Official Vodafone Complaints/Query Thread

Options

Comments

• Guys_Dad
    Guys_Dad Posts: 11,025 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    pmduk wrote: »
    As others have said, you didn't have a fixed period contract, to stop you waking up one morning and complaining you had no service. And lost your mobile number as service cancelled

I suggest you check your broadband contract now as it works in exactly the same way.

Think about the bit in red.
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Guys_Dad wrote: »
    Think about the bit in red.

Why are you editing and adding words to another person’s post?

It’s not considered good etiquette to do that...
    ====
  • stuuyb
    stuuyb Posts: 30 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi guys and girls,

Just seen this dedicated Vodaphone thread, so re posting in here.

Was just after a bit of advice and as to whether I’m wasting my time. (Sorry for long post, please bear with me)

Basically, IPhone X suddenly stated Face ID wasn’t working, so I thought best get it checked out. So I take it into Apple for them to examine and test.

Apple report:-
    Issue :the devices Face ID was disabled.
    Our testing shows that Face ID sensor have failed, in addition the ambient light sensor has failed.
    After attempting a restore a unknown error was presented.
    This strongly indicates that the fault will rest on the logic board.

Cosmetic condition : no damage can be seen to the device
    The LCI has NOT been triggered

Nothing presented at the Genius Bar suggeststhis issue is the fault of the customer

Proposed resolution : The only way to remedy this issue in accordance with apple guidelines would be a whole unit replacement

Vodaphone offer an additional 12 months warranty to their customers.
    I have advised our customer to seek a replacement phone with Vodaphone.
    Nothing seen would void the warranty with apple if the device was less than 12months old. (It’s approx 14/15 months old).

So I go into Vodaphone and explain (they didn’t seem interested in what apple had to say), and said they need to send it off (tried to explain I’ve had it looked at), but it’s their process. So it gets sent off. Few days later I get a call, basically they say repair team found liquid damage, not covered by warranty....?!
    I was bemused to say the least, and asked they have come to this conclusion bearing in mind the phone was in great condition and I’d been told there was no liquid damage present (as per apples report)

I offered a copy of this report, and was shocked to find the call handler wasn’t interested in it. He then went off to speak to his team leader and came back quoting what he had been told. Their repairers had found liquid within device therefore no warranty. I asked to speak to the team leader. It was told they don’t speak to customers, only them.

I then contacted complaints to explain who advised put things in writing (but basically admitted even after it goes back to store and they escalate, you can almost guarantee it will lead to nothing, so best to just push through to relations). I’ve emailed along with the report.

Having read online it seems Vodaphone really have a lot I mean a lot of history or ‘claiming water damage’ to phones to get out of warranty obligations.

Apple have told me and documented the LCI hasn’t triggered. Had this been a couple of months previously they would have straight replaced (but as over best to use Vodaphone). Apple don’t replace under liquid issues, but would have in this case as there was no liquid issues found by them, they have also stated ‘nothing’ presented at Genius Bar suggest issue is the fault of the customer., but the fault will rest with the logic board (strong indicators).

Any other suggestions what I can do? I’m waiting to hear back, and no doubt will get a standard response, and see this as a drawn out process. I’ve been with them yrs, it after this will walk away from them later this year.

To say I’m angry is an understatement. I’m tempted to go back to apple to discuss and see what they have to say about it and whether there is anything they can do
  • stuuyb
    stuuyb Posts: 30 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Completed form, Have stated MSE forum, reference 20479964

Let’s see from here (based on many people’s feedback doesn’t sound promising issues with Vodaphone, but will see.
  • straas
    straas Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Hi,

I appear to be at the end of my vodafone sim only contract and my charge has gone from £12.70 - £18.70 for 5GB data.

I'm being told by the upgrades team that my best offer is £17 for 10GB of data - seems like quite a poor deal but they're not budging. I previously had 30% discount applied but they're claiming they can no longer do this.

Anyone managed to get a better deal?
  • d123
    d123 Posts: 8,624 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    straas wrote: »
    Hi,

I appear to be at the end of my vodafone sim only contract and my charge has gone from £12.70 - £18.70 for 5GB data.

I'm being told by the upgrades team that my best offer is £17 for 10GB of data - seems like quite a poor deal but they're not budging. I previously had 30% discount applied but they're claiming they can no longer do this.

Anyone managed to get a better deal?

This is a complaints thread, there are more appropriate threads for what you are asking.

For example: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5551685&page=8
    ====
  • jameslee.lee
    Options
    The code doesn't work.
  • Nathang89
    Options
    Sent form, can someone from Vodafone confirm that #20534688 has been received please. Thanks
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Not sure why you've written it all on here. The only people who can do anything about a complaint are Vodafone, then the Ombudsman in due course. Though your time would be better spent trying to contact the WRT as instructed endlessly on here. Not sure even that works as it used to from recent experience and signs though.
  • Dysanovic
    Dysanovic Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 21 March 2019 at 1:01AM
    Options
    Completed form, Have stated "MSE forum", reference #20607923

In summary, I closed my Vodafone account over 18 months ago. I obtained a PAC code and transferred to a new provider and assumed that my Vodafone account would be closed. However today I ran an Equifax report and found that my account is still active.

Can someone from Vodafone (hopefully Lee?) please tell me why my account is still active, and how I can get it closed down?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure