Post of the Month - July

Options

Comments

• glad2
    glad2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    well guests wont be able to post soon
    but I do happen to agree with this one and why was their post scurrilous ???
  • glad2
    glad2 Posts: 4 Newbie
    Options
    I was going to pm zcaprd7 with a message of support but I decided to go public.

I don't want to upset or annoy anyone but I think this argument is getting very petty and if it puts people off posting offers that lots of us benefitted from I think it is crazy.

zcaprd7 was upfront in his (?) first post and no-one made anyone go for the offer or nominate him for post of the month.

Martin says be nice to other money savers I think that is a really good idea.

but martin also says that affiliated links must ONLY be posted in the referral board
    and zcaprd7 was pretty nasty in some of his posts to sherrif, and he has since removed some of the really nasty ones
  • trafalgar_2
    trafalgar_2 Posts: 22,309 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Deleted as should not been posted in this thread ;D
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    trafalgar Posted on: Today at 8:36pm
    He also says if you spot a rule being broken........or words to that effect................pm the moderators and they can decide/sort it

Due to the large number of posts they don't always act very quickly, and actually ask others to point them out also.

Also appears that on that thread, the link reappeared after initial moderator action
  • Lara
    Lara Posts: 2,880 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    For me it's zcaprd7 - two boxes of wine @ £4.95 and twelve bottles @ £24.99 :o:o :P. Plus introduced other people to the board and they've got the same as well ;D.

Can't nominate for NC "thepearce" cos I only got six packets of toe separators and nothing else. Sorry! so my vote has to go on the wine bargains :D.
  • zcaprd7
    zcaprd7 Posts: 1,079 Forumite
    Options
    Probably not the thread for it?

Well I don't mind defending myself (well actually I do) against reasonable criticism but when a few people start making things up it gets a bit tiresome...

I didn't edit out any insults - they've stayed - with good reason (but I did apologise).

Once the moderator deleted the link I didn't reinstate it, I put it in the referral section (to me it seems a loophole, we should encourage decent posts, with affiliate links or not, otherwise we could get lots of spammy redirection to the referal area, we don't at the moment because most spammers are too stupid to realise it).

And yes, I didn't know if I would get a commission, but I seriously doubted it from the start... I don't believe I posted for personal gain, I posted for everybody elses gain and if Virgin were stupid enough to pay me then that was a bonus - so technically no rules broken.

All in all its been my best find, lots of people seemed to like it (thanks for all the pms, as well as thanks on this thread and the two wine threads) with over 10,000 views.

I've also put a lot of time and effort into the two threads - over 100 posts - and it seems a shame that a couple (look I'm sorry Glad and The Sheriff) of people have got annoyed because I broke their strict understanding of the rules.
  • System
    Options
    Well I don't mind defending myself (well actually I do) against reasonable criticism but when a few people start making things up it gets a bit tiresome...

I didn't edit out any insults - they've stayed - with good reason (but I did apologise).

Once the moderator deleted the link I didn't reinstate it

No reason for insults

PLUS

Mod deleted aff link on 18/7

but as shown by posts ( cut and pasted) on 20/7 they reappeared

http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Urgents;action=display;num=1090019203;start=162
    Quote:1. Go to http://www.awin1.com/awclick.php?mid=833&id=3443X

2. Click on "Gifts"

3. Click on "summer gift pack"

awin is an Affiliate Window link which I believe pays £5 per sale !

Hope you give all the money to MSE charity fund

« Last Edit: Jul 20th, 2004, 7:57pm by Sheriff_Of_Nott
  • System
    Options
    l
  • System
    Options
    why are you so intent on continuing the argument

if you have a problem why can you not let it drop

if you got a real problem tell the boss
  • Tony_H_3
    Tony_H_3 Posts: 2,643 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I vote "ThePearce" for the toe seperator from boots http://forum.moneysavingexpert.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.cgi?board=Urgents;action=display;num=1088294923;start=0 with over 30,000 posts and lot's of fun along the way it was a breathe of fresh air to the forums.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure