Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,633 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Please take care of you xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,631 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Well I ended up in hospital - went from bad to worse. What a difference a couple of days on IV antibiotics and fluids make. Got a severe kidney infection but luckily scan hasn't shown any damage or stones to my kidneys. But the good news is I'm going home tonight - just waiting for them to sort meds according to my last bloods taken. Will be off work 2 weeks and on antibiotics 2 weeks. Feels like I've been kicked around the middle by the local football teams.
    The staff here have been amazing but totally run off their feet from cleaners to consultants 24 hours - and since I didn't shut my eyes last night saw the full 24 hours.
    One day things will run straightforward - lol just wish I knew which day that it is.......on a plus I can claim for 2 nights in hospital on HSA - not sure how much I'll get but every cloud and that ��
    January spends - £587.58
  • Tahlullah
    Tahlullah Posts: 1,086 Forumite
    Options
    Glad that you are feeling better milann. Yes, good news about the HSA payment. If you are looking for a silver lining in every cloud, you could say you've been away for a couple of days at an all inclusive hotel!

Tx
    Still striving to be mortgage free before I get to a point I can't enjoy it.

Owed at the end of -
    02/19 - £78,400. 04/19 - £85,000. 05/19 - £83,300. 06/19 - £78,900.
    07/19 - £77,500. 08/19 - £76,000.
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Boo to the kidney infection but glad you're sorted and on the mend. Take care xx
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Oh sorry to hear that.
    Please take care xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Put the money towards buying acidophilus. It's worth every penny.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 8lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 42.4% through my pb challenge.
  • milann
    Options
    Yes I took acidipophilus many years ago after I'd been ill and on antibiotics for a long time.....might well do that again.
    An old friend has been around today which has been lovely :rotfl: at one stage we both had a doze in the chair:rotfl: we have been friends for 47 years:eek::eek: and can tell each other anything. We might not see each other often at times but just pick up the thread again. So I've had a good afternoon - I haven't got around to doing my banking yet though which had been the plan for today.
    I pottered for 10 minutes in the garden this morning but was well and truly worn out afterwards....
    Off to tackle the banking :money::money:
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hurrah for fabarooni old friends :)
    Take care :) xx

• Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,513 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Glad you had a lovely day with your friend :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    Options
    Feeling very blessed - a friend called round yesterday and took me to Morrisons - she offered to do shopping for me but it was good to get out with her and put the world to rights as we shopped
    My ds came round this morning and took me out for breakfast then 2 ladies I used to work with came round later for a cuppa.
    Lol then I crashed out this afternoon and feel as if I've done a weeks work.
    Dh is not noted for his quick decision making and to progress outside with the work we re doing we need some side gates to make things secure.Now B&M do some which will cost just over 100 for our house and he has been deliberating if they are good enough and if he can make them fit- this has Been going on for weeks- so yesterday I got someone to come out and measure £1010 for gates :eek::eek::rotfl: granted they are much superior but somehow I think he'll decide B&M are good enough and he WILL make them fit :money::money: :T:T
    January spends - £587.58
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure