“Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life.”

Options

Comments

• WannabeFree
    WannabeFree Posts: 4,438 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Also posting to add. I realise the holiday isn't really something I should be worrying about with everything else. But other than moaning about my MH I don't have much else to say :o and I know I shouldn't be worrying about the holiday.

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't think people will see it as moaning, you're just trying to figure out what to do. But something like another emergency trip to hospital with travel and food and school clubs could be just the thing that tips it all out of balance again and if you're so near to getting everything sorted out I wonder if it would be better to cut your losses on the October holiday.

Like you say, if you decide not to go it doesn't necessarily mean no holiday at all this year, just not that one. Losing the deposit will always be tough though :( xx
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    I agree Tea I think I'll have too. Will still wait till the end of week before calling to cancel though :o

In other news hit cashout on Populuslive so a £50 cheque will be sent in May :)

PA is at £4.20 its been so quiet on there for ages! and I'm still miles away on Onepoll and Yougov (well 1350 away which is probably another year :rotfl:)

Smalls are playing snakes and ladders - I'm surprised it hasn't ended in tears yet :o :rotfl:

x
    “Once you hit rock bottom, that's where you perfectly stand; That's your chance of restarting, but restarting the way.”
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Called tax credits as when I logged in it said no further payments due :eek: anyway it seems they've excepted the hardship form and said my award will be updating. Hopefully by Friday I will be able to see payments. Even if they only take a few pounds a week less to the over payment it will be better than now.

x
  • EssexHebridean
    EssexHebridean Posts: 21,372 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hmmmmm WF - so is one way of looking at the holiday thing "You'll have £50 to pay towards it in May"? Could you up the surveys a bit to try to get the rest of it together? I made £5 in a week on QMee last week - that site isn't for me, going forward, but might be an "every little helps" one for you?

Everyone being OK, right now, if a great thing though. In fact really that is the most important thing, isn't it! :T
    🎉 MORTGAGE FREE (First time!) 30/09/2016 🎉 And now we go again…New mortgage taken 01/09/23 🏡
    Balance as at 01/09/23 = £115,000.00
    Balance as at 31/12/23 = £112,000.00
    SOA CALCULATOR (for DFW newbies): SOA Calculator
    she/her
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    You're on fire today WB thinking things through and sorting stuff out. Didn't realise you were also paying tax credits back. Fingers crossed you'll get a bit extra in the kitty to play with after they've worked figures out. Well done on the £50 survey cash out. I've had nothing from PA for ages. xx
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you EH. I do feel like I'm on a better 'level' again my anxiety is still high but I have had no visitors/arrangements today so its not been as bad. Bit anxious about tomorrow but what will be will be. I am going to survey as much as I can. A neighbour has said I can use her family railcard so that makes the train fare under £25 for all of us return tickets.

Thank you Tea. The tax credits is a pain. Once DLA is sorted tax credits will owe me what I'm paying back now :cool: PA has been so quiet :(

x

x
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Check your email x
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • WannabeFree
    Options
    Thank you Beanie, have replied on Whatsapp

x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I hope you manage to go on the holiday somehow Wannabe as it would do you all so much good.

I'm glad everyone is well at the moment. Have a good evening :).
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure