Post of the Month - July

Options

Comments

• SarahBrown_3
    Options
    Hi,

This post was started last month, but I've only just seen it & found it incredibly useful:

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Travel;action=display;num=1086657603

Petree's theme park tips.

Sarah
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I would like to nominate Real Radix for fatfingers. Excellent site! ;)
  • loates123
    loates123 Posts: 798 Forumite
    Options
    ZCAPRD7 gets my vote ;D
    Treat everyday as your last one on earth! and one day you will be right.:D
  • purplemoon
    purplemoon Posts: 674 Forumite
    Options
    Virgin wine deals threads gets my vote! ;D I had been trying a couple of Virgin vouchers on the discounted offers and had failed- zcaprd7 found the way to work it! (At the time he did have an ulterior motive though... ;))
  • glad2
    glad2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    ZCAPRD7 broke the rules of the site by posting an affiliated link outside of the refferal area
    even though it was a great tip and lots of people have benefited from it, surely he shouldn't be rewarded for it.
    Do we all agree with breaking Martins rules as long as we get something from it,
    telling us in the post it was an affiliated link does not stop it being against site rules,
    and his subsequent attacks on people pointing out that he could possibly gain were childlike and against the spirit of this site, where Martin encourages us all to help in the smooth running of his site
  • sheriff_2
    sheriff_2 Posts: 8 Forumite
    Options
    ZCAPRD7 broke the rules of the site by posting an affiliated link outside of the refferal area
    Thank you GG I thought I was the only one with a comment about this
    "where's smartasss- he's usually on the ball as well)

Strange , the mods seem to let him get a way with it, and even had abuse posted about me ( some of which people apolgised for) for highlightlighting it.

Feel this week , by allowing what they allowed the floodgates will open.
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    Surely one has to yield comission from the link if it is to be an affiliate link?

I didn't, so it wasn't?

I don't think I'll bother in future...
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Surely one has to yield comission from the link if it is to be an affiliate link?

I didn't, so it wasn't?

I don't think I'll bother in future...
    but you didn't know you wouldn't get the commission when you 1st posted the link
  • robnye
    robnye Posts: 5,411 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    funny how some people make scurrilous remarks and hide behind fake email ids....... >:(
    smile --- it makes people wonder what you are up to.... ;) :cool:
  • nearlyrich
    nearlyrich Posts: 13,698 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Hung up my suit!
    Options
    I was going to pm zcaprd7 with a message of support but I decided to go public.

I don't want to upset or annoy anyone but I think this argument is getting very petty and if it puts people off posting offers that lots of us benefitted from I think it is crazy.

zcaprd7 was upfront in his (?) first post and no-one made anyone go for the offer or nominate him for post of the month.

Martin says be nice to other money savers I think that is a really good idea.
    Free impartial debt advice from: National Debtline or Stepchange[/CENTER]
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport