Millionaire Challenge

Options

Comments

• daffodil
    Options
    Whats my PPP post?
  • daffodil
    Options
    Kayalana99 - If that was me of course which it may or may not have been. I must say I find it very disturbing that anyone would search for previous posts from anyone. I was intending offering my sound advice - BUT now I will not be offering it to anyone because of you my dear.
  • droopsnoot
    droopsnoot Posts: 1,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    To be fair, it was a very enigmatic opening message, so not entirely surprising that someone might use the two clicks required to see your other posts and see what information you might have to share.

Sounds as if we will never know.
  • Double_Trouble
    Options
    If it only took 5 months to get to be very rich it can't have been that hard ;)

But for me I am going to continue plodding my way there :D

DTxx
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Daffodil your full of rubbish, you weren't offering us anything anyway,I'm glad kay brought it up tbh and if that's the way you react to your own post which we can access anyway, I don't want any of what it is.

I'd rather struggle on with the support and encouragement of people in the same boat in this thread.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
    SPC Member 1522/2012-£264/ new pot 2013
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 25 September 2014 at 8:10PM
    Options
    daffodil wrote: »
    Kayalana99 - If that was me of course which it may or may not have been. I must say I find it very disturbing that anyone would search for previous posts from anyone. I was intending offering my sound advice - BUT now I will not be offering it to anyone because of you my dear.

It was mere curiosity!! I don't like to admit it (although I have before) that I started my business as someone from this forum was bragging that they had such an easy business they ran from eBay... if I hadn't took the time to do a little research I would still be scanning items at a checkout.

I really feel like I've missed a good chance here DAM. :mad: ;)

My mind is wandering again....and I've been thinking that the best for me to do is to keep thinking of new business ideas and perhaps start a 2nd with the intention of phasing the 1st out IF I can get it to work of course, I keep thinking of ways to grow and market my business lately but the plug is the fact I have two kids so even if I got the business I couldn't cope (I am getting repetitive sorry guys)

I've had this idea for youtube videos I could do forever..I know nothing about youtube (creating revenue wise) but I think this is a really good idea and something ratting around my head for years (well I originally wanted to write an instruction book so to speak rather then videos but I figure if I can get popular on youtube then write the book? I'd already have a fan base...

In my head I could try and do a few videos a week and upload a load of them in one go (so say I created the first 20-30) get a website together and give it a good go..or I could just keep putting them on as I do them. (OMG me on youtube....sorry my confidence is pretty low!! not something I'd ideally want to do but hey ho!!)

Thing is once a video is done, it's repeat income...and it's the kind of area that you can keep coming up with unlimited ones, my friend when I told him said it was a really good idea and he would def watch them.

I'm just trying to think of things that will not take so much time, I was watching a video of a woman who had built a business in space of two years and turned over 100k in past year...and her profit was about 95k of that because it was all internet based advertising and e book selling kind of thing (yes one of them...) but you see where I'm coming from...not saying she hasn't worked hard for that money but surely the key to being a millionaire is finding income streams that don't take to much time...cause then you can look for more ways of building income.

Ramble ramble ramble.....I hope one day I can point people to this thread of 'how I got started' haha.

P.s I'm £13 off £1000 (gross) income for September!! ...and still got just under a week left :-) That's a first for me.
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • Double_Trouble
    Options
    I agree Kayalana that if you want to make decent money the business has to be scaleable which is why I didn't try to turn my hobby into a business because there is only so much one person can produce so I think you are thinking in the right way.

Congratulations on approaching £1k monthly gross income that's a great milestone to reach onwards and upwards :j

DTxx
  • ms_night_ryder
    Options
    Congrats Kay

Great about the 1k, you can do it, don't you look at it and think, wow my business is growing?

Great ideas about the videos, I think you monetize with yt themselves or can get a sponser, or maybe your business can be the sponser for maximum exposure.

There is a thread on this board all about youtube videos, so maybe have a look there for inspiration, It did have some good ideas.

As for me, just done another part of training for my part time job, start the real work on Monday for 1 part, which means I will be paid and have my training money as well as expenses in the next 3 weeks, also got some freelance audit work lined up, so things are looking up over here.

I was reading that 80% of millionaires are first generation millionaires and that they work 85 hour weeks and have multiple streams of income, so some of that is good news and I seem to be going the right way, even if I am just clearing my debt this year.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
  • Kayalana99
    Kayalana99 Posts: 3,626 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 26 September 2014 at 12:27AM
    Options
    Thanks guys :-) I should hit it today, spent the night advertising on facebook (main business ofc) only 2 official orders but I think as it's late I've had quite a few 'I'll let you know in the morning what I want' lol :-)

I e-mailed my Dad and I said this time next year....

I can't wait to get started I'm thinking the best thing to do would be to get a set of 20-30 videos together, get the website built up and then get it all set up in one go..I want to create not just youtube videos but a 'brand' I already have the name...it's catchy, not something you'd easily forget.

I didn't know you could choose tbh I thought it would be a bit like google ads where they just stick what they think is relevant? I will have to look into this further, my business isn't really compatible in any way...but may stick a link to it on my 1st website somewhere you never know.

Will def go find that thread tomorrow, I've asked my web designer if he will do me another site...think he is going to kill me. He is playing on Spyro this evening though so he's half ignoring me. (Big kid)

I'm a bit excited(can you tell), it's amazing how an idea can be rattling around in your head but I suppose I've made the commitment to see this through so it's not the same.

Does that mean the parents aren't millionaires or that it's been passed down to the other 20%? I mean technically my Dad is on paper...your blowing my buzz.... :|

Good luck with your job hope it goes well :-)

On a personal note I have a knot in my stomach as I've been talked into a PEEP group by my health visitor (basically a toddler group), I've never been to one before not really sure what I'm scared of but just not great with woman in general..just get on with men better as I am not one of those Ohh your nails are so pretty!!(No offence to woman that are just not me) if you catch my drift...fingers crossed it really could go either way I could completly clash with them or find a few really good friends.

MNR : Is this the one? I'm off to bed so wil check back tomorrow http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4308073&highlight=youtube+revenue
    People don't know what they want until you show them.
  • ms_night_ryder
    ms_night_ryder Posts: 3,029 Forumite
    edited 26 September 2014 at 12:30AM
    Options
    Yes that one.

Yes Parents are not millionaires, they are the first to make it in their family.
    Lose 28lb 3/28lb
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport