Got the £10 Christmas Bonus this winter? Expect a further £60 in the New Year too!

Options

Comments

• homealone_2
    homealone_2 Posts: 2,004 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    my son gets DLA and always get his £10 bonus. i get DLA and IB and i never get it, why is that do you think?
  • Suzkin
    Suzkin Posts: 517 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I was receiving contribution based Job Seekers Allowance up until 3rd January 2006, but never received an additional £10 payment for the Dec period (re. 'Dec 22nd' was quoted: Is this correct - or should I make a claim? Can they check this for me?

Also, I needed to sign-on (again...) in November 2008, claiming contribution based JSA. I was told I did not need to sign on on 22nd Dec, since this particular date was being 'excused' as it was Xmas.

No decision has yet been made as to whether I actually qualify for JSA BUT if I do, will I receive the £60 extra payment in due course?
  • Edinburghlass_2
    Edinburghlass_2 Posts: 32,680 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    You wouldn't be entitled to the £10 by virtue of claiming JSA, check the list on the OP.
  • rmgalley
    Options
    I received my very first State Retirement Pension paid into my bank account on 22 December 2008. I have not heard of/been advised of the £10 bonus let alone the additional £60. Is it likely this is because, being a new payee, they have not caught up with me yet? It does say 'to each person who got the £10 bonus'. Well I didn't or haven't had yet.
  • *Chattie*
    *Chattie* Posts: 707 Forumite
    Options
    I'd say so as you qualify date wise. I just got my first pension payment today so don't qualify.
  • Nikki52
    Options
    I'd just like to say that I'm pleased about this additional £60.

My mother has been in receipt of a Death Benefit Pension for the last 35 years (due to my dad being killed in a works accident when he was only 29 years old) and the Christmas bonus was £10 all them years ago and has never increased with inflation (£10 would buy a lot back then but what can it buy today!!!). So this extra payment is well overdue.

:j
  • jennifernil
    jennifernil Posts: 5,580 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I am hoping I will get it, I started getting my pension on December 15th, so missed out on the £10.
  • molley
    molley Posts: 528 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    rmgalley wrote: »
    I received my very first State Retirement Pension paid into my bank account on 22 December 2008. I have not heard of/been advised of the £10 bonus let alone the additional £60. Is it likely this is because, being a new payee, they have not caught up with me yet? It does say 'to each person who got the £10 bonus'. Well I didn't or haven't had yet.

Doesn't seem you were entitled to it (£10)as the qualifying date is in the first week of December but I can't see why you shouldn't get the £60 .

"The Christmas Bonus is a tax free payment made to customers who are present or ordinarily resident in the UK or any other EU Member State and who are entitled to receive one or more qualifying benefits, including State Pension and Pension Credit in the first week of December.
    Find out more information about Christmas Bonuses on the Directgov website
  • EdInvestor
    EdInvestor Posts: 15,749 Forumite
    Options
    Looks like state pensioners paid weekly will get the 60 quid on Monday.:)
    Trying to keep it simple...;)
  • jaybee
    jaybee Posts: 1,555 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just checked my bank account and the £60 has been added to my usual pension amount :j :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure