Has Biasco gone bust again?

Options

Comments

• sistermary
    Options
    Goodness me - what a fool I feel. If only I had known about this forum. £4,000 pounds of equipment ordered and they took the money immediately. BUT no delivery, and no sight of one either. Plus no kitchen, and builders coming next week. Thank the Lord for John Lewis, or else I would have been kitchen-less at Christmas
    The credit card company will sort out Biasco (fiasco) for me and get my money back, but if anyone is contemplating it - DON'T TOUCH BIASCO with a bargepole.
  • djcjbkb
    Options
    Wow, cant believe this company is still trading! exaxctly the same problems, orderd in september and still no product and no refund, how i wonder can they get away with robbing people of their hard earned cash, have phoned consumer direct and they have referd complaint on as they shouldnt be selling products that are not (or probably never) been in stock. vary wary of any internet purchases now, plus no chance of refund or seeing money as paid on debit card!!!

anyone know any more about if they are in administation and numbers to call? (where you do actually talk to a human)
  • djcjbkb
    Options
    update, anyone searching to find if they have gone into adminstration, they have the number to call is 0207 4952348, tony hyams, very help full but if you paid be debit card then not much chance of a refund! credit card- get claiming!
  • smithy1311
    Options
    I also tried Tony Hyams' number. His colleague was clear that Biasco would be tipping into administration in January and that they were hoping to be appointed administrators.
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    Biasco has ceased trading according to webgains.

[FONT=arial,helvetica,sans-serif][/FONT]
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • malkaul
    Options
    Yes I am pretty sure they are out of business now. I placed an order for abot £2500 at the end of November and they seemed confident that they would be able to supply within the couple of weeks I needed the appliances by, but they didn't and I ended up spending the same amount elsewhere so I am out of pocket at the moment. I did pay by credit card and I am chasing them up at the moment so hopefully I am going to get my money back though this is the first time something like this has happened to me so I am not sure of the process or how long it takes.

I might try and ring Tony Hyams too and see if he can give me some insight into what I should be doing here
  • harveyandjoseph
    Options
    Oh how I wish I'd known abour this lot before ordering a washer dryer from BIASCO. I paid for mine on dec 18th and surprise surprise its never arrived. Paid by debit card. Gutted. This company is as dishonest as you can get!:mad:
  • competitionscafe
    Options
    I paid for mine on dec 18th and surprise surprise its never arrived. Paid by debit card. Gutted.

Sorry to hear that harveyandjoseph. Is it a Visa debit card? Apparently you can make a request for chargeback (refund) on those depending on circumstances.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/programmes/working_lunch/7347146.stm

Also see this article on what rights you have if you buy items
    from a company that goes into administration:
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/money/2009/jan/09/consumer-rights-company-administration
    "The happiest of people don't necessarily have the
    best of everything; they just make the best
    of everything that comes along their way."
    -- Author Unknown --
  • BrummyBloke_2
    Options
    I have been in contact with the appointed administrators today who tell me Biasco are being placed into liquidation tomorrow (20 Jan 2009). The administrators are:

Marriotts LLP,
    Allan House
    10 John Princes Street
    London W1G 0AH
    Tel: 020 74952348 (Mr Anthony Hyams)
    Fax: 020 74952318

If anyone needs confirmation of this liquidation e.g to reclaim from their credit card company etc., a general notice regarding the liquidation should be available from the above company from tomorrow onwards and or you can email them for this information, to: [EMAIL="pjukes@marriottsllp.co.uk"]pjukes@marriottsllp.co.uk[/EMAIL]

Hope this helps anyone else out in the same situation of being owed money, that can eventally be reclaimed - if purchases made by credit card.

Regards BB
  • gazzythomas
    Options
    Hi all,

It seems that we've duped by this company and its directors. After I did the original post we kept on having our order put back by Biasco who blamed their suppliers for non-delivery. We'd ordered Smeg sinks. In early December a quick call to Smeg confirmed that there wasn't a stock issue.

Finally got hold of Biasco mid December who agreed to a refund. Never got it and they don't reply to my emails.

I've now submitted a claim to my credit card.

What a shambles.

Gary
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family