IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

PCN from Parking Eye & follow up debt collection letter - Continue to ignore?

Options
Tanglas
Tanglas Posts: 11 Forumite
First Anniversary
edited 9 October 2018 at 2:33PM in Parking tickets, fines & parking
Hello All,

I received a PCN from parking eye for breaking rules clearly sign posted, but this is because of the car in the bay next was also not parked within the bay but of course hasn't been caught, I have since received letters from DRP (Debt Recovery Plus) asking for a £160 Payment for the PCN (Original payment £60) in the letter they say it is the last warning before they advise there "client" to take me to court for this. Any advice on if I can ignore or just cut my losses and pay now? Also from England

Thanks in advance

Comments

• onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    You are not guilty of anything unless or until a Judge says you are!!

Everyone who comes here is politely advised to read the newbies section and edit your post accordingly, the parking scammers read these forums and CAN use what information you post against you.

You do not admit to driving, you are the registered keeper.

Read post #4 on debt collectors, they are to be ignored!!!! they have no power and cannot instigate court proceedings, they are NOTHING!!! just scummy dirty parasites.
  • Tanglas
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I've read through the newbies section but struggling to find anyone with the same problem just similar. Also as im new cant find post #4

Thanks
  • Tanglas
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Just found Post #4 Thanks. just need advice from someone with the same problem and if im ok to ignore all letters.

Thanks
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    you can definitely ignore any letter from a debt collector, if that is what you mean

what you DO NOT IGNORE is a formal postal LBC from PE or an MCOL from Northampton CCBC which also comes in the post

PE have 6 years to try a court claim, so after that, you are safe, not before

anyone in the same boat as you wont know the answer, because the 6 years has not elapsed
  • pogofish
    pogofish Posts: 10,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Tanglas wrote: »
    I've read through the newbies section but struggling to find anyone with the same problem just similar.

Post-1 covers your situation early-on!

Overthinking is not a good idea where PPCs are concerned. They are simple, money-hungry creeps!
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Current odds of court can be found in this link

http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/ParkingEye.html

There is the caveat though that things can change. At one time PE used to take a vast numbers of people to court. Over thirty thousand one year.
  • Tanglas
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I’m getting the general feel that of corse DRP should most definitely be ignored, IF the ppc decides to take me to court do they first let me know this is going to happen? If so do you get a final chance to pay? Or will the cost of court (if case is lost) cost me much more than the fine?
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    OP , please can you confirm that the company is PARKING EYE , and that they are using debt recovery plus as there agent

this sounds wrong on several levels

99.9% of car parks managed by PARKING EYE are remote ANPR types , ie , no foot soldiers
    secondly PARKING EYE have in house debt collection , NOT DRP
  • onlyfoolsandparking
    Options
    Tanglas wrote: »
    I’m getting the general feel that of corse DRP should most definitely be ignored, IF the ppc decides to take me to court do they first let me know this is going to happen? If so do you get a final chance to pay? Or will the cost of court (if case is lost) cost me much more than the fine?

Yes of course DRP vermin are to be ignore, they are NOBODIES!!!!! read post #4 in the newbies section to clarify mine and everybody else's pov.

they have to legally send you a LBA/LBCCC and give you 30 days to respond, again covered in the newbies section and NO the invoice (not a fine!) wont go up, they are only allowed to claim original PCN + court fee approx £175-200
  • Tanglas
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry I have read that many things on here my head is frazzled. It is Park watch (will edit post) that are using DRP. Again any help would be appreciated as anyone would overthink, worried about Court more than the DRP letters.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure