Travelling On

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not good on the Sainsbugs dates.
    Do you not find them expensive?
    I have a Sainsbugs where I live (only supermarket :( ) & i find it expensive:o

More expensive than Morrisons:( but I usually try to stick to things on offer or some of their basic ranges which are pretty good and reasonably priced. I also had lots of high-value money off codes as Sainsbury's were trying to drum up home delivery customers in our area. That's why I started having home delivery in the first place during the winter to save having to drive as roads round here are atrocious in bad weather, not to mention the cost of petrol. My codes are now all used up, including the free delivery ones,:( but I've loads of Nectar points from various places that I'm spending to lower the total cost a bit. Prior to that I always used to shop at my nearest Morrisons store as they didn't home-deliver round here until last month. It's a very small store although it is a proper supermarket and not just a 'local', and they don't stock all the ranges. I'm often tempted by things I see in their TV ads but can't get. That's why I was so pleased when Morrisons started delivering from the nearest megastore especially with it being free until the end of June and 500 bonus More points per delivery:j

I've seen the Tesco and Asda vans come through the village but I don't shop at Tesco on principle and was never very impressed by Asda produce when I used to take my Mum there.
  • Karmacat
    Karmacat Posts: 39,460 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Coo!

I confess, I shop at Waitrose sometimes :o frozen veg is almost the same price as elsewhere, and much nicer. Iceland charge £1 for 800g. Waitrose charge £1.35 for 1k, and it doesn't have rotten bits in the middle of the stalks. Essentials mayonnaise has good ingredients, is bottled in glass, and not much more expensive than Asda - and I can walk to it, unlike Asda, which is a once a month delivery.

No matter where my shopping comes from, I give it a clean before I put it away :o I'm very much minded about the storage issues in warehouses, rat and mouse pee running all over the stuff, that kind of thing. Or ordinary germs :( that's what my various lurgies have driven me to, I'm afraid :(

I'm on catchup *again* today, as I'm finally having a day out tomorrow, to a games afternoon :j and my lovely ex-partner has offered to drive me there and back :j Part of my catchup consisted of finally putting away all the clothes I've run through the washing machine, so now I'll be getting them out again to start stacking for the cruise :j I need time to purchase missing elements too, eek.

Anyway, house cleaning and tidying has gone/is going well, I need another batch of garden rubbish for the bin tomorrow (not strong enough to do a bonfire yet, maybe on Monday). Ancestry is still calling to me with free access to the 1939 Register :o
    2023: the year I get to buy a car
  • Karmacat
    Options
    MSE bits:
    - done v well for SB points, a thingy is repeating, I just keep pressing a button every 35 seconds (even while I'm having breakfast, I can do that) and points that will give me money magically appear :rotfl:
    - got to pay credit cards.
    - the phone calls last month to my credit card provider have borne fruit, as the woman promised - late charge has been credited, and the interest charge too. The cruise fees were in that month, so even though it was only three days, the interest was £30 or so :eek:
    - those horrendous phone calls to my mobile data provider have also borne fruit. There was an mse deal that promised a £50 amazon voucher, which brought down the monthly cost of the deal, and they refused to give it to me. Eventually, they agreed to credit my account until it was gone (plus £20 for inconvenience) and so far they've kept their word. I haven't been charged anything since that date :eek::j
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,337 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    I would shop at Waitrose if I had one near me.
    I think their essentials range are fab.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • beanielou
    Options
    Good news on the credit card fees & the phone :j :j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks beanie :)

I did some digging, continuing on from where I was yesterday. Lots of crap in that there soil, plus some really *huge* roots. Tried to make sure the worms were all safe :):):)
  • pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Great result on the phone and the credit card Karma :j. Those calls can drain the life out of you, well done for persevering:T
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Karmacat
    Options
    Thanks PP :) the other thing I've done is to update the Adobe download that enables me to read ebooks from the library. I haven't been able to do that for months, and as a result, I've already read a thriller by Andrew Marr :)

Not much going to be going on today, not even in the garden - I'm off out this afternoon :j and SB is chunnering in the background right now, the little wheeze is still doing well; the goals are important cos they give you almost 10% extra next month, and that really adds up. When you're doing nothing except clicking a button while sat in front of the tv or on the phone, thats fine :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    Happy FRiday Karmcat & friends :)

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 11 May 2018 at 4:49PM
    Options
    Happy Friday to you too, beanie:beer:. I hope everyone enjoys the weekend too.

I've just returned home from the dentist where I had a tooth extracted. First one I've had out since childhood and I'm pleased to say it wasn't as traumatic as I expected thanks to my ridiculously young (to me at any rate:rotfl:) but incredibly gentle and reassuring Polish dentist. I opted for the extraction rather than lots of other expensive work to try to patch it up and save it. The gap won't show when I smile, it's far enough back to be unnoticeable so the extraction was a no-brainer really.

I hope you had fun at your board games afternoon, KC:j.
    I like the immediacy of downloading books from the library, KC, but I'm ashamed to say I can't get on with small screens, even tablet size, and I hate e-readers:o. I think I'll stick to real physical books and just put up with the trips to fetch and return them. Our mobile library is very good, although it's now only a once a month service:(, and anything I order online from the county's huge catalogue is always there on the libray van ready be collected on its next visit. There isn't all that much choice onboard without the pre-orders. Readers can borrow up to 30 books at a time so I usually come home staggering under the weight of all mine:rotfl:. I do worry about the viability of the mobile library service though as in our village, according to the librarian, there's only me and 3 other 'regulars' who visit it each time:eek:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback