it says you can open a regular saver at the same time but I am not sure when they will take the first payment (it says a SO will be setup for the payment and an additional 11 months) as I would need to fund the current account first.

Today the adviser suggested the first payment to be taken on Monday to allow time for the SO to be set up. I could have suggested a later date if I had wanted to.
    Not Rachmaninov
    But Nyman
    The heart asks for pleasure first
    SPC 8 £1567.31 SPC 9 £1014.64 SPC 10 # £1164.13 SPC 11 £1598.15 SPC 12 # £994.67 SPC 13 £962.54 SPC 14 £1154.79 SPC15 £715.38 SPC16 £1071.81⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Declutter thread - ⭐⭐🏅
  • KTF
    KTF Posts: 4,820 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks. Online it lets you set the payment date so I will pick one less than 8 so the first one goes out next month.
  • mrssjs
    Options
    Frogletina wrote: »
    Today the adviser suggested the first payment to be taken on Monday to allow time for the SO to be set up. I could have suggested a later date if I had wanted to.

They let you choose the date, I chose today, just for ease, but he said that they will send out paperwork for you to check once the S/O is set-up.
  • ViktorOnopko
    Options
    I'm having a hard time working out what to do for a second current account. I want to move my savings to my 123 Current Account and have a new account for just debit payments/spare cash. Santander won't let me have a second 123 account unless it's a joint account so I'm a bit clueless now. I want an account in which I can transfer £200 a time to cover basic spend and not commit to an amount to pay in each month.
  • mrssjs
    edited 8 January 2015 at 1:54PM
    Options
    I'm having a hard time working out what to do for a second current account. I want to move my savings to my 123 Current Account and have a new account for just debit payments/spare cash. Santander won't let me have a second 123 account unless it's a joint account so I'm a bit clueless now. I want an account in which I can transfer £200 a time to cover basic spend and not commit to an amount to pay in each month.

Halifax for the in-credit £5 bonus each month?

Can't remember if there's a minimum monthly funding rule? Sorry there is
    <LI class=list_tick>£5 reward each month you pay in £750+, pay two different direct debits and stay in credit
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure