NST February A FOREST ADVENTURE

Options

Comments

• DancingDragons
    Options
    Reporting in, lost today as I'd planned on NSD but needed to bag the train tickets before prices and cheap seats all sold out.
    MSE TIP FOR YOU!

If you want train tickets - go to the station and book with the very helpful staff. (Not the grumpy ones)
    My hunt for train tickets has been a bit of an ongoing saga, keeping an eye on prices waiting for the tix to be available. This week, now able to book I checked the Spotty hankies and the Lines, and even the Network 'direct'. OMG bait and switches everywhere. Yes you can have £50 tickets...actually once you click to buy I'm bounced from the trains selected, or the price quadruples!
    Two single tix sorted for £50 all in, at the times I wanted on the trains I wanted Offered online at £95 each - and then switched when I went to pay!
    Even with the extra precaution of 5.00 travel insurance I am still saving!

Exercise 4 mile walk - with shopping in tow. I bought what would have been needed tomorrow so I can reclaim - all being well.

Reading: Later.
    Debt Free April 2019:j to July 2019 :( NEW WTC:eek:1,194
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Evening everyone!

Yesterday = NSD number 1
    Today = NSD number 2

Finally after weeks of procrastinating, I made it into the gym on Sunday and felt so much better for it. Walked to work yesterday and today (about 10-15min each way) as well as quite a bit of activity during the day. Mindfulness has been sporadic but that's ok. Managing to drink more water too.

Late night call from mother when I was just dozing off to sleep set me back on the whole day. She has no concept of time anymore - or that I have to get up early for work. When I explained that she just said 'oh right' then proceeded to start telling me all about her day. This was at 23:15. Not amused lol. The only way around it is to switch my phone off but then I worry what if something went wrong. I think I may look into getting her a Piper alarm, as long as she remembers it is only for emergencies (which she probably won't lol). Sigh.

Anyway. Had a good day despite feeling tired. Going to have an early night tonight and relax.

Keep up the good work everyone! x
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • DawnW
    DawnW Posts: 7,440 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Evening all :)
    Well, after all that I missed out on my planned NSD by 79p :rotfl:I did my small shop, and asked to pay with vouchers. The vouchers are worth £1 each but you can't get change... and there was an odd 79p. So I had the dilemma of either NSD, or losing 21p :eek: Was I going to lose 21p? I don't think so :rotfl::rotfl:

So NSDs remain at 3 atm, but I have high hopes for tomorrow :)
  • f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,878 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    NSD 4 today.

Supper was using up all the bits and bobs from the fridge - one sausage on a filo base pizza, pesto pasta, chilli and ys wraps, it was very mix and match but everyone was fed, and I am now two days ahead of my meal plan.

Went in to town to buy a whisk, remembered I had seen one in the c/s near my house, so went back to the car and someone had dropped a £5 note in front of it. So a NSD and a free fiver (I did check for traps, but there were no pits or cages to drop on me).

All within budget, all food from stores, no snakes, no stick insects, no polar bears but I did have snow.

Keep warm tonight turtles, it looks like being a tad chill.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Kerry_Woman
    Kerry_Woman Posts: 3,133 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    NSD achieved 4/18
    Did walking.
    Used food already in and also brought lunch into work.
    Grateful for:
    A good night sleep.
    Being able to do a little bit of housework after I returned from work.
    Tiny bit of decluttering.
    Finished reading a book and starting another book.
    Frugal Living Challenge 2024 Mortgage free as of 1st August 2013
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Another NSD today so 4/18 :D. Also went to the gym after work which I really enjoyed. Need to start doing that more often.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
  • sashanut
    sashanut Posts: 3,252 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Hi all :j

Didn't get on here yesterday to post, did read along but had to answer email from relative, then had to get up this morning to get DD off to airport...at silly o'clock, ugh. Then couldn't sleep as I knew she only had 30 mins from arrival to gate closing....she made it despite going to wrong gate initially, then running through duty free with folk cheering her on.....safely arrived now at her destination..

Always : Will try to make sure I can make/save some money this month instead of always spending up to the max..Spent on food yesterday & today - but much smaller more considered spends. And drew out the money in cash - much more reluctant to spend that!!

First : Agree

Organise : Drew out cash for food this week, fridge inventory still going strong & very surprised what I have been able to concoct with what was/is still in there.

Reserve : Already make a charity donation each month from joint acc. Will also set up a DD for an animal one. Still to do

Environment : Snow today & CS work so only a quick gallop round the garden, very cold but snow not sticking.

Stock take : Lunch & dinner all from fridges/freezer still haven't had to chuck anything as yet which I thought I would. Need to stocktake all other food stocks (kitchen cupboards, pantry, larder, cellar ) will start tomorrow.

Takeaways are forbidden (unless as part of family entertainment night/ birthday choice). Coffee shops, vending machines, works canteens etc are also banned (pastoral exceptions): Not planning on any takeaways, too much food here to need any.

Always take your lunch to work and snacks and drinks for outings or appointments: Will do

Do something different. If nothing changes, nothing changes. We want to see small positive changes which become habits and then just part of who you are. Pick 2 or 3 things you want to change. Start with one small change and after five successful days, add another: Will give this one some thought.

Valentine Who? : Card only for DH, already have. May have nicer meal but no gifts are exchanged..

Exercise 5 times a week please: Could well be gardening or clearing, cleaning etc but will aim to be active. In the garden today

NSDs are staying at 18 this month: Still 1/18, hopeful of one tomorrow..

Throw it away: Big push on this, much clearing needs to be done but refuse to toss useful stuff, will freecycle or CS - but preferably sell! Took bag of stuff, books & bag of newspapers to CS with me. Saw a FB post for a bag that have - which someone was ISO & willing to pay £xxx for, I used once for wedding 3 years ago. Made contact, sent a few photos showing perfect item, then received message saying would I take less...when she fixed the price!! Have not bothered to reply..

Use what you have. Fix something : Have some knobs on drawers cupboard etc in bedroom that have come adrift. Need superglueing or I have already bought 4 new ones if not fixable. Not done yet. DH busy transferring old VHS, DVDs & other tapes onto disc that lasts for xxx years, as they had - and will continue to - deteriorate badly until this is done. This has fixed them, really weird seeing ourselves such a long time ago with baby DD:eek:

Refuel properly: Will do this, already am taking some steps to improve health & sleep patterns. Taking supplements now & bedtime tea, seems to be working. Not so good this week but on it as from tomorrow..

Elephants and Frogs: Frog printer tackled today & is now working, albeit intermittently. Elephant - sorted two bags of stuff DD brought round for me to take to CS. Some only fit for rags, some summer stuff that will get ragged if I take it in now, and some I can take on Tues. Not much on this today, but did realise that it needs to get done before the garden explodes into life...no sorting today, but will try & press gang DH into helping tomorrow. 2 frog phone calls needed tomorrow, at the very least.

Thanks mothernerd for running the challenge, it is very much appreciated even though I am not a model turtle pupil yet
    New start JAN15 - NOT BUYING IT 2015 :eek:. Long haul DFW #145 : 2011 DEBTBUSTING : £5500 OD GONE, £2000 OD - GONE £93,610.30 cc & loan debt - GONE 27.6.14 FINALLY DEBT & MORTGAGE FREE :happyhear
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ignore your negative thoughts
    no one likes to be ignored, so they will get sad and leave

Instant mood boosts
    Favourite music
    Ice cream
    Good memories
    Cute cats

Live the moment. Leave the phone.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Yesterday I went to sleep at 2am and woke just before 8am. This is a great improvement and I am hoping to do something similar tonight (this [Weds] morning?).

Did half an hour of activity (grabbing rubbish/ stuff for the kitchen/ recycling; put stuff down the toilet/ swished the sink; put up an over the door hook and used empty hangers from my wardobe to hang up some of their clothes - now behind the bathroom door rather than in boxes/ on the floor on the landing).

Made breakfast beef and spinach wraps w mayo and mustard, most of which needed using up. Frog number 2 eaten as I found my pills - one pack has been missing since Saturday (old one finished Friday evening). I was sure I had some (checked before visiting the doctor last week) and knew I had put them 'somewhere safe' but have not found them in rather frantic searching. This morning they were in plain sight but would have been hidden under the 6 'trays' I have been sorting (3 paperwork, 3 embroidery) until late last night.

Decided to have a bath as it was no more trouble than washing and makes me feel better, did a little necessary pampering and got dressed (many layers and the panda hat). Went back to the front room twice just to look at how tidy it was.

Took a book back to the library and left a pile of embroidery fabric with a note for the sewing group that meets there (I am having problems using dark fabrics and evenweave and wanted them to go to people who would appreciate them) before meeting mum at her dentist's just before 11am.

When mum went in for her appointment, I went to Icyland. and sent shopping back home vis their delivery service. Spent more than expected, but have stocked up with items only they have and added a few bits in case the snow decided to settle.

After mum's appointment, we went back to Icyland to get her shopping. She sat on her walker whilst I emptied the trolley, packed up, paid, phoned for the taxi and put all the bags of shopping by the kerb.

Interesting conversation on the way to mum's. Unpacked everything and fed us both. Relaxing afternoon (ordered more things she needed by phone). I read my book whilst mum slept. Put the bin out. Made tea.

Stayed later than expected - snow finally stopped mid afternoon or would have come home much earlier (mum had said it was okay). Have errands to do and letters to post for her tomorrow. Put my bin out. Very tired, but happy.

Today I am grateful for the nicest (cutest) 'please wash your hands' sign I have ever seen (at mum's dentist), for the joy of the little girl who noticed we had matching panda hats and for conversation with the taxi driver - I had asked when the Munich disaster (Busby Babes air crash) anniversary was (knew it was about now) and the taxi driver said they had been talking about it on the radio (60th anniversary today). We then carried on chatting about that, Hillsborough and scattering Ashes (most ferries seem to have a designated journey each day where they stop half way to accommodate last wishes).
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning lovely turtles

Today is a spend day. so I am still on #5 hoping to make it to 8 by the end of the week.

I have just booked a couple of activities for C parcs in Aug and then I am off to Aldi tonight. Also going to have to buy my lunch as silly me forgot to pick it up in my rush to get out the door this morning. a bit cross with myself about it but it is done now.

Picking up pizza toppings and yeast tonight when I go to Aldi tonight so me and my eldest can make pizzas on Friday for our tea. I think he will enjoy making them!

Almost finished my book! & I am really enjoying it- really looking forward to starting the next one in the pile of books I have never got round to reading.

I will update budgets tonight as it seems a little silly to do it pre-shop,

xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family