PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 12,492 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    slow and steady rain here, so I am able to carry on sorting/packing garden/allotment stuff. I have just washed all the muddy plastic pegs for ground cover. Lunch will be chopped veg plus quinoa/lentil pasta all done in one pan because I cba. I started work on the garden stuff at about 7 and tbh am grateful that it is not baking hot right now.

It is so tempting to now ignore weeds on the allotment but I won`t because it will be handed over to whoever buys my house, if they want it. Otherwise I will choose someone who is out there and keeps his/her patch neat (ish) one very messy person (lots of overgrown weeds bushes etc) already asked me and I said no. We have a couple of male newbies here with tiny plots, so they are good potentials. Shed, 2 big plastic boxes etc plus very fertile ex raised beds and stunning amount of fruit. What`s not to crave
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,302 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Kittie, I'm surprised you can get to choose who has your allotment next, ours was always next in the queue gets it, but council run, I'm guessing yours are private

Last night's match caused freezer raiding, one choc ice & one nutty choccy cone:o

Cooler day, breakfast was 1/4 of the Galia melon, sliced banana, HM yoghurt & honey

Envying Kittie rain, Fed & watered pots out the front, the sunflower "faces" are looking nice now, plus spotted two "Sungold" tomatoes ripening
    The runners I had last night were sweet & tender, so nice I'm intending to be picking more for tonight

Lunch will be cheese & salady sarnie

I found the heating destructions for the RM chicken dinner, has to be heated in oven from frozen, learning from last weeks flygate I've removed from freezer but put it in the closed microwave to stop any of the blighters getting near it

I'll do extra veg using my runners, very homespun, sorta
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • PasturesNew
    PasturesNew Posts: 70,698 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    So far today I've just had 4 squares of chocolate.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 12 July 2018 at 1:25PM
    Options
    I cba going out in the car and anyway don`t want to get sucked into cba puddings and cba bread. Then there is the thought of crammed car parking and I don`t want to spend money this month and it would definitely have been MnS. I need to use up what I have so am doing just that and have prepared to make lots of cotswold crunch rolls. I don`t know why I have not thought of making rolls for such a long time. I am just testing old unopened active yeast, if it rises and foams then all will be well. CC is a very malted flour with lots of grains, smells lovely
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,110 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    I've spent far too much of the past 24 hours sorting out an issue with Argos, talk about a company not joining the dots up:mad:. Eventually got it sorted out this morning but it took a visit to the nearest store which I struggle with. I shall "nurse my wrath" for a few days before I draft the complaint email.....
    As Aldi is next door I made the most of being loaded up with anti dizzy meds and ventured in. I had hoped to take advantage of the super 6 but the various fruit & veg included all look a bit tired so didn't bother with them. I'm suitably stocked up though on jars of anti pasta, cheeses etc.:)
    Lunch was a ham & cheese salad wrap with flat peaches and tonight I'm baking turkey steaks topped with onion, tomato, mushrooms & chorizo which we'll have with green beans, orzo and some more of the HM pesto.
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I've just had crust of bread, toasted, topped with beans and scrambled eggs. Had the stuff in/open, so it seemed the best idea.

If the weather's on the turn, I'll use that time to do a slow cooker chilli as I've got an assortment of mince and steak in the freezer that could all be tossed in ... have to see how the quantities stack up when it's closer to the actual day it'll be rubbish... that needs carrots really, but instead of buying a whole pack of fresh I'll just use a can.
  • [Deleted User]
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    32 yummy rolls are ready, I ate one, so that is bread for a whole month ahead and if I want sweet then I will add jam. They were easy to make. I used 1.4kg of flour
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    kittie wrote: »
    32 yummy rolls are ready, I ate one, so that is bread for a whole month ahead and if I want sweet then I will add jam. They were easy to make. I used 1.4kg of flour

In my little oven, I'd still be standing there waiting for "the next batch of about 6" to rise/bake :)

It's just quicker/easier to walk into the shop with 50p and walk out with four and 1p change.
  • moneyistooshorttomention
    Options
    Dinner currently cooking - later than planned (courtesy of a suspected ants nest in a bodgers gap between outside upvc window cill and stonework underneath). Fingers crossed it's sorted - ie I've just cleaned off what looks like brown rice husks for the second time recently and had a darn good scrape underneath into the bodgers gap they left:eek:

So cooking up pasta that has some spring onions in. Will have with my home-made oil-free hummus, little bit of milk to thin the hummus down a bit, tomatoes, olives. Scatter a bit of nutritional yeast on top and eaten with salad.
  • PasturesNew
    Options
    I'm on a roll now .... once you start eating it's hard to stop :)

Currently cooking fish fingers and chips.... won't bother with peas. Apparently there'll be a shortage later this year, so I'd better hang onto them :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback