All change..... Determined to be solvent, single and successful

Options

Comments

• mumblingtaff
    mumblingtaff Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    A good day at work - got lots done and feel really organised at the moment. It won't last!!
    Got home around 4.15 and took the dog to the park for a trot around. Called in at shop on the way home for chicken for the dog's tea when he's staying with OH on friday evening. I'm going over to his house tonight so will take his little overnight bag over then so all OH needs to do on Friday is pick him up from my house and take him home with him.

Going to have some tea and a bath and have an evening off. It will be a busy rest of the week....
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    I'm very impressed at your plan to run before work!

Failed miserably!! Took the dog for a longer walk instead. Total kop out!
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all!
    Was wide awake at 4.45am so ended up getting up and taking the dog for a longer walk than normal. I'm sure I'll be tired later but I just can't lie in bed, never been able to, even as a teenager.
    Have also cleaned the kitchen, packed up a parcel to send back some unwanted purchases I tried on yesterday (all too big!) and had a little tidy round.

In theory, work shouldn't be too bad today - have to do an observation of another teacher, have one meeting and get a load of little admin jobs done. Going to try to pop out at lunchtime or leave on time to get an extra front door key cut and take the parcel to the post office.

Tonight, I need to write up my presentations, get my bag packed for tomorrow and do a quick clean (Hoover and dust). I'll also try to go a for a run - had 3 days off now so need to get my backside in gear!

I've checked the banking this morning too and it's all on track - it's payday in a week and if I stick to my budgets I'll have an extra £250 or so to put towards the holiday spending money :)
    Apart from the work weekend event and my parents coming on Sunday, I have no big plans for the weekend. I'll see OH on Saturday late afternoon and evening but he's still on his diet so there won't be eating and drinking out involved. I'll need to do a little food shop on the weekend - might do it on the way home on Saturday to get it out of the way, or Sunday morning at the latest.

Right it's 6am, better get in the shower......
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Morning all.
    Up early again.... Have already walked the dog, cleaned the kitchen, done a bit of ironing and packed my bag for my overnight work thing.
    My plans went out of the window a bit last night as OH booked a surprise early dinner at a French restaurant for us (and paid!). I think he thought that I was a bit nervous about the weekend and so was trying to be nice but it did mean that everything I'd planned to do was pushed back. Really thoughtful of him though - don't know what's come over him! Insecurity maybe? I was home by 8.45 and got some work stuff done and got to bed by 11pm but was awake again at 4.30...,,

Today will be very busy - early meeting at work followed by doing two observations of colleagues then dashing straight out at lunchtime to go to the new school meeting in a hotel. The agenda runs until about 7 I think then it's dinner and drinks and it continues again from 9am tomorrow until mid afternoon.

OH is picking up the dog after work and taking him to his house for the night so at least I don't have to worry about poochy, he'll be walked and fed and have some company.

Will be glad when it's all over......
  • MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good luck MT, hope it all goes well. x
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6923.98/£15,000 XMAS: £607.21 CAR/HOUSE: £550
  • mumblingtaff
    edited 23 June 2018 at 2:51PM
    Options
    MeandO wrote: »
    Good luck MT, hope it all goes well. x
    Thank you!!

Home now, it was all ok and I think my contributions were well received. Long two days though....
    Went to bed at 11pm last night, been up since silly o clock so was shattered. Thankfully I slept quite well and initially woke up at 5.30 but forced myself back to sleep until 6.30, then got up and went for a run. Only 3.5 km but better than nothing I suppose. Then had breakfast with the team and spent 8.30-2pm locked away in a meeting room.
    The dog has survived his night away with OH and was safely put back home in my house about lunchtime so he'd be here when I got home.

Going to have a bath, then head over to OHs to watch the rugby. He's offered to cook my tea so is still being very considerate and thoughtful. Don't know what's come over him - perhaps he's missed me ;)

Parents are here tomorrow but I'm going to have a mad hour tomorrow morning doing some cleaning, basic food shopping and getting ready for them. Need a day off today.....
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    June must be the time for observations...had 2 myself this week! Well done on surviving the time away.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Thanks Honeysuckle ! I'm always amazed at how many of us here are teachers - gluttons for punishment!

Spent the afternoon and evening with OH - he made me a lovely Mediterranean tea and we sat out with a bottle of wine just chilling out. A much needed rest for me. Stayed over and got up about 8 to take the dog to the park before it got too warm. Popped into the little tesco on the way back for basic groceries and bits for my visitors so got the shopping done too. Spent £25 so that means there's about £45 left in the grocery budget for the month which renews on Friday. Might need £5 or so for chicken for the dog during the week but it means that I've saved £40 from the £200 budget for the month towards the holiday fund - quite pleased with that :) £160 for a month's worth of groceries for me is quite good.

I've also stuck to the spending budget and have some money left in my purse for the week to last until Friday. It's been a good financial month (barring any unforeseen disasters this week) and I think I'll be able to put £250 extra towards the holiday from unused contingency money and grocery savings :) that's on top of the £120 put into the holiday account at the beginning of the month, so £370 in total. The holidays are already paid for but I need extra spending money hence the savings.

My parents are arriving lunchtime/early afternoon so I need to be sorted with the household jobs by then. The shopping is done and I've also been for a quick run to blow away the cobwebs (felt sluggish and tired but did it, so quite pleased with myself considering the week I've had) so it's only the cleaning to do now. Going to have a frantic hour and get the hoovering, dusting and bathroom cleaning done and clean the conservatory then can finally have a sit down in the garden in peace before the onslaught.

It's a busyish week in work - leavers assembly (my responsibility) tomorrow morning, going to my induction afternoon at the new school tomorrow and prom on Thursday evening, and of course the usual teaching, meetings and observations etc. I have my mum's dog with me for the week too so will need to try to leave work at decent times as he's not as used to being on his own as my dog is. I can always do work in the evenings at home but need to be around as much as possible. Also need to collect my dogs tablets from the vet after work tomorrow - he's down to the last one and needs them to stay alive! He can't control his adrenalin hormone level and these moderate them for him, so they're essential!

Right, better get the Hoover out.... No rest for the wicked... ;)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    All chores done by 12 noon - the house is spotless (even by mums standards) and I'm ready for the arrival of the clan. Managed to spend 2 hours on a lounger in the garden before having a quick shower and waiting for them to descend any minute now.....

I have a few small work tasks to do later - shouldn't take more than an hour or so but am otherwise ready for the week.

Just surveyed the recycling and apparently this week I have used up 2 shampoos, 2 conditioners, a hairspray, a shower gel, two face creams, an eye cream, a deodorant and a toothpaste. I'm doing well with using up what's in before buying new and the house looks a bit less cluttered for doing it.
    Forgot to add that I lost 3 lbs this week too (weighed on Friday) so only a couple more lbs to go before reaching my holiday target :)

So far June has been a good month..... New job stuff has gone ok, up to date with everything for my current job, lost some weight, OH has been very well behaved and considerate, stuck to the financial plans and saved money, the dog is fully recovered from his operation and I've done plenty of running. I can't think of anything to moan about..... Let's hope it continues.... :):):)
  • mumblingtaff
    Options
    Family have been up since 3.30am and a taxi picked them up at 4.45! Of course if they're up, I'm up! It will be a very long day......
    Busy day today, just looking forward to 3.30pm when I can go home.

Have taken the dogs for a good walk this morning as it will be warm later and they're not great in the heat. Feeding time at the zoo has also happened so hopefully they'll settle down again now.

Right, it's 6am, better get in the shower and try to wake myself up and look presentable - will take some effort today.....
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure