Options

Comments

• thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2017 at 9:52AM
    Options
    Hello,

today should be another SFD. HM lunch, bike at the gym, just cold cuts and bread etc for the kids dinner as DS will have a BBQ at the holiday club and DD gets a warm lunch anyway. For DH and me I'll make a chinese style noodle dish with some left over roast chicken from Sunday and pork rib meat form the BBq On Sat once he's back from football. The next three days I have to get a bit creative as there is not much left and I would usually go to the shop by now.

Loving the garden just now. We don't have massive amounts of fruit and veg growing but most days the kids can go out and pick sth.: mange tout, strawberries, snack cucumbers. Hopefully the beans, potatoes, carrots etc will be ready soon too.
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I seem to be spending everyday this has to stop.

Yesterday popped into Lildlee's on way home for milk and baby wipes, however then realised I needed butter, next minutes mushrooms, dates and everything jumped into my basket. 8 pounds spent.

Today I spent 9 pounds.Way I look at it saved money.

Hair dye 5 pounds whereas hairdresser to include a cut 50.00
    Shampoo/ Conditioner half price 2.50 each, saved 5 pounds there. I usually buy a dearer one half the size.

Not big spends but hey ho tomorrow will be a SFD. !!!!!!!!
    Thursday and Friday however won't be however.

Grateful for
    Rain yes I got tired with watering garden.
    Day off tomorrow sunny hopefully.
    Great leftover tea, with all veggies and a few noodles yesterday.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • indigowarrior
    Options
    No spend day. Stayed in weather is miserable.
    No Spend November 2/15 and SPC 134
  • mrshubbard
    mrshubbard Posts: 176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry Thrifty

Well done on the race for life Skint teacher

Another 2 NSDs under the belt so up to 3 - must do better.

Went for our belated father's day meal yesterday at the Airport pub in Manchester - right next to the runway where the planes land so Little Man was hyper, there was another boy the same age there and they ran around together on the playground and worked each other up into a frenzy every time a plane landed :rotfl: entertained all the other people there too. There's nothing as infectious as little ones laughing.

A spend day tomorrow as we're buying wood to build a bridge for our stream, lucky we're both quite practical as buying a ready made one is ridiculously expensive :eek:

I've had someone on facebook asking how much for all my maternity clothes so hoping they'll take me up on it :) will only be £20 but it can go on the cc.

Today's joys are:-

relaxing watching tennis
    getting nice bread for tea at our local market (garlic & rosemary - smells fantastic)
    my mum and dad having room in their skip for our garden rubbish
    1 debt vs 100 days -
    Debtfree by Xmas
    NST - 1/18 NSDs £54/£250 food 0/£60spends
    Debts - CC1-[STRIKE]£4438.89[/STRIKE] £4329.82 CC2-[STRIKE]4560.38[/STRIKE] £3672.52 CC3-[STRIKE]£10,326[/STRIKE]£10,155.85 CC4 - [STRIKE]£3286[/STRIKE]
  • Florence_J
    Florence_J Posts: 1,942 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sorry for my absence, have been away on my holiday, managed to gain two NSDs whilst away so am now up to a small but mighty 3 with plenty of the month left.

Have become obsessed with making money online and have cashed out on a couple of survey sites, sold things on ebay and gum tree and through we buy books and ziffit and even a few things to OH which he wanted and wouldn't let me sell!

As a result I now only owe my OH £150 when a few months ago it was over £1000, and one of my credit cards is in a new hundred's bracket if that makes sense.

I go back to work tomorrow after a four week absence due to stress, anxiety and depression. I wouldn't say I am looking forward to it but I am not actively dreading it either. I will feel good about earning money again and knowing where my pay is coming from.

I currently feel quite good, I had a lovely time away, I have had the all clear on my leg so I did a park run last Saturday (and as a result had very sore legs for my holiday) and OH is taking me out for a meal or supplying me with a takeaway tomorrow night to 'celebrate' my going back to work.

I hope all of you lovely Turtles are well, well done Konta for those enjoying the tennis.
    Debt Free Stage 1 - Completed 27/08/2020
    Debt Free Stage 2 - Completed 50/181 Payments
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,034 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Lost my way a bit over the last few days due to friends' visit but up to five NSDs. Having a lovely time with them and have been out for a few drives around the lovely countryside. Will get back to normal on Friday, hopefully.
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • PlaysNicely
    PlaysNicely Posts: 153 Forumite
    Options
    :wave:

) NSDs: achieved today so now 6 / 16.

2) At least one store cupboard menu week this month: longest run so far 5 days.
    No extra dinner spends today, used frozen puff pastry sheet from freezer to make 4 x goats' cheese & beetroot puffs (one each eaten tonight and other 2 frozen for another time); hot herby new potatoes, baked tomatoes with garlic & peas. OH's flapjack and ice cream for dessert later. Matches 5 day run of no extra spending on meals over and above the shopping last week.

3) Try to up my own income in some way (legally of course)! Achieved! Extra weekend job has now started with a couple of training days this week, which I've frantically rescheduled my other work around.

4) My NST health goal: 10,000 steps a day (as total of 70,000 across a week)! ^^^This^^^ is the reason I haven't achieved this today ... trying to cram all of my other work this week into one less day so that I can go in for a training day means I've been very deskbound today. Hoping still to get dogs out in a bit which will boost steps somewhat but otherwise am stuck on just over 2800 today, which is just dreadful! Total so far 39,550 / 70,000.

:eek: Also skipped lunch and was so hungry for my dinner I didn't even do my abs exercises (and now can't do them as tummy full of puff pastry and beetroot)!

5) No FleaBay shopping for the whole month - achieved again today so 11 / 31. Am likely to be buying my breadbin soon tho as having no luck sourcing one from CS (very grim offerings) and am very fed up with OH just abandoning bread products all over the kitchen (which has almost no surfaces, so can't be doing with crumbs and clutter everywhere). Who'd have thought that a roll top breadbin could really straddle the line between need or want & cordial marital relationships or 'words'! :o

6) Frugal focus: sourcing instead of spending: remaining work in progress ...
    * Valance in progress - one panel hemmed, still needs sewing to base.
    * Doggy glove puppet in progress. ... it nearly has a noggin now!
    * As above, have been trying to source bread bin from CS but no luck so far.

Simple pleasures:

:) Rain means less buzzy insects, so less neurotic "oh no it buzzes therefore I'm in danger" behaviour from smaller pooch! Peace at last!
    :) Renewing library books online, so easy, so useful!
    :) Lavender we took a chance on planting (we'd only been here a few months and weren't sure if it would like the conditions) has really come into its own!

Hope everyone else has had a fruitful day. PN x
    £1000 Emergency fund challenge #236 - £ 5 / £332.05 + 365 day penny challenge - £ 18.15 / £667.95; 52 weeks challenge = £183 / £1,378;Frugal Living 2018 #42 <£11,500
    :p
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,710 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Today I am grateful for the rain which was really rather impressive, for going to dd's brownies' picnic (indoors), for catching up with friends, for dd getting a party invite (which enables me to say 'no' to doing something I didn't want to do), for for dd practising her photography, for lavender bags, for the Tour, for shred (done it 8 times now), for reading a good book.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,339 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Today was NSD number 4. Shopping came this morning so I did a little batch cooking tonight. Slightly overdid it on portion size estimates but I split it to make an extra portion instead.

Was also the first day back at work, and it was a complete nightmare tbh - everything had gone a bit t*ts up while I was off. Hopefully all sorted now as I wasted a lot of time today.

Somehow racked up another healthy day food wise, didn't exercise as I'm really feeling the effects of my riding lesson! Will work out in the morning. Night all.
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £1,796 as of 04/24
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today I'm grateful for a NSD (5/16), earning some extra cash (double shift again today), a nice night for walking home and the g&t that I'm planning to have when I get home :D
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1428.98/£1500 (95.3% saved).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure