Dancing in the Rain

Options

Comments

• Fortune_Smiles
    Options
    Sounds like a wonderful day DIA.

Fortune x
    Mortgage: 86% paid Mortgage Neutral: 100% Emergency Fund: 100%
    A Better View 🌄 'Being on the edge isn't as safe, but the view is better' - Ricky Gervais
  • in_need_of_direction
    Options
    Love big silver rings.
    Mortgage at 01.01.14 £119,481.83:eek: today £0 Emergency fund £5.5/5.5k & £200/200 cash.:jWeight 24/02/19 14st 7lb now 11st11lb determined to stop defining myself by my mistakes. Progress not perfection.:T100%through my 1% mortgage challenge. 40.25% through my pb challenge.
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A NSD

The handyman was here today whilst I worked from home. He came a bit late. That was my only anxious time and when he used my terrible bathroom! :o But he was hard at work all day, so I am okay with that. This worked well. He is burning off all the old paint (nearly done) sanding and painting the canopy over my front door. It is looking good so far.

I got some lovely fingerless gloves a few weeks ago that were brand new and very good quality. They cost £5. A great buy as I can wear them when working during the day. I turn on the heating when it gets dark.

Tomorrow I will be going to a hardware store and to IK3A to buy brackets so I can mount my very heavy shelved mirror. It will look great when up on the wall and off the ground. The room will look cosier and less cluttered. :)

I am feeling good today as I have made progress with the house at last :T

I hope your day went well too reader
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Solicitor/survey savings 300/1700
    Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Tinkerbelle2000
    Options
    You have been so busy again. The spends weren't too bad, you deserve a treat now and again.

Well done on having the handy man booked so many times, it will look like a little palace in no time at all.

Tink xx
    As of 31st December 2018 Total Debt = £15837.59
    DEBT 1 - £41.10 DEBT 2 - £257.41 DEBT 3 - £584.12 DEBT 4 - £700.00
    DEBT 5 - £655.02 DEBT 6 - £669.18 DEBT 7 - £3448.00 DEBT 8 - £2169.12
    DEBT 9 - £2964.25 DEBT 10 - £4349.39
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Thanks Tink, I’d be happy with a home where I wasn’t constantly cringing with embarrassment. Palace status may take quite some time :)

Don’t go to IK3A on a Sunday. Don’t. Won’t be doing it again, but I did look at kitchens and buy a cotton bedspread for £5 reduced from £20. It’s very simple white with a pink stripe. In the bargain section I bought a 100% linen curtain….just one side, for £5. It will make a lovely tablecloth. I also have a ceramic frying pan AGAIN. I buy so many frying pans and they don’t last!! :mad:

I moved furniture in my living room and found a way that looks better. I went through my CDs again and found another 2 that can go. :)

Took some money out to pay the handyman who is coming back tomorrow. :)

I am addressing lighting next. My online shopping delivery came and it was embarrassing not to have hallway lights :o

I showed the handyman the bedroom that needs decorating. I’m hoping to get this done before Christmas. I wanted to spend the ‘house’ money on a new oven but it seems sensible to use the handyman whenever he is available and use the money that way instead

It’s all good here

I hope all is well with you too
    DIA x
    If you have built castles in the air, your work should not be lost; that is where they should be. Now put the foundations under them.

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • Orange_Ena
    Orange_Ena Posts: 1,297 Forumite
    Options
    Haha hope you enjoyed face pack Friday DIA :) Great find with the bargain mask too :T

Ikea on a Sunday? You're braver than me that's for sure. I tend to go after work in the week and it's not too busy then. And the queue for the hotdogs is normally an acceptable length :p

Fantastic news about the handyman doing a few bits and bobs for you. Keep chipping away at all these little jobs. Tink's right, it will be a palace before you know it :)

I bought a pan set from qvc years ago, it was cooks essentials and the everyday pan that came with it is brilliant. Nothing sticks and it can go on the hob and in the oven.

Have a great week :)
    Debt Apr 15 - £6895.44 :( Apr 17 - £2500 :) Dec 17 - £560 :) July 18 - £199 :D
    CHEFS challenge (Cruise Holiday Entirely Funded by Surveys) - £685.79
    Every penny is a prisoner :D
  • MuffinTops
    MuffinTops Posts: 2,477 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yay to getting the handyman in DIA. I know what that would have taken out of you to initially get him booked. If you're like me then you'll find that after the first bit of work is done you don't feel so cringey as any future workers can see you're trying to make progress and that you're getting on with it.

I'm so pleased that we both pushed ourselves through the fear of workmen.

Sometimes the universe sends us speedy days and you have to just go with it. I love the sound of your rings.

MTxx
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    Orange_Ena wrote: »
    Haha hope you enjoyed face pack Friday DIA :) Great find with the bargain mask too :T

Ikea on a Sunday? You're braver than me that's for sure. I tend to go after work in the week and it's not too busy then. And the queue for the hotdogs is normally an acceptable length :p

Fantastic news about the handyman doing a few bits and bobs for you. Keep chipping away at all these little jobs. Tink's right, it will be a palace before you know it :)

I bought a pan set from qvc years ago, it was cooks essentials and the everyday pan that came with it is brilliant. Nothing sticks and it can go on the hob and in the oven.

Have a great week :)

I'll look out for the cook's essential range. Thanks Orange Ena :)
    I'm enjoying doing things that improve the house after so very long of doing nothing. I hope your week goes well :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    MuffinTops wrote: »
    Yay to getting the handyman in DIA. I know what that would have taken out of you to initially get him booked. If you're like me then you'll find that after the first bit of work is done you don't feel so cringey as any future workers can see you're trying to make progress and that you're getting on with it.

I'm so pleased that we both pushed ourselves through the fear of workmen.

Sometimes the universe sends us speedy days and you have to just go with it. I love the sound of your rings.

MTxx
    Thanks MT, you are right we have done well with our fear of workmen :T
    This handyman seems to be able to get in other tradesmen to do jobs he is unable to. He got a good plumber and electrician for my friend. hopefully I'll be okay with them too, but you are right I feel less ashamed of letting people in because I am doing something about it :)
    The big oblong stone in the ring I now know is turquoise and it's a lovely ring. I think the two rings were made by the same person as they share some design features. Really pleased with both :)

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
  • doingitanyway
    Options
    A spendy day.

I went shopping for the weather-proof exterior paint . It is VERY EXPENSIVE.

Then there is paying for the handyman to do the rest of the work on the canopy over the front door. He might be back on Friday to do some filling and add another coat. This will take a few hours and he will start the bedroom on the same day. The household account is running out so any more work will have to wait until payday.

Whilst the handyman was working I did some gardening and pruning. What with cycling to get the paint I am tired. The handyman finished at 3.30pm and by then I wanted my space back and I needed something to eat, so I was pleased to say goodbye.

Another good day for me
    I hope your week began well too :)
    DIA x

Emergency fund 0/1000
    Buffer fund 0/200
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills