Frump to Fab 2019 - Here We Go Again

Options

Comments

• lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Great mission statement, pretty much same as mine. :rotfl:

Isn't it funny how we seem to be going back to wearing dresses more often. Like you Silva after years in corporate dress I drifted into practically living in jeans. Now I really am bored with them and I'm building up a nice selection of dresses, skirts and "proper" trousers.

Silva.....one of my "mission statement" plans for this winter is to start sewing again. I used to make nearly all my clothes when I was a teenager.....fancied myself as Derby's answer to Mary Quant. :rotfl: Having sons rather than daughters to sew for I got out of the habit. I am bit rusty so I'm thinking I will go to a sewing class.

Right back to work.....
  • sugarbaby125
    sugarbaby125 Posts: 3,335 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello Ladies,

LL, thank you for your concern. I am still in pain with my Arthritis and my wisdom tooth, but both are at manageable levels with painkillers

I am looking forward to my next holiday in 2020 as my sister H and I are planning on being even more adventurous with our choice of Country and luxury resort. I want even more pampering next year than I had in Jamaica :D

I love Karaoke and dancing, but at the moment, I need at least 2 rest days in between days or evenings out, as I am also more tired than I normally feel :cool:

I am still getting on with my healthy eating. When I am tempted to snack on things like crisps, I go upstairs and take a look at my 2 gorgeous Coast dresses and change my mind and eat a healthy snack like fruit. As my daughter lives with me, there are always tempting snacks available, as she enjoys eating them in moderation with balanced meals. It would not be fair to force her not to eat the things she enjoys eating when she is not overweight and eats across all of the food groups. My influence means that her favourite drink is bottled water. She does not enjoy eating salad but does not moan when I serve her a salad for a meal. :)

I have been doing a lot of TV watching and reading as I am spending more time at home at the moment. I have read 5 books in less than 2 weeks and really enjoyed each of them. :D

My younger son decided to cook a pasta and chicken bake yesterday, but realised in the end that he was being too ambitious considering his limited cooking skills. ;) He was asking me for advice by text, so in the end I told him to come home with all of the ingredients and I would help him. It turned out really good. :D My son and daughter had dinner from the pasta bake and there was still enough for 5 good sized portions. I put 4 portions into plastic microwave containers for my son to take home and kept the 5th portion for my lunch today. :D
  • melodyladygunslinger
    Options
    Hi everyone:hello:

Thankyou to everyone for the lovely messages and welcomes☺

I've had a very up and down week this week, currently feeling very low.

Ive had the week off to spend time with my husband and daughter so we've been to Warwick Castle, Sea Life Centre and just had a really lovely family week😊

However, on the weight/anxiety front its not been good. I have tried to eat a bit more, small and often, as I have had hardly any energy and I'm sleeping too much which is not good. I weighed myself this morning and I've gained 3lbs so now I'm only just under 20st so I'm very upset. I've just tried to have some lunch and I can't eat it as i feel sick and can't help hating myself for gaining weight again so nothing tastes right:cry:

I'm sorry for the low post but I hope everyone on here are having a lovely Sunday😊
    Sealed Pot Challenge #126 :heart2: SPC 2019 £424.00
    Weight Loss Goal To Lose: 112LB
    Weight Loss So Far: 22LB
    Weight Still To Go: 90LB:j
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Oh dear, Melody.

So sorry to hear you are feeling so down in the dumps, especially after your lovely week off.

Just an idea and dismiss it out of hand if you wish, I won't be offended. However, would it be worth you joining a slimming club. I did, and so did Maman, others on here also but they have dispensed with the weekly meeting and have joined online.

I have to confess the idea of slimming clubs doesnt really appeal to me, but heres the thing.....they do work. It does seem easier when you have that moral support, expert knowledge and guidance to help you along.
  • melodyladygunslinger
    Options
    Oh dear, Melody.

So sorry to hear you are feeling so down in the dumps, especially after your lovely week off.

Just an idea and dismiss it out of hand if you wish, I won't be offended. However, would it be worth you joining a slimming club. I did, and so did Maman, others on here also but they have dispensed with the weekly meeting and have joined online.

I have to confess the idea of slimming clubs doesnt really appeal to me, but heres the thing.....they do work. It does seem easier when you have that moral support, expert knowledge and guidance to help you along.

Thankyou for the advice lessonlearned I have done weightwatchers in the past but the group sessions made me feel worse or I was ignored. I didn't realise I could do it online though and not have to go to the meetings. I may have a look at slimming world instead of WW though☺

I think one of my (many) problems is that I can't help comparing myself to others. I'm happy for them that they have lost the weight they want but inside I'm thinking of how awful I have done. It doesnt help when, for example, my work colleagues start talking about losing weight as they want to be a size 8 instead of a 10 and I'm sitting there in my size 24 clothes wishing I could have those same problems.

I'm sorry if I'm bringing the group down with my negativity😢
    Sealed Pot Challenge #126 :heart2: SPC 2019 £424.00
    Weight Loss Goal To Lose: 112LB
    Weight Loss So Far: 22LB
    Weight Still To Go: 90LB:j
  • Wednesday2000
    Wednesday2000 Posts: 7,365 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm having a pampering session tonight in the bath.

I'm going to the dentist tomorrow to pick up my whitening trays.

I'm going to wear my new (chazzer) black short dress and red vest top I bought last week and my vintage red necklace when I pick the trays up.
    FrankieM wrote: »
    A shift dress suits me too silasaver it seems to not draw too much attention to my lumps and bumps.

I like shift dresses too, I think they are very flattering.:) What store do you buy yours from?
    I think one of my (many) problems is that I can't help comparing myself to others. I'm happy for them that they have lost the weight they want but inside I'm thinking of how awful I have done. It doesnt help when, for example, my work colleagues start talking about losing weight as they want to be a size 8 instead of a 10 and I'm sitting there in my size 24 clothes wishing I could have those same problems.

I have that problem too. I have a very obsessive mind and I find it very easy to just daydream about how I compare to other people.

It's been 20 years since I left university this year and I haven't kept in touch with people I knew there. For some reason I keep imagining what people I knew back then are doing now. I keep imagining people are all very successful and rich.

It's quite ridiculous as I have no information to go on and I don't even know why I would care anyway!:o:mad:

I have started doing mindfulness/meditation exercises again as I find that helps me stop the obsessive thoughts. Maybe worth a try? You can find lots of audio exercises online for free.
  • maman
    maman Posts: 28,589 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm sorry if I'm bringing the group down with my negativity😢

Don't worry about that melody, we've all been there at one time or another. Just keep posting. :)

I've had great success with SW although I don't think that the online version is great value for money from what I've been told. Some people join for the minimum period and then when they've got their heads around how the healthy eating plan works they go it alone. There's a brilliant thread on here:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=6020146

It's completely supportive and the earliest posts explain roughly how it all works. Take a look and you'd be very welcome to join in.:)

Glad to hear you're still fabbing Frankie even if the eating/cooking has gone a bit awry. I'm sure a mixture of HM ready meals and those bought in has to be the way to go for midweek meals. Or something really simple and quick like stir fries.:)

It is hard to keep to healthy eating when there are snacks in the house sugarbaby. Using your gorgeous new dresses as motivation is a brilliant idea. :T Have you and your sister decided where you're going for your next holiday yet?:)

I find that most of my fabbing is maintenance silva. When I started out there was so much to do but now I've established various routines that I stick to. They've become my new 'normal'. This is both the treatments that I have regularly (hair, feet, nails, eyebrows) and the things I do at home (mostly skincare and wardrobe planning).

I'm another that used to do a fair bit of dressmaking LL. When I was starting off in my career I made any number of skirts both pencil ones for work and less formal ones for weekend wear plus dresses both for daytime and occasions.

I've looked again at photos of Jennifer Scott Wednesday and it's hard to judge just how old she is. I think I was assuming she was fairly young because she talked of wearing that hideous outfit to take her children swimming so I assumed she was a youngish mum.

I had a good time dancing last night. It was very humid so quite tiring especially as I've had the best part of a month off. I managed to keep going though.:)

Restful day today. I've done yet more ironing (almost finished) and we'll have a nice roast later before I settle down to Poldark. :D I've read all the Winston Graham books and as an adaptation, the series isn't bad. While I was ironing I've been listening to an 'audio book' on the BBC Sounds App. It's actually a serial from Radio 4 years ago called East Lynn by Mrs Henry Wood. It has an implausible plot and would have been sensational in it's time. It's a bit Jane Austen meets Vanity Fair but gentle and enjoyable.

Still bright and warm here. Hope you're all having a good weekend.:)
  • FrankieM
    FrankieM Posts: 2,454 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    wednesday I get mine from Dorothy Perkins. I picked up a few in the online sale and love them. :)
  • savingfortomorrow
    Options
    Frankie- shift dress are lovely as you can dress them up and down. So versatile and a style classic that allows you to keep it a few seasons.

sugar - I bet your son was proud of the pasta bake. It’s great when a learner cook gets smiles and empty plates.

Melody- it might be worthwhile speaking to the doctor if you are feeling so tired and ill. It could be a thyroid issue or infection brewing. Sometimes a check up can make the world of difference. It can be difficult dealing with anxiety and it can affect digestive systems. Each process of change is difficult but it’s easier with a little support.

I agree with you that i find it difficult measuring upto others as really we just focus on how others do. It is easier to plot your own path. Maybe an online group, I have realized that everyone has thier own battle some people are in control of finances, relationships, career, ect but everyone has something that they feel is not perfect. No one has everything- but it is human nature to compare ourselves to others. Its hard to just to focus on you only.

I have spent a relaxing weekend tidying and finishing diy projects. I did some gardening and lots of laundry. Preparing for the week ahead. Ive been eating healthly and drinking more water. Small steps in the right direction. .
  • chanie
    chanie Posts: 3,317 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi fabbers,

I haven’t posted in a while as I have been really busy with work and stuff but have been keeping up with the thread.

My plans are taken up with holiday prep, as we go to Greece next week. We have only just started packing as we bought new suitcases today. We tend to pack lightly so it shouldn’t take too long. We will be spending next weekend finishing our packing, sorting out the house and pre holiday fabbing. I’m getting my roots done plus getting defuzzed. I like to get waxed before I go away, but this means I spend the build up to my holiday really hairy, which is a nightmare given the recent warm weather as it means I have to keep covered up.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure