Breaking Through, Travelling On

Options

Comments

• Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thank you all! It's the only table of its sort, and the other wooden table had a ceramic coaster on it :( so I've taken the coaster and I'm using it now. I don't remember the ringstains when I got here last week, though that doesn't prove anything - and there's more than ring stains, there's two blobs of varying sizes and one bit that looks like its been scrubbed (maybe with the wire wool thats mentioned in these links???). I'm almost certain I didn't cause the blobs.

I'll stay with the "put an oil on and polish" I think - I have a few days yet! And I may be tempted to use my coffee to re-stain, so to speak :o:whistle: just a little tiny dab ...

Otherwise, life is peachy :j:j:j
    Save
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • smallholdingsister
    Options
    Good to hear you are well. Missing work?!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Good to hear you are well.
    Thanks SHS - I'm keeping up to date with your potential house sale, very exciting, but not posting on diaries as much while I'm away.
    Missing work?!
    Not even :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

The idea of finishing up writing projects while catsitting hasn't really worked - I did a bit on the evacuee letters yesterday, first time. When your surroundings aren't set up for it, it's much more difficult. Confirms me in my decision not to do it as a small business.

Might pop out to a street market today, as its not too windy, weirdly - my eyes are killing me, there's a lot of grit/particulates in the air, I sort of look like I've been crying, my eyes are so red :eek: bleeding allergies!

Cats are now both allowing themselves to be stroked, even the frightened one, and one will even condescend to stretch out a paw to trap a toy mouse when I throw it about four inches :D:D:D
  • Firegirl
    Firegirl Posts: 927 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Sounds like you've been super busy KC and I think your right don't spend your retirement searching for 50ps. Stick at the stuff you enjoy to save a bob or two!
    Mortgage balance Feb 2015 start of MFW Journey-£245316.06/Aim to be mortgage neutral 2022 — Target for May 2024 14 Year Target Balance MF50 = £89,535 — Mortgage Balance £106, 000—Target for May 2024! £89,535

Retirement Planning
    Starting Position : Pension 1-£165,000/Pension 2-£50,000/Pension 3-£9,500/ISA-£87,000/Total-£311,500
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Hi Firegirl, thanks for that! That's it, isn't it - between low energy levels and clutter, its just a lot easier to get the stuff out of the house. I *will* try to sell the wooden ercol-similar sofa, with no webbing in the seating, it has the 6 cushions that were made for it as well, but I'll put the lot on fb for £20, we'll see how that goes.

I'm looking forward to getting back home and into my own surroundings to finish off my current projects, plus we have some day trips planned, I'd forgotten cos I haven't looked at my diary for 10 days or so :D

Wonderful to have the cats around though :j stroking and chasing cat toys has continued, it wasn't a flash in the pan :)
  • Karmacat
    Options
    I'm home! Really missing the cats, but not missing even the minimal work that went into them, I'm sure I'm not ready to take on any sort of work of any description for this year at least.

Suitcase unpacked and sorted, plants at home are rescued, Asda order booked for tomorrow amended as needed, a Yougov survey done, slow cooked beans are on the go, two loads of washing done, new library books downloaded ...

Garden has gone berserk, of course, and the whole place needs a clean (I didn't clean before I went away :o). Wet out there, so I can't really use the dehydrator today as planned, but it might be a really good day to dig up some weeds :D and I'm hereby making a vow to open the post before I have a snack this morning. I hate opening post, for some weird reason.

Okay, weeding, sorting the post, downloading photos from camera, backing up, checking the blogs, and I have to phone my ex-colleague too. That'll be enough :rotfl:
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,710 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Gosh, sounds like you've done plenty already KC! :j
  • themadvix
    themadvix Posts: 7,898 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Hey KC, we got back at the same time! It sounds like you had a good time in the 'big smoke', even if it was a bit polluted for your liking! Loved your comment about Designated Survivor - I tell him to 'be more Jack' when he's being too nice! :)
    Mortgage free 16/06/2023! £132,500 cleared in 11 years, 3 months and 7 days

'Now is no time to think of what you do not have. Think of what you can do with what there is.' Ernest Hemingway

• Karmacat
    Options
    Verbatim wrote: »
    Hi KC,
    I use "ringaway" I think it's called. Haven't used it for years but think I have a bottle/ tube knocking about in a cupboard. Works a treat. Will try and find it later.
    How long are you in London for? (I'm a North Londoner).
    V
    Verbatim, sweetie, I never saw your post till just now :o thank you for helping! So sorry! The ringmarks faded a bit by the time I left, and I grew in the conviction that I hadn't caused them, just hadn't noticed them ... London was a great visit, if I stay another time, maybe we could meet? I had a small psychotherapy practice in various parts of North London for many years :)
    Gosh, sounds like you've done plenty already KC! :j
    :D Yeah, I stopped soon after though :rotfl: I'm seriously lazy after about 1pm, until about 9pm :rotfl: mad timing.
    themadvix wrote: »
    Hey KC, we got back at the same time! It sounds like you had a good time in the 'big smoke', even if it was a bit polluted for your liking! Loved your comment about Designated Survivor - I tell him to 'be more Jack' when he's being too nice! :)
    I did, I really liked being around buzz, and then living in a very quiet street, with good soundproofing between houses. Designated Survivor, I really enjoyed, I'm so glad Kiefer has gone for a more mature adult role and not tried to stay Jack Bauer till now. Also love it when he channels Jack :D

My washing is taking a million years to dry, drat it, too many dribs and drabs of rain out there to put it out. Post wasn't opened :o just stacked, and nor were the blogs checked, but I've done everything else, including phone conversations, so thats a win.

Today:
    - sort timings with brother and colleague.
    - sort day out timings with sister.
    - pack away the supermarket delivery.
    - **open** the post.
    - cleaning/weeding/tidying: my sister will be coming to stay, and going over to her house most days, while plastering is being done. Not for a while yet, but all this stuff needs doing for me anyway.
    - dishwasher is on.
    - hob is cleaned.
    Save
  • earthgirl
    earthgirl Posts: 3,762 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Karma I'm with you on the post, I just had a big sort out and now trying to do it as it arrives. My piles are "must do now" "do ten mins of every day" and "filing" once per week. It's working ok..
    15/5/12 Paid off Mortgage 1 (£220k) Bought Dream House:www: Dec 13 - Mortage 2 -£116,508. 15/7/18 Mortgage Free Again :j

Progress not Perfection
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport