Options

Comments

• grocerjack
    grocerjack Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 19 November 2018 at 7:45PM
    Options
    t8769 wrote: »
    Has anyone used wifi calling abroad, to call the UK free?

Thanks

I can't see if you've had any answers to this but...native wi-fi calling, whereby the phone will automatically use wi-fi to carry a call (no app needed) won't work outside of the UK as it needs a UK IP address from a UK based DNS server. Wi-fi calling is a UK specific service. To use a wi-fi calling service abroad you would need to use Skype or Viber to route the voice call over the wi-fi and internet.
    Kind Regards, Jack
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    The poster, perhaps realising this wasn't the ideal board for his question, posted his question elsewhere. But thanks for helping.
  • rgtr
    rgtr Posts: 20 Forumite
    edited 23 November 2018 at 11:54AM
    Options
    This is what !!!!es me off with many big business's. Vodaphone this time. All I wanted to do was to renew my existing contract at the same price.20181123_!!!!ed-off.jpg

NO NO NO NO. Why not make life ******* impossible ? Costs everyone money - THEM a whole lot more than me, AND it leaves me a MASSIVELY dissatisfied customer.

Why not make your web site easy guys ??? Solution put an effing half arsed over paid accountant with greed and nae common sense in his eyes in charge of the rip off deals. Success. Cost me £0.30p Will I complain ... here it starts.

See here: http://www.tdocplus.co.uk/4_AS/20181123_!!!!ed-off.jpg
  • pmduk
    Options
    I can't see your images. Perhaps Vodafone aren't prepared to continue the contracts at the current price? Nobody can say much more without any detail, least of all Vf themselves.
  • civil12345
    Options
    I’ve been with Vodafone a long time. My current contract is up and I signed up to a new one for £47 a month with few problems. I’m still in the cancellation period, and found the same phone with Carphone Warehouse for £37 with more data through Vodafone. However, I’ve just failed the credit check. CW confirmed it was a check conducted by Vodafone. How can Vodafone think I’m ok to pay £47 a month but not £37? Preposterous. Is there anything I can do here? I feel like Vodafone are restricting access to their best deals unfairly and removing competition. I have no idea onidea which department to start complaining to. Does the rep still visit these boards?
  • mobilejunkie
    Options
    civil12345 wrote: »
    I’ve been with Vodafone a long time. My current contract is up and I signed up to a new one for £47 a month with few problems. I’m still in the cancellation period, and found the same phone with Carphone Warehouse for £37 with more data through Vodafone. However, I’ve just failed the credit check. CW confirmed it was a check conducted by Vodafone. How can Vodafone think I’m ok to pay £47 a month but not £37? Preposterous. Is there anything I can do here? I feel like Vodafone are restricting access to their best deals unfairly and removing competition. I have no idea onidea which department to start complaining to. Does the rep still visit these boards?

Won't do you any good. Vodafone have a 90 day wait policy from commencing one contract to applying for another.
  • wanderlusthols
    Options
    I have a complaint and have been kindly directed to post in this dedicated thread.

Some background;
    About a month ago I was the victim of credit card fraud and I had registered for a CIFAS protective registration in a bid to prevent a similar occurrence as advised by Experian. Nationwide also added a CIFAS alert showing me to be the victim of credit card fraud (it was with that particular bank) following their own investogations. Thus I have 2 victim of credit card fraud alerts on my account pertaining to the same incident.

As I understand with a CIFAS alert the company doing the credit check will be required to ask me for additional securtiy information and this is in fact a step to protect me and not prevent me from accessing credit, mortages, phone contracts etc. This has been confirmed to me by CIFAS.

I attempted to purchase a pay monthly contract with Vodafone online. I was dutifully told via automatic email this was subject to a successful credit card check. My application was declined the next day. I queried this over the phone and explained my situation with a really helpful CS advisor. He took down my details and assured me that whilst the online order had been declined he was able to to process the order over the phone as I could verify the additional required identity checks. The direct debit was set up and I was told my new phone would be with me the next day. I work from home in eager anticipation of the new gadget!

1 week later no phone has arrived and the DD has been cancelled. I call the complaints team to learn that my application has been declined because of 'multiple discrepancies' on my file yet I have not been advised of this, nor have I been asked to provide any further identity checks.

I phoned the Fraud department hoping to have more luck but I was told that actually they dont have to ask for additional information and they are within their rights to simply decline my application. Hugely disspapointing, the complaints team and the fraud team have proved very unhelpful and advise I simply try again.

Having already tried the online and phone approach I am very concerned that the protective measures I have taken are being used against me. I have now removed the CIFAS alert I set up and I hope this will go some way to helping me resolve this as there should now only be 1 alert.

Hoping to get in touch with Lee, I have a reference number having used the vodafone contact form (although I did forget to quote MSE Forum) #20050674.

very waffly email from very exasperated almost but not quite vodafone customer.
  • Tk.tptr
    Options
    I just have query about a possible data breach.
    Vodafone sent my girlfriend a letter which had her address on but someone else’s full name, sort code, the last 4 of his account number and the name on his account. She had a call to say to ignore the letter but she had another letter which explained that her same details have been sent to another person and they have reported the matter to the data Protection regulator. So my question is could the data that was provided to the other person be used fraudulently because she is very worried and has even mentioned changing bank accounts just in case?
  • pmduk
    edited 5 December 2018 at 8:10PM
    Options
    I wouldn't worry too much, the other person has no more information than would have been present had she given that person a cheque.

I'm not an expert on data breaches but I believe Vodafone have acted correctly in promptly reporting the matter to the Information Commissioner's Office.
  • ConfusedHen
    Options
    I have just been speaking to Vodafone as I am paying for a large amount of data on my current plan which I simply am not using. Back in August I upgraded my plan because they kept texting me to say my data was running out. Now circumstances have changed and I no longer need so much data.
    However, they have advised me that I am not entitled to downgrade my tariff for the duration of the contract, which ends in August.
    Has anyone else had any experience of this and is there anything else I can do.This seems like a very unfair policy.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure