Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,453 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    milann wrote: »
    :hello: Beanie Pleased to see you - I will try and get on here more often............

That would just be fab :)
    Only one card to go :cool:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,603 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had a really low spendy month this month as I want to throw some cash at my 0 % card at the end of the month.............until today..........

We ventured into town and had a lovely meal at a restaurant paid for with vouchers from dd as a present. As I was walking back along a part of town I don't generally pass I went into the Shuropody shoe shop.

I haven't managed to wear sandals for years as I have to wear podiatry inserts or my ankles tend to collapse leaving me in a heap on the floor........ Last time I had a podiatry appointment I was having a grumble about not being able to wear sandals and he recommended a certain make.........anyway the shuropody shop had them and I got very excited and bought a pair. They are nothing special to look at but the instep is built up. I had no intention of buying anything today BUT spent £70 on a pair of ordinary looking sandals - I'm hoping they do the job and don't end up at the bottom of my wardrobe with several other pairs of shoes I can't wear - all I need now is the sunshine to keep shining so I can get my money's worth LOL
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hope the sandals are just the job for you.
    Money well spent if they are :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• milann
    Options
    The sandal theme has taken over a tad..... after not being able to find any suitable for years its a bit like a bus - I found another shop with sandals which I can put my own inserts but they were £100........I put them on and took them off - I even went out of the shop and then back in again and bought them!!!!!! The same shop had a sale on on shoes too so I went back the following day and got 2 pairs of shoes and a pair of trainers. So I've got more shoes than I've ever had for years - but I'm looking on them as an investment. It's virtually 2 years since I'd bought any shoes, so if they last as long as I'm expecting them to do I'll get my wear out of them. LOL good job my freezer was well stocked as I've banished myself from going to the shops for he rest of the month LOL LOL LOL
    My planned over payment to 0% cc didn't happen either but I have paid my Mr T card which I pay monthly off in full again so I'm pleased to be back on track with that again. So my total is £1725 - I'd hoped to have had it lower by now.....
    An expensive month with car insurance and new glasses to pay for this month but I can reclaim most of the cost of my glasses but I did a VERY SILLY thing when I went to pay for my specs on Friday - I tried to put the wrong number in for my pin and my card was locked - talk about senior moment - I've had the same familiar number a long time so WHY a mental block when I tried to remember it - luckily they said I can pay for my specs on collection - I felt a right idiot. I've just been onto Mr T banking and I will unlock it tomorrow - stopped me spending today when I was out and about with ds and dh LOL

Have had a busy few days in the garden - moving paving slabs with dh from around the edge of grass to make a bigger patio area and changing the small grassed area - lots of hard work but using materials we already had -I'm so glad the paving slabs were only small square ones though - we were both shattered and dh did the heavy work. It should look good when its done.

Hope I sleep better tonight as I was wide awake from 3.35 am - I've gone hopeless as sleeping. Nigh night.
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,392 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm like you with shoes, I just can't seem to get any comfortable ones at the moment. I've got one foot with a bunion and lump on the toe which looks awful and I have to cover up and the good foot is still swollen from the broken ankle. Total nightmare.

If I don't use my card for a few days I struggle to remember the PIN. By contrast Mr SA despite 9 months in hospital and all the brain trauma remembered it straightaway!

Well done on the garden work. It'll be worth it in the end.
    Christmas Savings 2024 £252.38/£600 April NSD:2 April Surveys £
  • beanielou
    Options
    Shoes are just a nightmare. So buy ones that are comfy and nice when you can. Worth so much more than money.

• Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    Hello milann. Just read your diary and will be subscribing. I was drawn to it by your title, which just resounds with me on so many levels. All the best laid plans and all that. However, I love your solution to it all, which is to move in the right direction, sometimes you can't meet the target you have set but every little helps.

Regarding your shoes. I have been a bit like that as well. I have bought things that are really eating into my budget, but I know long term will make it easier. I bought a bike - it will save on petrol and help with my fitness. I bought 2 pairs of boots, both of which I will need for my winter holidays. They are cheaper now, rather than waiting for the season to get to full flow.

I believe you are doing a great job and moving in the right direction. Small blips happen all the time, good and bad. BUt you are managing to ride them out and are well on the journey to debt freedom. Good luck.

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • milann
    Options
    That's cheered me up no end knowing I'm not the only one with problematic feet.
    Tulullah in the early days I tried to set myself all sorts of targets after seeing how some folk on the boards hit massive targets - but the opportunity and to be honest the motivation just weren't there for me - so as long as everything is moving in the right direction - I'm happy with that. I found if I missed a target I'd set myself I'd blow it big time. It's taken me a long time to get to where I am now but I do know I never want to be in the place I was 10 years ago and I have a totally different mindset (Maybe with the exception of buying shoes) ��
    I've not got a lot to report - we had some tool sheds delivered the other day - talk about impressive - 2 sheds up and a cuppa downed in literally half an hour by the chaps who did them - we'd have still been fumbling trying to find the screws in that time. The theory is to transfer dh prized possessions (his !!!! in other words) from big shed on the verge of collapse to these tool sheds against the side of the house thus freeing more garden space......hopefully sell some to said old hobby treasures of his along the way towards the sheds........I'd put money on EVERYTHING ending up back in the new sheds..... On that not I'm off to give shed another coat of fence slobber.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Sun addict dh brain trauma sounds nasty - hopefully on the mend now - not surprising you forget you pin - stress does funny things to us.

Hi Beanie
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Lol Tulullah - I bought a bike about 4 years ago - a fold up 1 to take to Cornwall to cycle along the cycle tracks - people say you never forget to ride a bike but I wobbled for England and my bike has ridden a total of 4 miles in 4 years.......and it's taking up space in the shed so that might just have to go.....
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure