Quidco Question and Answers

Options

Comments

• quidco_Company_Representative
    quidco_Company_Representative Posts: 2,512 Organisation Representative
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    tpowell wrote: »
    This has now been resolved over email with Joseph. Thanks for your help Joseph! :beer:

No problem, if you need anything else please free to get in touch :beer: :) -Joseph
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • MP2609
    MP2609 Posts: 49 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi

Apologies, bit of an odd title I know just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else?

Basically, I had a claim in on Quidco which had been in claims for a while so I chased and Quidco paid for it out of their own funds a few weeks ago. I then get an update on my claim saying the claim had been unsuccessful, just find it odd they would pay it if they weren't certain they were getting paid it?

Many thanks
  • mjm3346
    mjm3346 Posts: 46,898 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    MP2609 wrote: »
    Hi

Apologies, bit of an odd title I know just wanted to see if this had happened to anyone else?

Basically, I had a claim in on Quidco which had been in claims for a while so I chased and Quidco paid for it out of their own funds a few weeks ago. I then get an update on my claim saying the claim had been unsuccessful, just find it odd they would pay it if they weren't certain they were getting paid it?

Many thanks

Yes and goodwill gesture on their part.
    Options
    MP2609 wrote: »
    Hi

Many thanks

Oh no, so sorry to hear this! It could be that the funds have been added in advance as a goodwill gesture and this has since been declined by the retailer but the funds would be yours to keep :) Could you send an email over to Joseph@quidco.com and I'll see what has gone on with this one -Joseph
    I am the official company representative of quidco. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE
  • Goodjob
    Goodjob Posts: 32 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've been using Quidco for years and found it pretty good. However now approx 80% of claims are getting rejected over the last 2 years. Its now totally unreliable and all I get are the standard BS boilerplate response text from Quidco. I recently purchased car insurance. Did some searches on confused. Com for pricing and then did the usual clearing down cookies and closing the Broad down before making a purchase from Admiral via Quidco. The purchase itself was also different from the searches with confused as I sent with a dual car purchase. I ended up with 2 confused. Com items tracking and Admiral tracking and all 3 got rejected. How can that be - it has to be one or three other.

I have lost all faith/trust in Quidco and won't be using them again. Has anyone else found these kind of issues and are you now using a didn't site instead?

Apologies if this is the wrong forum area.

Thanks
    Andrew

Do what you have to do, so you can do what you want to do.
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Made a purchase from Argos paid for online by credit card.

It has tracked at 0.00.

Why is this please?
  • foxtrotoscar_2
    foxtrotoscar_2 Posts: 1,717 Forumite
    Options
    POPPYOSCAR wrote: »

It has tracked at 0.00.

Why is this please?

See here:-

https://support.quidco.com/article/cashback-wrong-amount
    Options

It has tracked at 0.00.

Why is this please?

Hi,

Argos are quite strict in what the do and don't offer cashback upon.

If you buy an item not covered by one of the cashback rates on the day this will then track at £0.00 and unfortunately nothing would then be paid on that.

Always check the 'Online cashback rates' on Argos' page on Quidco before making any purchase to make sure you will not lose out!

-Joseph
  • POPPYOSCAR
    POPPYOSCAR Posts: 14,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi,

Argos are quite strict in what the do and don't offer cashback upon.

If you buy an item not covered by one of the cashback rates on the day this will then track at £0.00 and unfortunately nothing would then be paid on that.

Always check the 'Online cashback rates' on Argos' page on Quidco before making any purchase to make sure you will not lose out!

-Joseph

I did but it is not easy to always work out what category an item comes under.

Can you tell me what a steam mop is classed as please?
    Options
    I did but it is not easy to always work out what category an item comes under.

Can you tell me what a steam mop is classed as please?

This would come under the household appliances category, I am afraid that this would be ineligible for cashback based on today's rates -Joseph (Joseph@quidco.com)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback