Travelling On

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 9 May 2018 at 4:28PM
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I thought the fruit in my asda order was really poor.
    Had to ditch the grapes :(

Sorry to hear that. I love the convenience and time-saving of home delivery but nothing beats being able to rummage through all the packs of fresh produce to find the best one IMO.

My initial euphoria about Morrison's newly-introduced (to our backwater anyway) home delivery service was short lived:(. The first order was perfect in every way, I was the delivery driver's very first delivery in his spanking new van. I've had 2 other orders since then as delivery is free for an introductory period and both were very disappointing. Both times they omitted the 'protein' items altogether, such as the chicken, smoked haddock and gammon steaks. They were listed on my receipt as 'missing' (not available) although the website hadn't faded the items out as it does with unavailable items and my confirmation email made as if they would be sent.

No substitutes sent either so I still had to get the car out and drive the 14 mile round trip to my local small Morrison's where they DID have these items in stock. Crazy. I was prepared to overlook it once but two successive orders was a bit much especially as there was over a week between placing them so any stock problems should have been rectified.

I'm going back to Sainsbury's again for home delivery. I prefer Morrison's own brand items and all their fresh meat is British but at least Sainsbury's delivers 99% of what I order and if anything isn't available they always send a perfectly acceptable substitute. I've got an order coming tomorrow so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed;)
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I thought the fruit in my asda order was really poor.
    Had to ditch the grapes :(
    Totally agree, beanie - I never have fresh food delivered, if I can cope with preparing fresh, I buy it myself instore.
    I'm going back to Sainsbury's again for home delivery. I prefer Morrison's own brand items and all their fresh meat is British but at least Sainsbury's delivers 99% of what I order and if anything isn't available they always send a perfectly acceptable substitute. I've got an order coming tomorrow so I'll be keeping my fingers crossed;)
    Sorry to hear this! Missing out so much of the delivery is horrendous - really interrupts everything. Asda are fairly okay, though today they haven't sent my organic eggs, but I still have a few.

I've been digging up the very widespread grass and other weeds in the southernmost border. Much more sun there than I realised, now the hedges are cut back (needs doing again in autumn at the latest!). I've let a rockery plant self seed there, but it's let so much grass grow, it'll have to go. My new chive plants can go there soon :D
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    carbootcrazy~~Did you speak to Morrisons CS?
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    carbootcrazy~~Did you speak to Morrisons CS?

No. I didn't, beanielou. I probably should have done but they sent quite long and involved satisfaction questionnaires by email and I filled them in and submitted them both times. There was a section at the end to write about what could have been better so I let them have it, no holds barred.

I thought someone might have responded but no one has so far. Maybe no one bothers to read these things:(. I like Morrison's though and have been a satisfied customer in their shops for donkey's years. I feel bad about being so fickle and deserting them for Sainsbury's:o. I'll put this current dissatisfaction down to teething troubles with their new-to-us delivery service and maybe give it another go in a couple of months time.
  • beanielou
    Options
    cbc~~I really think that you should speak to CS.
    Like I should do with ASda :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• beanielou
    Options
    For me TBH I really should as this has put me off home shopping again :(
    For you it is putting you off Morrirons meantime.

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    cbc~~I really think that you should speak to CS.
    Like I should do with ASda :eek:

I will if you will, beanie;)
  • beanielou
    Options
    I will if you will, beanie;)

I think I have left it too long now sadly:o

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    I think I have left it too long now sadly:o

That's a shame. I'm bottling out:o although I could ring ostensibly about the uncredited 500 bonus More points for having a home delivery and then add a 'by the way.....'. I hate complaining face to face or on the phone:o. I'm as brave as a lion doing it online though:rotfl:

My Sainsbury order has arrived and everything was present:j. What I do notice is that the Use By and Best Before dates of fresh produce from Sainsbury's are a lot shorter than those from Morrisons:eek:
  • beanielou
    Options
    That's a shame. I'm bottling out:o although I could ring ostensibly about the uncredited 500 bonus More points for having a home delivery and then add a 'by the way.....'. I hate complaining face to face or on the phone:o. I'm as brave as a lion doing it online though:rotfl:

My Sainsbury order has arrived and everything was present:j. What I do notice is that the Use By and Best Before dates of fresh produce from Sainsbury's are a lot shorter than those from Morrisons:eek:

Not good on the Sainsbugs dates.
    Do you not find them expensive?
    I have a Sainsbugs where I live (only supermarket :( ) & i find it expensive:o

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback