Your browser isn't supported
It looks like you're using an old web browser. To get the most out of the site and to ensure guides display correctly, we suggest upgrading your browser now. Download the latest:

Welcome to the MSE Forums

We're home to a fantastic community of MoneySavers but anyone can post. Please exercise caution & report spam, illegal, offensive or libellous posts/messages: click "report" or email forumteam@.

Search
  • FIRST POST
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 21st Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    • 3,488Posts
    • 32,687Thanks
    WannabeFree
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö
    • 21st Nov 17, 10:04 AM
    ôRock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.ö 21st Nov 17 at 10:04 AM
    Back in May this year I decided things had to change. I turned to here and received an amazing amount of help and advice. Here I am making a fresh start.

Debt 09/05/2017

Council Tax ú2092.71
    Court Fine ú1250
    Court Fine ú200
    Person 1 ú1000
    Person 2 ú1000
    Person 3 ú1379
    Person 4 ú427
    Debt Total ú7348.71

Rent Arrears ú3381.28

Total ú10729.99

*Person 4 ú575
    *New Debt ú732
    *Debt 1 ú387.29
    *Debt 2 ú1451.40
    *Debt 3 ú1137.73
    *EDF ú3140.65

Total ú18154.06

*As more comes out from under the carpet I will update here.
    Last edited by WannabeFree; 21-11-2017 at 11:21 AM.
Page 270
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 12:42 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you Pip Boy

Everyone is okay (I feel like saying it is dangerous ) but right now we are all okay

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.ö
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 12:43 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Also posting to add. I realise the holiday isn't really something I should be worrying about with everything else. But other than moaning about my MH I don't have much else to say and I know I shouldn't be worrying about the holiday.

x
    ôOnce you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.ö
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 1:02 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,550 Thanks
    teafor2
    I don't think people will see it as moaning, you're just trying to figure out what to do. But something like another emergency trip to hospital with travel and food and school clubs could be just the thing that tips it all out of balance again and if you're so near to getting everything sorted out I wonder if it would be better to cut your losses on the October holiday.

Like you say, if you decide not to go it doesn't necessarily mean no holiday at all this year, just not that one. Losing the deposit will always be tough though xx
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 1:10 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    I agree Tea I think I'll have too. Will still wait till the end of week before calling to cancel though

In other news hit cashout on Populuslive so a ú50 cheque will be sent in May

PA is at ú4.20 its been so quiet on there for ages! and I'm still miles away on Onepoll and Yougov (well 1350 away which is probably another year )

Smalls are playing snakes and ladders - I'm surprised it hasn't ended in tears yet

x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 2:14 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Called tax credits as when I logged in it said no further payments due anyway it seems they've excepted the hardship form and said my award will be updating. Hopefully by Friday I will be able to see payments. Even if they only take a few pounds a week less to the over payment it will be better than now.

x
    • EssexHebridean
    • By EssexHebridean 15th Apr 19, 3:11 PM
    • 9,181 Posts
    • 48,168 Thanks
    EssexHebridean
    Hmmmmm WF - so is one way of looking at the holiday thing "You'll have ú50 to pay towards it in May"? Could you up the surveys a bit to try to get the rest of it together? I made ú5 in a week on QMee last week - that site isn't for me, going forward, but might be an "every little helps" one for you?

Everyone being OK, right now, if a great thing though. In fact really that is the most important thing, isn't it!
    MORTGAGE FREE 30/09/2016
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): Stoozing.com SOA Calculator
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 3:14 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,550 Thanks
    teafor2
    You're on fire today WB thinking things through and sorting stuff out. Didn't realise you were also paying tax credits back. Fingers crossed you'll get a bit extra in the kitty to play with after they've worked figures out. Well done on the ú50 survey cash out. I've had nothing from PA for ages. xx
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 4:21 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you EH. I do feel like I'm on a better 'level' again my anxiety is still high but I have had no visitors/arrangements today so its not been as bad. Bit anxious about tomorrow but what will be will be. I am going to survey as much as I can. A neighbour has said I can use her family railcard so that makes the train fare under ú25 for all of us return tickets.

Thank you Tea. The tax credits is a pain. Once DLA is sorted tax credits will owe me what I'm paying back now PA has been so quiet

x

x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 4:28 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,717 Thanks
    beanielou
    Check your email x
    Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/03/14.
    **Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** **Weight loss 2 stone 12 lbs **

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    It starts with you, it starts from now. *** It is ok to be me.***
    ***Keep plodding***
    Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 4:32 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you Beanie, have replied on Whatsapp

x
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 15th Apr 19, 5:40 PM
    • 8,836 Posts
    • 68,621 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    I hope you manage to go on the holiday somehow Wannabe as it would do you all so much good.

I'm glad everyone is well at the moment. Have a good evening .
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = ú4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = ú1,505.
    Goal - buy ú50 worth of Premium Bonds per month = ú0
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 5:42 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Thank you HH. I hope so too I realise I'm 'wrong' for wanting it when things have been so tight money wise

x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 5:43 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Youngest has shoes on the way She is going to be so happy I can't wait to take her to collect them.

Everyone's in bed - early. DS has been a bit 'mouthy' this afternoon and he embarrassed me in the pharmacy answering back He just doesn't seem to realise when he's told something it doesn't always require a reply back! Naughty step for him

x
    • HairyHandofDartmoor
    • By HairyHandofDartmoor 15th Apr 19, 5:46 PM
    • 8,836 Posts
    • 68,621 Thanks
    HairyHandofDartmoor
    Thank you HH. I hope so too I realise I'm 'wrong' for wanting it when things have been so tight money wise

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree
    There's nothing wrong with wanting a holiday. It would do you all a lot of good.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = ú58,766 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017
    NEW GOALS - Build Emergency Fund & Loss of Income Fund. Save for house repairs.
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = ú4,005. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = ú1,505.
    Goal - buy ú50 worth of Premium Bonds per month = ú0
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 6:09 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,717 Thanks
    beanielou
    Youngest has shoes on the way She is going to be so happy I can't wait to take her to collect them.

Everyone's in bed - early. DS has been a bit 'mouthy' this afternoon and he embarrassed me in the pharmacy answering back He just doesn't seem to realise when he's told something it doesn't always require a reply back! Naughty step for him

x
    Originally posted by WannabeFree

Boys!!!! x

"A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.
    ***Keep plodding***
    • teafor2
    • By teafor2 15th Apr 19, 6:53 PM
    • 1,302 Posts
    • 9,550 Thanks
    teafor2
    It's definitely not wrong to want a holiday. I bet it's the first thing a lot of people would choose if they could.

Great to read DD has shoes on the way. DS has never given me any trouble with his mouth but DD ...... well I could write a book xx
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 7:04 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    You know a lot of the time what he says is right .. It's just how he says it. Then DD smashed a glass because she couldn't wait the 3 seconds it would have taken me to stop doing what I was doing and get her some juice. Honestly I seen red and was like bath and bed time! Holidays or not you can go to bed

They are all settled now though.

x
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 7:06 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    So a slight change and things look brighter

Weekly Out
    ú102 Rent
    ú15.30 CT
    ú15 Gas
    ú15 Electric
    ú11.40 Water
    ú2.50 TV License
    ú2.50 for phone credit
    ú16 Bus Pass

ú20 Debt (28 weeks to go I think will check later)

ú2 Snack

ú47 for food/everything else. (ú5 of this now going to go to a hospital fund ú2 to a pot for nappies etc. ú30 groceries and ú10 for 'other')

x
    • beanielou
    • By beanielou 15th Apr 19, 7:09 PM
    • 62,577 Posts
    • 270,717 Thanks
    beanielou
    Glad that things things are seeming brighter xx

***Keep plodding***
    • WannabeFree
    • By WannabeFree 15th Apr 19, 7:14 PM
    • 3,488 Posts
    • 32,687 Thanks
    WannabeFree
    Also if we fit the October holiday in. This week I will have to cancel the one booked and wait and see but still aim for the October school holiday if that makes sense.

My 'grocery and other' amount is what we'd spend on food etc. Travel is ú25. I think it's 26 weeks until the start of the half term. ú2 a week is Travel and an 'extra' ú27 for extras. ú2 a week sounds doable from surveys etc.
Welcome to our new Forum!

Our aim is to save you money quickly and easily. We hope you like it!

Forum Team Contact us

Live Stats

340Posts Today

4,876Users online

Martin's Twitter
  • Have a great Easter, or a chag sameach to those like me attending Passover seder tomorrow. I?m taking all of next? https://t.co/qrAFTIpqWl

• RT @rowlyc1980: A whopping 18 days off work for only 9 days leave! I?ll have a bit of that please......thanks @MartinSLewis for your crafty?

• RT @dinokyp: That feeling when you realise that you have 18 days of work and only used 9 days of your annual leave! Thanks @MartinSLewis h?

• Follow Martin