PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Land Registry questions

Options

Comments

• Land_Registry
    Land_Registry Posts: 5,782 Organisation Representative
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi

I could do with urgent advice with regarding buying a property. I’m pretty desperate as I am currently renting and have got an enviction notice. My solicitor is still refusing to set a completion date.

My vendor had to buy the freehold for their property before we can buy the house due to various reasons. Long story. They have now applied to Land registry for transfer of deed into their name. Could someone advice if that has been done yet and what time scales we are looking at? The title number is MAN80807.

I am so worried that we won’t be able to complete before our eviction date...

Many thanks!

The application was submitted on 3rd September and the average timescales suggest it should be considered early this week and if everything is in order then completed at the same time
    Official Company Representative
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    sdpoo wrote: »

I wondered two things:

1. How likely am I to be successful in adding these rights to my title? My title number is NK413893

2. How long could this take? My buyers only have a few weeks left on their current RAF accommodation and this could cause our chain to collapse :(

Many thanks to all.

1. All depends on the evidence submitted but in my experience the fact that an adjoining title has the rights would most likely be insufficient. Whilst that sounds very negative experience also suggests that any application would not rely on that point alone. The applicant would normally supply a statement of fact/truth setting out a series of points to support their claim

2. The average timescale for consideration is 9 working days. Odds are it will also need considering by a senior officer to see if the statement provided is sufficient - if it's not we would go back to the conveyancer to advise and ask for more as appropriate
    An application was submitted on 6th September
    I am the official company representative of Land Registry. MSE has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help solve issues. You can see my name on the companies with permission to post list. I am not allowed to tout for business at all. If you believe I am please report it to forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by MSE"
  • sdpoo
    sdpoo Posts: 26 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you, that is very helpful information. Is it worth calling to see if the application can be expedited? Especially as it sounds like I may need to provide more supporting evidence? I don't mind waiting 9 days, but it would be a shame to wait that long and then need to provide evidence and wait another 9 days!

Thanks again
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    sdpoo wrote: »
    Thank you, that is very helpful information. Is it worth calling to see if the application can be expedited? Especially as it sounds like I may need to provide more supporting evidence? I don't mind waiting 9 days, but it would be a shame to wait that long and then need to provide evidence and wait another 9 days!

Thanks again

We don't usually expedite this type of application as it is looked at fairly quickly and we don;t know if you need more evidence as yet - that was merely a general comment on such applications.

Ringing us would only elicit the same responses

I'm assuming your conveyancer advised you on what was needed - see PG 52 - but the key is you can only put forward the 'facts'
  • laskoibence
    Options
    No application as yet against that title number so nothing currently with us

If they are looking to cancel or disapply it then it is likely to take a few weeks as suggested depending on what supporting evidence is submitted. You'll need to rely on your solicitor here

Hi, any application yet?
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    Hi, any application yet?

Nothing as yet still
  • Reed_Richards
    Options
    I am buying a house that backs on to farmland. As part of that process I have seen the Title Plan for the property and an adjoining property. On both plans part of my (to-be) boundary with the farmland is shown as a straight-line continuation of my neighbour's boundary. But the position of the boundary line is slightly different in the two plans. Should I seek to have this discrepancy reconciled? The Title Plan for my neighbour's property is the more recent one.
    Reed
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    I am buying a house that backs on to farmland. As part of that process I have seen the Title Plan for the property and an adjoining property. On both plans part of my (to-be) boundary with the farmland is shown as a straight-line continuation of my neighbour's boundary. But the position of the boundary line is slightly different in the two plans. Should I seek to have this discrepancy reconciled? The Title Plan for my neighbour's property is the more recent one.

If you have any concerns over the registered extent of what you are buying compared with the reality on the ground then you should raise this with your conveyancer and with the seller as appropriate.

Title plans will show the general boundaries only so are not intended to be definitive re the exact position of the legal boundary.

Slight differences may occur where older/newer Ordnance Survey detail has been used for each title plan. But that has to be considered along with the general boundaries point as well as the reality on the ground. We would not update the older one or re map the newer one using older detail so if it's a slight difference then it will remain as such on the title plans and we would, in my experience, reject any request to reconcile them

Our PG 40 series of supplements explain this in more detail for you and supplement 5 covers title plans specifically
  • cono1717
    Options
    If a property has been sold by a person and the land registry now is under a company name, is it assumed that if a person is living in the property the company on the land registry is the landlord? Wouldn't expect Taylor Wimpey to be on the registry!
  • Land_Registry
    Options
    cono1717 wrote: »
    If a property has been sold by a person and the land registry now is under a company name, is it assumed that if a person is living in the property the company on the land registry is the landlord? Wouldn't expect Taylor Wimpey to be on the registry!

Something to ask Taylor Wimpey as the legal owner
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback