IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Setting aside CCJ

Options

Comments

• twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    date og getting info from DVLA

signage present at time

how do you KNOW it relates to this carpark

what is the amout that the ccj is for ?

have you contacted court to ask who , when and to where the papers were posted and name of parking co
  • Quinton715
    Quinton715 Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    date og getting info from DVLA

signage present at time

how do you KNOW it relates to this carpark

what is the amout that the ccj is for ?

have you contacted court to ask who , when and to where the papers were posted and name of parking co

I know it relates to this car park because I have spoken to the county court who issued the CCJ and they gave me all this info. I've DM'd you.
  • twhitehousescat
    twhitehousescat Posts: 5,368 Forumite
    Options
    once a person realises that he has a ccj against him , especially after talking to the courts , he should read the newbies thread and start a setaside going ASAP

contacting the DVLA can be done along side the above
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Set asides are all the same and pretty much all are won here, as long as the poster satisfies the Judge with evidence of address,etc., that the claim was not received and they had no opportunity to defend (and that they have good prospects of success which everyone does v PPCs unless their case is a like ParkingEye v Beavis in all facts).

Which PPC is it? (forum acronyms are in post #5 of the NEWBIES thread if needed).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Your set aside has a strict limit on when you can reasonably get this done

within 21 days, otherwise you will have to explain to the court why YOU delayed.
  • Quinton715
    Options
    Hi all,

Just going further on from this thread, would anyone be kind enough to help just with a few things, preferably via private message?

Thanks

Q
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,730 Forumite
    edited 13 June 2019 at 10:06PM
    Options
    Quinton715, please take care.

Now that you have asked people to help you via Private Message, please understand that everyone who might respond may not have the same goal as you.

It is known that the private parking companies keep a close eye on this forum and....

Remember that if you are given a bum steer in the open forum you can be sure that correct guidance will be given very quickly.
    You won't have that protection in PMs.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,074 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    It is known that the private parking companies keep a close eye on this forum
    Even worse, aggressive multi-ego posters from parking appeals firms with the worst Trustpilot reviews and replies known to man, actively register here every so often in yet another new name.

When I say 'even worse', compared to some PPCs, I mean it.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Quinton715
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    Quinton715, please take care.

Now that you have asked people to help you via Private Message, please understand that everyone who might respond may not have the same goal as you.

It is known that the private parking companies keep a close eye on this forum and....

Remember that if you are given a bum steer in the open forum you can be sure that correct guidance will be given very quickly.
    You won't have that protection in PMs.

I'm sorry but I can't comprehend this, isn't against forum rules but not also against the law to use this as a tool to spy on people, or use their information against them? By which all my information is honest and true so I don't what possible usage they could have anyway.
  • Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    We are advising you against the danger of getting private messages from untrustworthy sources!

If you get any response to your request for PM's then don't reply to any unless they are from established members with lots of posts in this forum

We know that the ppcs do monitor here and have used forum posts in court
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport