The Edcawber Principle

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Indeed a decent milestone :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I get paid tomorrow and have cancelled or trimmed another £288.85 from May's budget, which has been paid off a CC. Call it paying myself first :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I get paid tomorrow and have cancelled or trimmed another £288.85 from May's budget, which has been paid off a CC. Call it paying myself first :)

That is awsome :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    These are big chunks of money, Ed, you're doing brilliantly.
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Thanks Beanie and KC, I am trying. Just preparing to steel myself against the mid month lull when I have nothing left to pay ;)

In unrelated news, got DD a swimsuit, hat, shoes and a cute wee T-shirt avec papillons for £20. Seemed reasonable for the remnants of her holiday supplies, think she has almost everything now? :think:

Edit: am a big saddo, thought the money I had in a fixed rate ISA was maturing, but it's not for a month yet.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Thanks Beanie and KC, I am trying. Just preparing to steel myself against the mid month lull when I have nothing left to pay ;)
    Awww! You go at a thousand miles an hour :D or you'd like to, anyway :)
    In unrelated news, got DD a swimsuit, hat, shoes and a cute wee T-shirt avec papillons for £20. Seemed reasonable for the remnants of her holiday supplies, think she has almost everything now? :think:
    Sounds good to me. I've just been faffing about with papillons myself today, in my inherited patchwork stash :)
    And omigod, children's clothes are so adorable these days!
    Edit: am a big saddo, thought the money I had in a fixed rate ISA was maturing, but it's not for a month yet.
    Like I say, a thousand miles an hour :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Oh the excitement - I've updated me spreadsheet and the V1rgin CC is now the one with the highest utilisation. My theory is that utilisation and total debt are the main issues for banks, so I direct payments accordingly. Massive payment made, I will miss that £1 :rotfl:
  • Calfuray
    Calfuray Posts: 1,003 Forumite
    Uniform Washer
    Options
    My theory is that utilisation and total debt are the main issues for banks, so I direct payments accordingly.

Isn't it annoying when slow and sensible wins the race? :o

Congrats on the below 60%
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Oh the doldrums of the week. £2.43 paid off a CC in two installments, each mightier than the last :rotfl:
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £25.99 paid off a CC - Am@zon voucher shuffle.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback