PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

June 2012 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Mrs_Money_Penny
    Mrs_Money_Penny Posts: 1,210 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Hi haven't been on for ages but need to cut down. Could you please put me down for June £400
    2024 Decluttering 3273 ⭐️⭐️⭐️
  • JIL
    JIL Posts: 8,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bikingbint wrote: »
    Hi

I am not good at breadmaking and have created many a doorstop :eek: so I have just invested in a panasonic breadmaker. I am very impressed, so is DH. I have made edible bread, my problem is that I find it very difficult to slice any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

I have tried leaving it until the next day to slice and still the same problem.

Thanks in advance and back to lurkdom.

Bikingbint

I always use an electric carving knife to slice my home made bread, you then dont need much pressure on the loaf and it keeps its shape.
  • jedi82
    jedi82 Posts: 410 Forumite
    Options
    Hi everyone, went to L!dl today and spent 80.80 but had the £10 off voucher from the express yesterday so only spent £70.80 and the cupboards are full! However, spent more than I wanted to so will have to calm down if I want to make my target this month!

Must say that I wan't too impressed with the L!dl weekend offers and don't think I will make the trip on a saturday in future! We live in cornwall and on saturdays in the summer the roads are chaos!

Have a nice weekend although it has just started to rain here...but good for the plants!

Jedi x
    Finally getting my life on track. Onwards and upwards.
    BSC No 327
    GC Jan £336.91/£450
    GC Feb £0/£400
  • rising_from_the_ashes
    Options
    First spends of the month ..... didn't really need a lot so decided it wasn't worth the trip to Mr A as it costs about £5 in fuel :eek: I know the Co*op's a bit dearer but I do tend to only buy what I need when I go there, whereas if I'd gone to Mr A, I'd have felt like I had to spend more to justify the fuel IYSWIM:o

Anyway, I did manage to stick to the needs (crumpets & lunch stuff) and quite pleased at £12.30 - hopefully I'll just need a top up of rolls mid-week:)

Been dull here today but dry so have spent the afternoon gardening - cut the grass, did a bit of weeding (they are never ending!) and had a wee trip to a nearby garden centre as I got some vouchers for my birthday a couple of months ago.

Have spent the past hour or so planting the various plants I got into the many pots I have with previously dead ones in :o - and the patio is looking rather lovely again!:D
    Grocery Challenge £211/£455 (01/01-31/03)
    2016 Sell: £125/£250
    £1,000 Emergency Fund Challenge #78 £3.96 / £1,000
    Vet Fund: £410.93 / £1,000
    Debt free & determined to stay that way!
  • WorkingMummy84
    Options
    Hi all!

I have decided to join you all, since starting work my grocery shopping and daily spend has been spiralling and its just getting so silly!

So, Me, my OH and 3 boys - I recon £250 in a month is more than enough. I know OH went shopping today for some bits so I will go and tackle him for the receipt shortly!
  • ModestyB
    ModestyB Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Had my first spend of the month yesterday at Mr M's, £7.28, and £11.64 at Ald1 and £19.28 at the pet shop today making a total of £38.20 so far.
    Sig. updated.

Welcome to all our new GC friends, you'll find so much help on here.
    Hugs to all who need one.
    S.P.C. 9 2016 No. 062 Banked £337.50
    My Gold Stars off Sue. :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin:staradmin :staradmin
  • MrsCD
    MrsCD Posts: 1,792 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Xmas Saver!
    Options
    Evening all. Welcome to all the new folks here :wave:
    Come and have a chat, even if you're not doing the GC thing yet. It'll help you get into the swing of things.

It's been drizzly most of the day, but I've managed to get all my little baby veggies into the mini allotment :) that used to be the small lawn.
    I've also planted seeds, so hopefully there will be a succession of sorts and I won't get too much at once ;)
    Forgot to have lunch - I wasn't hungry when DH wanted his, so I had a little break, put some washing in and got on in the garden again. So when it got to about 4.30 I wondered why I was starving :D Had a cheap pizza with chopped peppers and mini tomatoes on top, and some risotto which needed using up :)

May be a NSD if DD2 forgets to bring the eggs home with her ;)

JJ - your raised beds look fantastic - well done :T
    2024 Fashion on the ration 32/66 used
  • supersally01
    supersally01 Posts: 785 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Weekend spends include,

£33 in M&S, mostly on picnic things for the jubilee party on Monday. Also got a large chicken in the meal deal.

£23 in mr T's, got the finest beef, beefburgers and the yogurts. Used the £1 moc for the beefburgers and yogurts, also got the BOGOF biscuits and a 50p pack, then used the £1 moc, so 3 packs for £1.25! Will take them into work.

Roast beef tomorrow, picnic monday then away all week, Liverpool, Alton towers and legoland!

Hope all are having a fab jubilee weekend, take care all!

Sally.
  • Flat_Eric
    Flat_Eric Posts: 4,060 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Not really keeping proper track of spends or budgeting etc at the moment :mad: but hope to soon.

Anyhow, I just popped on to say that if you have your food shopping delivered with Mr T or any other supermarket for that matter, CHECK YOUR BILLS!

Mr T turned up 1 hour and 20 mins late today - grumble grumble (had all my shopping apart from a minor sub of my weight watcher meals) so wasn't going to complain even though they sent stale tiger bread (minor grumble) BUT I have complained now after discovering that of the two packs of steak I ordered, one they have overcharged me ! price on pack - £5.24 - price charged £8.52 :mad::mad::mad: Have just sent an e-mail with accompanying picture. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This is the second time they have done this to me. How many of us have been overcharged in this way and haven't notice ??? :(
  • sistercas
    sistercas Posts: 4,803 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Flat_Eric wrote: »
    Not really keeping proper track of spends or budgeting etc at the moment :mad: but hope to soon.

Anyhow, I just popped on to say that if you have your food shopping delivered with Mr T or any other supermarket for that matter, CHECK YOUR BILLS!

Mr T turned up 1 hour and 20 mins late today - grumble grumble (had all my shopping apart from a minor sub of my weight watcher meals) so wasn't going to complain even though they sent stale tiger bread (minor grumble) BUT I have complained now after discovering that of the two packs of steak I ordered, one they have overcharged me ! price on pack - £5.24 - price charged £8.52 :mad::mad::mad: Have just sent an e-mail with accompanying picture. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

This is the second time they have done this to me. How many of us have been overcharged in this way and haven't notice ??? :(

mr T is despicable, i was overcharged the other day when i went in and the cashier had the cheek to say she had put 2 things through when we had only bought 1 :mad: never going there again . I am going to try and support small local retailers as much as possible now
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure