IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Setting aside CCJ

Options

Comments

• Quinton715
    Quinton715 Posts: 36 Forumite
    edited 3 June 2019 at 3:59PM
    Options
    sourcrates wrote: »
    I will move the post for you OP.

Thank you very much
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,652 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 3 June 2019 at 4:37PM
    Options
    Anon wrote: »
    Thank you, do you mind just changing my username?
    This short extract from The MSE Forum Guide - Frequently Asked Questions & Rules will help you with that:
    Q. How can I change my username?

A.
    In most circumstances, this is not permitted.

The only reason we will change your username is if it puts your privacy at risk. This usually means you've inadvertently registered using your name, email address or something that gives away your identity within your username.

If you fall into this category, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com and request that it is changed, giving three alternative usernames in order of preference.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Options
    in this case I di not think a name change is needed

the OP admits he parked in his works car park , and admits not getting paperwork due to house move

now as this was an ANPR type ticket , the OP had moved by day 7 , however updating v5 and licence take much longer than this

question for OP , did you have mail fowarding , or did you collect any mail within 14 days of moving
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    @OP

Once you have got your new forum name then you need to try and PM those posters who have quoted your posts to please edit them to remove your incorrect forum name/quoted your old posts etc

(and re-edit your posts which do show your name in relation to the editing you have done)
  • Quinton715
    Options
    in this case I di not think a name change is needed

the OP admits he parked in his works car park , and admits not getting paperwork due to house move

now as this was an ANPR type ticket , the OP had moved by day 7 , however updating v5 and licence take much longer than this

question for OP , did you have mail fowarding , or did you collect any mail within 14 days of moving

Well every account/creditor was updated at the beginning of March, but the party involved didn't move till 17 days later on 17th March, started the new job on 5th March and the issue was given on the 12th March, so from what it seems every account was given plenty of notice in good time.

There was no redirection of mail, but yes they collected mail well into April as the Landlord manually handed mail over, so the party involved would of been well notified by then?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ok , as this was an ANPR type ticket , to claim liability they needed to have it on your doorstep by day 14

2 things

1 get conformation from the employer that the person had permission to park , get this in writing if possible

2 contact the DVLA (someone will link you) and ask when and who asked for your info between xx xx xxxx and last week
  • Quinton715
    Options
    ok , as this was an ANPR type ticket , to claim liability they needed to have it on your doorstep by day 14

2 things

1 get conformation from the employer that the person had permission to park , get this in writing if possible

2 contact the DVLA (someone will link you) and ask when and who asked for your info between xx xx xxxx and last week

Ok thank you, it seems that claiming the liability within that time frame was not given because the mail has handed over by the new tenant in April to the party involved, over a month later after move.

Permission can not be requested by the employer because the party doesn't work there anymore, but it was not known by the company that they had restrictions to the car park, other wise no one would of parked there and it would of been stated at the time of job offer.

Contact will be made to the DVLA, will come back to you in regards to this shortly.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    ok , its an email to the dvla , they will write back with a week or 2

was there / is there signage at the location , if it was not there or bad , get pics asap
    as a matter of interest , who is the parking co ?

dont expect the set aside to happen overnight , it could/will cost you £255 , for this and you will probably not get it back

if you win the setaside , they can try again in court , so you need ammo if you are going to fight
  • Quinton715
    Options
    ok , its an email to the dvla , they will write back with a week or 2

was there / is there signage at the location , if it was not there or bad , get pics asap
    as a matter of interest , who is the parking co ?

dont expect the set aside to happen overnight , it could/will cost you £255 , for this and you will probably not get it back

From what has been stated, there is no signage of any description, so it wouldn't of raised eyebrows as to whether they could park there. Not only that but the building was totally vacant, mix that with the directors of the company the party worked for owning the buildings it didn't seem like there was any issue. The name of the parking co needs to be checked.

The party understands the cost of this and will pursue in due course. Can you just confirm what an ammo is?
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    what an ammo is?
    Ammunition - to adequately defend your case should you get the set aside but then being open to a further claim being made for the parking event by the PPC.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport