www.free-adsl.co.uk ?

Options
Hi

Does anyone know anything about this? The site claims that it is going to offer what seems to be a free broadband service. Seems too good to be true, must be a catch surely?

Would be interested to know ;)

Comments

• Woby_Tide
    Woby_Tide Posts: 5,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    personally it looks like it's harvesting e-mail addresses
  • VirtualLight
    Options
    I take it thats a 'no'. Found a couple of sites with links to it, after some googling, one with a limited review which stated it was going to offer cash for clicking on links.

Would still be interested to know more about this. Assumed this was a good place to ask.
  • Woby_Tide
    Options
    forgive me if I've been offensive but for your first post you've highlighted an awfully presented website offering something thats blatantly not going to be true with absolutely no info available on the site. Forgive me for not celebrating :-/

edit: giving you the benfit of the doubt I've found the link to it, I'd search google for juiceboosted and read up, sorry
  • knuckledragger
    Options
    Woby_Tide,
    have a little compassion. Better to ask the question and get the right answer than not ask and make the wrong move. ;)
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • Woby_Tide
    Options
    I know, was just a bit suspicious at first given the juiceboosted sagas a while back, I am sorry :-[
  • VirtualLight
    Options
    It does say, at the top of this page:

please be nice to other MoneySavers. There's no such thing as a stupid question on here.

And I was rather surprised to be 'beaten up' on my first post. Ho, hum, probably better off sticking to technical stuff on IRC :)
  • Woby_Tide
    Options
    fair enough, it also says:

"Those connected to a company being discussed MUST state that connection within their post."

which most of the juiceboosted posts were not stating

I've apologised, I'mnot going to beg you to come back, thats your decision
  • knuckledragger
    Options
    Right, handshakes all round then a couple of beers? ;D
    ...and then the window licker said to me...
  • VirtualLight
    Options
    Good grief, this is getting silly!

It was just an innocent question, exactly as stated - I didnt intend to sign up with them, just wanted to know if anyone knew anything about it.

Did not expect such a defensive reaction. Actually have been really restrained in my replies. Feeling quite angry at the response I received.

Feel free to have the last word. As the parent of a stroppy teenager I am quite used to the phenomenon :)
  • VirtualLight
    Options
    Great

Virtual handshake offered and virtual beer quoffed.

Night all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport