Wanting to change my child's surname

Options

Comments

• Toni.benne
    Options
    Change it to mine surname wouldn't change it again
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    In regards to the guys address I can only provide what I know, I know he was born in Leeds on the birth certificate his address is an address in wf17 batley, as it was a very casual thing we had no mutual friends and I don't know his family, he was dodgy as hell I'm assuming he will have had some dealings with the police since so they might have his address. I genuinely do not know we're he is but I'm sick of every time it comes to a holiday abroad he has control over me!!! I have looked after this child for 11 years I'm not a bad person just bloody stupid I was young and scared of him. The police moved me as he had fire arm offences listed on his record so they was concerned tbh I don't really want to drag everything up but I will as her mum I know I've done right by her cause didn't care and if he did where is he ?? Why does he have rights it make my blood boil!! System is wrong!
  • Ms_Chocaholic
    Ms_Chocaholic Posts: 12,596 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Do you have any paperwork in relation to the move due to his firearm offences? If so, that might go in your favour in terms of the Court deciding that he should not be contacted.
    Thrifty Till 50 Then Spend Till the End
    You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time but you can never please all of the people all of the time
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    I know what your saying about the father thing but I've choose not to tell her we have a strong family unit and we are happy I may tell her in time but it never feels right. The point is I was her name changing to my surname so I don't have problems when taking her abroad cause I see it why should I ask Him?? Why do i have to find him?? He's never made no attempt to find us so I can't understand why he doing lose his rights?
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    I haven't I have paper work from court about what he did to me and the out come of that. I suppose I can mention it and that's why I would prefer them not to contact him
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    So if I fill in the c100 will they look at his criminal record if I state reason for not wanting him to know ?????
  • sheramber
    sheramber Posts: 19,131 Forumite
    First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Changing her name does not remove his parental rights. As her father named on the birth certificate he has these rights.

The link I gave you explains you need to make a different application to have his parental rights removed.
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    I have an appointment in the morning to help me fill in the form there will be a legal team available so I will tell them all my concerns. The main thing for me is he doesn't find out my address cause even tho this happened in 2009 does it still stand?? And I want it to happen as quick as possible and as cheap as possible then I can forget about it
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    So would I be better having his parental rights removed? I just don't know what to do the main thing at the moment is to get the name changed for her passport we go in Aug and he is NOT ruining our holiday. Tbh as long as I get the name changed at the moment is all that matters so I have this passport I can go down the removing his rights any time. Atm to me she has two identities and I hate that.
  • Toni.benne
    Options
    Hi I've just been reading link you sent and from what it says I shouldn't have a problem as he's never been there for her and has made no contact , also she's 11 so that take that into account too . It's so hard cause I think there is a lot of grey area to me it is straight forward and I can't see how the court would ever take his reasons for not doing it in to account cause she doesn't even know him! Yeah that's me that Hasn't told her bit tbh it never need explaining as he never made contact x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure