My 25 Months Challenge

Options

Comments

• A_Frayed_Knot
    A_Frayed_Knot Posts: 3,296 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Welcome shiny new diary.

I have just seen your mortgage balance, are you allowed the usual 10% overpayments for the year Jan - Dec? and have you much left you are allowed to o/p? lots of questions here . . . I only ask as I had an obsession of making sure my mortgage balance always had 0.00 or 00.00 at the end.

I notice your end balance is £5.15 ;) could that be your next o/p?
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Now a Part Timer from 27.10.19
  • StripeyTightsSpottySocks
    Options
    Welcome shiny new diary.

I have just seen your mortgage balance, are you allowed the usual 10% overpayments for the year Jan - Dec? and have you much left you are allowed to o/p? lots of questions here . . . I only ask as I had an obsession of making sure my mortgage balance always had 0.00 or 00.00 at the end.

I notice your end balance is £5.15 ;) could that be your next o/p?

Hello A Frayed Knot - hopefully this will work as i spotted little speech bubbles and gave one a whirl :) Your sig is very impressive - i'll have to have a read for tips :D

Not too many questions at all. My mortgage year is August to July - hence my 25 month challenge.

I had £1000 that i've left to pay to hit target this year - i paid £100 today after Mr SpottySocks gave me his half of a bill i'd paid

I pay the 'odd' amount of the 10% as soon as i can near the start of the overpayment resetting at the start of the year.
    Mortgage Balance
    Options
    Quick update :)

Paid £100 off the mortgage today so £900 left to pay to hit the 10% for the year before the 10% re-sets next month. As noted above - money off Mr SpottySocks for his half to a bill which i'd paid so this was paid off today :A At the moment it's throwing everything at the mortgage to achieve the 10% this year.

Managed to lose over an hour of my life on the phone to the pension place - anyway job done now :T

A couple of surveys completed taking me a wee bit closer to payout.

Packed lunch eaten in work today and tomorrows is ready

Made tea as per food plan - no waste and no shopping needed :)

Spent 1p today - less of a spend and more of a donation - was only coin I had for a collection tub.

A dress was decluttered today so less 'stuff' in the house :T I've had my moneys worth and it is too big. I also need the space more and any pennies i can get in so this has gone now :T

Off to have a quick read of some diaries on here for ideas :)
    Mortgage Balance
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    Who is your mortgage lender as that is slightly different to the norm for o/p your 10%. Have you checked with them?

Great o/p, I can still see that £5.15 there :rotfl:
    Always have 00.00 at the end of your mortgage and one day it will all be 0's :dance:
    MF[STRIKE] March 2030[/STRIKE] Yes that does say 2030 :eek: Mortgage Free 21.12.18 _party_
    Options
    Who is your mortgage lender as that is slightly different to the norm for o/p your 10%. Have you checked with them?

Great o/p, I can still see that £5.15 there :rotfl:

Hello again A Frayed Knot

i know reading lots of diaries on here it seems to be that the 10% sets at the start of the calendar year. For my mortgage it is from the anniversary of when we took this mortgage out (via re-mortgaging to this company). It is definitely correct as, unlike my previous mortgage, i can see my mortgage online :j:j:j And there is a really good little section which monitors my overpayments so I always know where I'm up to with it, when it comes to end as well etc :D
    Mortgage Balance
    Options
    A quick update before my tea is ready - it has been a very hard working couple of days in work and i am starving! Sticking to the meal plan for brekkie, lunch and tea so all good there :D it may sound silly but i can't wait until the cupboards and freezer are bare - except for staples - i just feel the need to start again with things :o It'll be a while yet though - i'm sure i've enough lunches until the end of the year :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I have a love of the roundness of numbers too A Frayed Knot so today i returned an item i loved but didn't need, with that refund and the cancellation of my payment to personal pension (as now paying through work) I paid credit card in my sig down to a round even number :T

it may not stay that way as i'm toying with using funds from bay of e sales to pay towards this balance - will have to see how the bay goes :cool:

Completed all surveys i can since arriving home from work - screened out of a fair few too!

Tea beckons x
    Mortgage Balance
  • A_Frayed_Knot
    Options
    I have a love of the roundness of numbers too A Frayed Knot so today i returned an item i loved but didn't need, with that refund and the cancellation of my payment to personal pension (as now paying through work) I paid credit card in my sig down to a round even number :T

:T :j :beer: :D Well done :T
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,492 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    StripeyTights - Well done on the payments and for taking stuff back.

Frayed knot - keep up the challenges - It's even rubbing off on me.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £183,754 Equity 26.5%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.65K
    3) CC £5.1K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.5K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
    Options
    StripeyTights - Well done on the payments and for taking stuff back.

Frayed knot - keep up the challenges - It's even rubbing off on me.

Hi savingholmes - thank you for stopping by - do you have a diary? I will look out for it :)
    Mortgage Balance
    Options
    i thought i should pop in and update.

i didn't make it back on here yesterday but did manage to get to payout on a survey so £2.50 has made it's way to me :T

A couple more 10p surveys completed on 1-poll - a long way off payout there.

Meal plan adhered to and is very easy knowing what we're having each day. Meals also planned out for next week so that should be good too :D

I should have some funds winging their way to me soon from bay of e, current rough plan is:

T CC in sig

should easily spot that now when i look through for it ;) So rough plan of:

Usual payment £40 mth + £50 for cancelled DD = £90 to pay off each month plus any bay of e money.

Look into MB, once started half to savings half to this

Went to shops yesterday - only for essentials - loo roll :rotfl: cat food :D Total spend £10 but stuck to the list :T
    Mortgage Balance
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure