Milann's life keeps getting in the way.......

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,696 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    What lovely friends you have Milan~~Just like you :)
    Take care :) xx
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    milann Posts: 10,649 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Aw thank you Beanie.
    I need to shape myself and finish some cardigans I'm making for my granddaughters. I've done the baby one but bigger one isn't as straightforward - I'm using a knitting pattern measurements and adapting into same crochet stitch as little one. One time I'd have done it easy peasy but I've just not been able to concentrate - I'll give it another go tomorrow.
    Want to do a bit of pottering in the garden too if the rain ever stops. I'm pacing myself and will do about 10 minutes then rest but got to keep focused.
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Plasterer is on his last leg - I'm hoping he'll finish today and not run into tomorrow. The hall looks so different already - getting giddy thinking of it with paint on - just white but it's been stripped down to bare, damp plaster over a year now. I've just got to wait on a friend to come and paint it once it's dried out properly - I did his wedding cake for him so trade off of skills:beer::money::D

:rotfl::rotfl:after telling dh how much the made to measure gates were yesterday, he says he'll go to B&M at weekend to get some. They are the same as B&Q but £40 cheaper:money: and 10 times cheaper :eek::eek: literally:eek::eek: than made to measure.

Finally feel as though things are moving on after being at a standstill for what seems forever.

Then it's knock the old shed down before it falls down and reclaim the patch where the shed was into half raised bed - that'll only cost a bag of cement as we have the stone to build the wall and half seating area,
    then a lick of paint around the living areas and new carpet which might have to wait a couple of months..... Simples.....

Cardigan progressing nicely - will finish in next couple of days and get in post to granddaughters.

Feeling chuffed as I paid my cc in full and being off work has curbed my spending so I can make some extra payments to my 0% card at the end of the month . I don't envisage any big spends next month - blimey - I've well and truly tempted fate with that statement!!! Feeling good :T:T
    January spends - £587.58
  • Sun_Addict
    Sun_Addict Posts: 21,556 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Great to read things are progressing nicely :)
    I get knocked down but I get up again (Chumbawamba, Tubthumping)
  • milann
    Options
    Plasterer didn't finish but tomorrow should be the last day.
    Just had a message from someone I worked with many moons ago so she is picking me up and going for a coffee tomorrow. I could get used to this life LOL. I walked around to Morrisons this evening and back - a less Than a 5 minute walk - I only carried a box of teabags and had to sit down for the rest of the evening - felt as though I'd done a marathon!!! At lest I know his should only be a temporary blip and I'll be fighting fit again before much longer. Makes me appreciate my health(despite a few glitches along the way)
    Night night off to bed
    January spends - £587.58
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,696 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Take it easy :)
    All sounding good :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • milann
    Options
    Went out for a little car ride yesterday to look at local carpet shop then to B&Q to check the paper I've had my eye on for months would match carpet I like It's a good job we went as there were only a few rolls left. We needed 4 and they had 3 with matching batch numbers and a few odd ones so we took a chance ... We were visiting sister in law later so went in her local shop and found matching code so swapped the odd code. The best was they were all reduced from £14 a roll to £5 a roll. One happy lady here.... It's not a paper I'd normally go for a bit 70s retro with big burnt orange poppies on. Beige /light brown speckled carpet will go down eventually and either brown or burnt orange curtains - it will remind me of my teenage years at home lol. Really looking forward to seeing the finished product - just got to wait for painter friend - I'm so tempted to start myself but just haven't got the energy at the moment... Must learn to be patient .
    Dh still deliberating about the gates outside -
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    So I've got some decisions to make...... Cheaper gates are not going to fit properly without it looking like a dogs dinner plus dh cursing whilst he is trying his best to make them fit. So we can manage to pay for carpet or fitted gates...... Gates weren't on original agenda and the side of the house has been open for years but there have been people hanging around at night. I know a fence will not deter someone who is intent on getting in but it might make someone go for an easier option...... Carpet is well past its best and really getting me down as it never looks clean - even after I hired a rug doctor which usually brings it up beautifully. I'm playing with the idea of getting carpet on cc and transferring it to 0% along with my older 0% I'd sworn I wouldn't do it but I've had some great offers through and I won't mess about but divide the balance into however many months 0% I get and pay this from the outset.... Pondering...... Does me no good being at home as I think too much lol.....off to do some number crunching or maybe buy a lottery ticket.....
    Feeling much better today - I've declutted some drawers, flicked a duster round and even hoovered.
    Milann
    January spends - £587.58
  • milann
    Options
    Lol I've just been reading my 1st ever diary on here over 9 years ago lol lol
    I was so determined - I owed over 5 grand at the time. I've been so close to being debt free and am now just over 1 1/5 grand because in between I've had a loan and transferred to 0% a couple of times. Don't believe how much I've messed about.
    Right need to plan some no spend days like I used to and start doing a spending diary again. I will sort my carpet dilemma one way or another....
    January spends - £587.58
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    have you signed up for free postcode lottery? someone has to win
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st 10lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 45% through my pb challenge.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback