First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good luck with the debt plans :)
    "If you can dream it, you can do it". Walt Disney
  • savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hugs on the one year anniversary - and in a weird way - congratulations too. Hope you have a good weekend and when you do make it back to work Monday, escape the blues.
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
  • parsniphead
    parsniphead Posts: 2,897 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    jwil wrote: »
    Good luck with the debt plans :)

Thanks jwil. It's one fight I'm not sure I will ever win but I'm going to try.
    Hugs on the one year anniversary - and in a weird way - congratulations too. Hope you have a good weekend and when you do make it back to work Monday, escape the blues.

Thank you. I am looking at it possitively as the progrosis with the ascitic fluid I had was between 20 - 54 weeks and it's been 58 weeks since the noticeable build up started so....

Fπ¢k you cancer.:rotfl::naughty:

I've been watching some hoarder videos this afternoon which always kick starts a cleaning and sorting frenzy. I've had to stop though to bath DS. A bit of splashing and the indie disco on the radio.

I'm a firestarter, twisted firestarter.:D:rotfl:

Anyway enough singing and dancing.

Have a fantastic Saturday x
    1 debt v's 100 days chapter 34: T3sco bank CC £250/£525.24 47.59%

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
    TSB CARD, TSB LOAN, LLOYDS. FIVE DOWN, THREE TO GO.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    Have you heard of Fi Munro?
    She is a stage 4 warrior :D
    fkmunro.com
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Enjoy your weekend :)
    Have you heard of Fi Munro?
    She is a stage 4 warrior :D
    fkmunro.com

No I haven't. Thank you. I will take a look tomorrow.

[STRIKE]MBNA - [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]CAP ONE[/STRIKE] GONE, [STRIKE]YORKS BANK [/STRIKE]GONE, [STRIKE]VANQUIS[/STRIKE] GONE [STRIKE] TESCO - [/STRIKE], GONE
  • parsniphead
    Options
    It's been a busy old day today. I've done nothing in the house so far. This morning I've taken DS to sort play but he had a minor meltdown and was made to come home. Later I went to Sainsbury's and got some bits. I don't do my main shop there but they have lots of vegan and sugar free stuff.

I've been watching someone on YouTube who has been doing up a Victorian terrace house from scratch on a budget. Although I have to say her idea of budget and mine are very different but she has definitely sparked me into getting back into diy and doing up my house. That said nothing can be done until all the clutter is gone. I do know I have some ceramic bits in the cellar which may help with dressing the house.

I've managed to get a load of washing done and dried today. I have a few more bits to do later.

Anyway time to get on and do some stuff done. I may be back later.

• parsniphead
    Options
    Morning all, well just about.

I've got the Sunday blues because it's back to work tomorrow. I love being at home, I'm a real home bird.

I've decluttered a chunk of money this morning at hobby craft. DS wanted some art stuff so I thought I would indulge him. He is getting more and .ore artistic as the weeks progress and he is into pasts at the moment.

I don't have many plans. Just some washing and general pottering. I do need to hunker down on the decluttering though if I want it done by Christmas (hang goes another elf).

I've decided I need to give myself a once over. I caught my reflection in a shop window earlier and felt proper poo. Now I've got on top of the hot flushes with the menopace tablets I'm going to make sure I make the effort with some make up. I'm also going to have the colour trimmed from my hair which I stupidly put in when my hair started to come back. Time to be grey and gorgeous.

Anyway off to prep lunch. Have a great day xxx

• in_need_of_direction
    Options
    I love when grey hair is dyed even greyer if you know what I mean. Btw, every time I see your thread title, I think ‘yes, I know you will’. The illness, debt, everything
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • parsniphead
    Options
    I love when grey hair is dyed even greyer if you know what I mean. Btw, every time I see your thread title, I think ‘yes, I know you will’. The illness, debt, everything

Oh thank you INOD. That's such a nice thing to say. If only I had your faith.

I agree with the grey hair. I do think you need not to slip into slovernlyness though which I do often.:eek: Must find my old funky, arty self. Oh a stop waiting until..,...............

• savingholmes
    savingholmes Posts: 27,384 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Love the dancing and singing bit - don't under-estimate the positive impact that can have on your health.

Hope DS enjoys crafting - it is one of my most positive childhood memories...
    Achieve FIRE/Mortgage Neutrality by mid 2030
    1) MFW Nov 21 £201,999 with 237 payments to go - now £184,341 Equity 26.26%
    2) Spend on handyman & external building works & new patio door £12.3K
    3) CC £4.9K on 0% spends card but offset by £34.1K savings (part EF, part future home improvement)
    4) Mortgage neutral by June 2030 AVC £9.6K/£127.5K AVC target 7.5% value at 15/4
    5) FI Age 60 annual income target £13.7/30K 45.7%
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure