PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Weight Loss 2019 Part 2

Options

Comments

• s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    edited 21 May 2019 at 8:48AM
    Options
    Really pleased to report another loss of 3.5lbs this week. Getting ever closer to the target but I think the hardest part is yet to come.

kazwookie - you are by no means letting the side down. We all have good and bad times. That's why we're here, not to make you feel bad but to encourage, support and share the journey.

dumpling -try not to be too disheartened. You need a baseline to know where you started, take that feeling and let it spur you on to make progress. I like your idea of shaking up meals. I find a good variety of meals is key to keeping things interesting. We actually don't eat a that much meat and usually have several meat free meals a week. I love mixing things up with salads and trying new things. I recently discovered edamame beans make a lovely addition, either warm or cold and you can buy them frozen..
  • K9zz
    K9zz Posts: 38 Forumite
    Options
    I’m back, got over my little temper tantrum(!) and been experimenting with the messages. I THINK I have finally figured out to do the messages so I’ll carry on posting if that’s OK?
    So my weight has been ever increasing again but had dropped a bit this morning (I’m a daily weigher) so I shall now do my darnedest to keep it rolling downwards.
    Food today is several milky coffees through the day, lots of water and dinner of beef casserole and cauliflower followed by no carb Bircher with a few stewed berries as dessert.
    Luv & hugs to all,
    K9zz
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Thanks Cranky those thoughts appreciated. Next op already booked for Jan/Feb next year. Hopefully it will be my final op as I will be totally bionic.

I aim to lose 4-5 stone before then, a huge mountain to climb.

This week 2.5 lbs which is a start
  • MrsLottie
    MrsLottie Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options
    Lovely to see you back Dumpling !
    Kazwooky no way are you letting anyone down ,everyone here gets fed up sometimes especially when we’ve tried hard , but the brilliant thing is we all get up and try again. That’s got to make us all winners.
    K9zz glad to see you back - I find technology a bit frustrating too but like you always have another go a bit later.
    Cranky thanks for the salad bar idea and great that you’re getting into your busy schedule ��
    S-Glover ,well done that’s a magnificent amount to shed ! ��
    Keep going everyone !
  • CRANKY40
    CRANKY40 Posts: 5,764 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 22 May 2019 at 5:14PM
    Options
    Old Style Weight Loss Challenge 2019 Second Quarter

01/04/19 - 30/06/19

Imperial (lbs)

Brambling 5/10 -/:);)/;)/:):);)/:);)/STS/:D/
    chocolatebum 5/14 -/:):):)/:)/STS/STS/STS/:)/
    Cranky 3/9 -/:):):):);)/STS/:D:D/STS/STS/;)/STS
    dandy-candy 0.5/7 -/:):)/STS/:D:D:o/:)/STS/STS/
    Doing it my way 0/13 -/-/-/STS/-/-/-/
    ellie99 3/10 :)/:)/-/STS/-/:)/STS/
    enthusiastic saver 8/14:)/:)/:):)/:):)/:)/:)/-/
    fit and freaky 2/18 -/:):)/-/-/-/-/-/
    Gingerlily 1.5/14 -/;)/:);)/:D:D:o/;)/:)/;)/STS
    GreenEcoGirl +2/11 -/STS/:D:D/-/-/-/-/
    hatful of hollow 2/11 -/-/-/:):)/-/-/-/
    Iheartichokeyou 0/10 -/-/-/-/-/-/-/
    Izadora 0/18 -/:)/:D:D/:):):):)/:D:D:D:D:o/:):)/:D:D/:);)
    K9zz 1/12 -/:):)/:)/:D/-/:):)/:D:D:D/
    katiepants 6/13 -/:):):):);)/:);)/-/-/-/-/
    kazwookie 3/12 -/:)/:)/:)/STS/STS/-/STS
    MovingForwards 13/20 :):):):):):):)/:)/:)/;)/:)/:);)/:)/
    MrsLottie 1/7 ;)/;)/:o/:);)/:o/;)/;STS/
    Munchin 0.5/10 -/;)/;)/STS/:D/STS/;)/
    Rose Wood 3/7 -/:):)/:)/STS/STS/STS/-/
    s_glover 12/16 -/STS/STS/:):):)/:):):)/:D:D/:):):):);)/:):):);)
    SIRENS 3.5/10 -/;)/:):)/:D/:D:D:D/:):):):):)/STS/
    star trek fan 1/14 -/:):):)/:D/-/:D:D/:)/-/
    VickyV 11/16 -/:)/:)/:):):)/:):)/:)/:):):)/
    zafiro1984 2.5/14 -/-/-/-/-/-/-/:):);)

Metric (kg)

butterfly2507 0.2/9 -/:D/:);)/:):)/-/-/

Weight Loss week 1 ..................8.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 2 ............... 35.0 lbs & +0.5 kg
    Weight Loss week 3..................12.5 lbs & 0.7 kg
    Weight Loss week 4....................8.5 lbs & 1.0 kg
    Weight Loss week 5....................4.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 6 ..................14.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 7 ....................5.0 lbs
    Weight Loss week 8 ....................7.5 lbs
  • Rose_Wood
    Rose_Wood Posts: 867 Forumite
    Options
    Evening Everyone

I've just got back from work as I nipped in for an hour to cover a busy bit. I'm in the middle of ironing loads of DS's shirts but just taking a quick break.

I had a lovely day - a walk, swim, DS for lunch and then tennis. I should have done 24,000 steps by bedtime.

Lunch: Scrambled eggs with avocado, spinach, tomato and cucumber.
    Dinner: Prawns in a creamy dill sauce with mushrooms on a bed of courgette noodles.
    Snack: 2 slices of ham filled with grated cheddar
    Treat: Small bar of dark chocolate.

Rose
    Weight Loss Challenge 5/7/19 10st 6lbs
    Target 8st 12lbs

Daily Steps Challenge 16,000
    Average daily steps: January 19,317, February 19,449, March 20,330, April 22,026, May 20,412 June 15,690
  • Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening all

STS please Cranky. I'm not happy as I have been good this week, my interim weigh in on Monday showed a good lost so I'm not sure what I've done in the last three days :cool: oh well start again tomorrow

Nice to see you back Dumpling i have better weigh losses when I have meat free days or eat a lot of fish. I think mixing up what you eat does help :)

B - banana, peach and berries
    L - smoked salmon and egg salad
    D - bacon sandwich - I will admit to being a little annoyed at the STS so ate what I shouldn't especially the bread which doesn't like me :cool:
    S - pear and grapes, FF Greek yogurt
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • SIRENS
    SIRENS Posts: 1,229 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I'm with Brambling with a disappointing sts

I thought I'd been good this week, have done 3 of my c25k runs, but nothing :(

I'm not holding out much hope for next week either what with the bank hol plus I'm off the rest of the week with the kids ho hum.

B muesli, nat yog, fruit
    L cooked by a work colleague as we had a baby shower work, was spicy fried rice, with veg, plantain and jerk chicken, was rather spicy but delicious. I did manage to keep my hands of the cakes I'd made though!
    D spinach and ricotta cannaloni, garlic bread and salad

Think I need to draw a line under today.
    'You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose' - Dr Suess

OS
  • s_glover
    s_glover Posts: 653 Forumite
    Options
    Sirens - as you say, draw a line under yesterday. Today is a new day. look forwards not back :)

I've had a good couple of days. had a lovely run on Wednesday lunchtime. Was working from home yesterday with lots of workmen in and out of the house. Was sitting on my bum most of the days but had a productive evening with some more painting. Hoping to enjoy the sunshine with a lunchtime walk today.

I've signed up to an app called BetterPoints, it tracks your activity, walking, running etc and gives you points and entries into prize draws which can be exchanged for vouchers. I've only had it a couple of days so not sure how good it will be but thought it was worth a try.

It'll be another busy weekend, starting with Parkrun tomorrow. More decorating and garden jobs to be done and maybe a social run on Monday too.

Hope you all have a lovely bank holiday weekend.
  • zafiro1984
    zafiro1984 Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Out all day yesterday with DH mainly travelling. Needed a 'lunch on the go' Packed sandwiches plus an enormous plastic container of fruit to share. Managed to resist crisps and biscuits which DH devoured.
    Totally exhausted when we got back so just drank loads of fluid in the evening.

Today is a busy day, veg plot first and then we have to deal with a couple of our stallions so I'll need my wits about me - just hope my knee doesn't hurt, so lunch may be missed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure