Insurance2go Mobile Phone Insurance Discussion

Options

Comments

• Didibeth
    Options
    the discount code MSE5 doesn't work on the Insureance2go website.
  • beachbuggyman
    Options
    After going through all the forms on the website, the final link between the payment confirmation and finishing page fails. Not telling you if your application has been accepted or not, just asking you to start again.
    When you phone them up, it goes through all the messages about who they are are, what the do etc, that you can do everything you need to on their website etc, all the options etc. Before finally telling your their offices are closed...
    How can it be this difficult to give someone some money?
    Poor performance at this stage raises concerns about what happens when making a claim!
  • jaydoubleyou
    Options
    Didibeth wrote: »
    the discount code MSE5 doesn't work on the Insureance2go website.
    I'm finding this as well - I contacted them and they asked for loads of information to locate my policy... even though I don't have one. Doesn't bode well really.
  • feralcatwoman
    Options
    Enquired with Insurance2go about whether I would be covered as my receipt (from Argos) doesn't include the IMEI number of my new handset. They were quite vague and suggested they would need this from my network provider instead, who of course also don't have a record! Has anyone else come across this, or been refused a claim due to not having receipt with IMEI number? I fear I may struggle with other insurance companies, or have to take out Argos's inferior insurance cover!
  • Alilock10
    Options
    I purchased a year’s phone insurance on my Samsung Galaxy s8 in May. At the end of January I dropped my phone & smashed the screen. I made a claim & Insurance2go asked for a receipt for my purchase of the phone. I’d bought the phone brand new from eBay & initially didn’t have a receipt, so I sent a copy of the eBay purchase screen which showed my purchase of the phone. I also sent details of my account with O2 which showed the phone I have registered with them and which identified the IMEI number as that of the phone I insured. Insurance2Go did not accept this & I then contacted the person I’d purchased the phone from & he sent me the original receipt for the purchase of my phone, which I sent to Insurance2Go. They once again rejected my claim, saying I needed a VAT receipt for my purchase. I then complained, via Martin’s site, & requested that they either repair my phone or returned my premium, as it was evident that I would never have been able to make a claim, given that I had no VAT receipt. They then phoned me & said they would refund my premium. I assume that this was because this was by far the cheaper option for them. This was better than nothing, but of course meant I had to pay for the repair of my phone, whereas, if they’d made it clear from the start that my documentation meant I’d never be able to claim from them, I could have insured with another company who would have honoured my claim.
  • LynH
    LynH Posts: 28 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I went to this company based on MSE. Phoned the company to check if I could insure my grandson's phone as he was under 18 and was told yes this was fine.
    Unfortunately he lost it 2 months ago and they are refusing to pay out as I am not his legal guardian WTAF???
  • Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    LynH wrote: »
    I went to this company based on MSE. Phoned the company to check if I could insure my grandson's phone as he was under 18 and was told yes this was fine.
    Unfortunately he lost it 2 months ago and they are refusing to pay out as I am not his legal guardian WTAF???

Many gadget insurance policies will only offer "immediate family" coverage; i.e., the name on the policy must be a member of the "immediate family" of the gadget's user. How does your policy define "immediate family"? Can you ask the insurer to listen to the call to prove that they advised cover would be offered for grandparents insuring a grandchild's handset?
  • firestorm1000
    Options
    I bought an IPhone8 in September 2017 and looked on The Money Saving Expert web site to find out a insurer for my phone. Insurance2go was recommended so took the advice and set up my policy on 20/10/17. On 27/03/18, I unfortunately dropped my phone out of my pocket while getting in my car. The screen was scratched, the rear casing was cracked and the crack went across the rear camera. I phoned insurance2go, who where very polite, efficient and helpful, they sent me all the documents I needed via email to send the phone off once I had paid the excess to them. All went well and the repair was done. Now, when I got the phone back, it looked fine and repaired, however, when i turned on the phone, the screen was dull and lifeless, the colors where grainy and overall not as sharp as it should be. I phoned Phone2go and explained my findings, they told me to send it back to them for them to have a look at and would refund my postage of £8 something. I sent the phone back to them again, and when it was returned to me it was exactly the same, so on the phone again, send it back again they said, for further inspection we will refund the postage with the postage receipt, so sent it back again with the postage receipt. A few days later i received an email saying there was nothing wrong with the phone apart from the settings wanted adjusting, and because there was no fault (in their opinion) I would not get a refund of postage. The phone was returned and was still not right. I happened to be on "Trustpilot" a review site, who says that Phones2go do not use genuine parts for their repairs. I emailed Phones2go who admitted they use "compatible" parts but not genuine Apple. When i took the policy out, there is no where on their site to say THEY DO NOT use genuine parts for the repairs, if i had known this I would not have took out a policy with them. I have now took my phone to an Apple shop for them to look at. The man in the shop slid hand around the screen and edges of the phone and said this has been repaired with non genuine parts. It has been sent to the Apple workshop for them to look at at an estimated cost before seeing the repair from inside the phone of approx £120.00, and depending on how bad the repair has been they might not touch it at all. I'm gutted. Be aware insurance with Phones2go could cost you a new phone. Sorry to go on a bit, but needed to explain fully.:(:(
  • Blibble
    Blibble Posts: 503 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    IWhen i took the policy out, there is no where on their site to say THEY DO NOT use genuine parts for the repairs

However, it does say it in their policy docs, which you tick a box to confirm you have read.

Refurbed / non-manufacturer parts are pretty standard for the mobile phone insurance market, and any repairs usually invalid manufacturer warranties. One of the reasons it's often best to self-insure and put £10 aside each month for if things go wrong.
  • firestorm1000
    Options
    Am I missing something here???, I have read the policy wording over and over and can not find any reference to them using compatible parts for repairs. All it states is repair, no mention of compatible parts.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback