Mortgage free by 2023 (!)

Options

Comments

• mummytogirls
    Options
    :rotfl: to your kids describing the neighbours garden as a forest! Lord knows what they'd think of my neighbours garden if they saw it.

Yay to knocking off 1 month :beer: also to setting up the OP! Keep it up x
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    Had a nice afternoon, DD went to a friends for a little bit (first time she's done that) - I was beside myself, she didn't even say goodbye as she legged it up the path! Was nice to have time with DS just the two of us, so we went to the garden centre, got some compost (?) and bug spray for our poorly plant and then DH bought himself some jeans and a new belt. Back in time to collect DD who clearly didn't want to come home and thought me a pretty rubbish Mum for turning back up to collect her!

Nice bonus of £7 worth of Ips0s points today for completing a chocolate survey over a week. seriously no hardship asking me questions about chocolate! So only 600 points or so from the next £10 Am@zon!

Nice result in that we thought DH's MOT was January and had booked it, but find out it's actually October, so that's a few months grace on that!

DH off out tonight, so it's me and the TV and Pinterest and list creation!
    DFW (08/08) £64,346.53 Gone (02/19)
    MFW (08/08) £118k Gone (09/23)
  • shangaijimmy
    Options
    Setting up the standing order was the best thing i did. I even set up a temporary one to last the duration of Mrs SJ's non gym membership period (pregnancy time and beyond), so that i could utilise that money.
    MFW: Was: £136,000.......Now: £61,892.24......
    Mortgage Neutral Deficit: £43,082.90... Mortgage Neutral Savings: £18,809.34

MFiT-T6 #13 - £3,517 of £15,500 (22.69%)
    1% Mortgage Challenge 2022 - £157.59 of £650
  • debtfreeoneday
    debtfreeoneday Posts: 4,814 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 31 December 2015 at 9:37AM
    Options
    Finally got round to buying our new antivirus, but can I install it? No! Will have to defer to DH when he gets up! got £14.28 cashback on a reduced price of £35, so just over £20 for antivirus for 12 months for both of us, I'm happy with that!

Managed to persuade DS to stay in bed till 6am! yey

No activity in the bank today, so ending the year with the total looking pretty healthy.

After our failure to get going with taking the littlies swimming, I have signed them up for 2-1 lessons at another pool. The other pool withdrew their £20 a month offer and it would have cost us £50 a month. These lessons will cost us just under £15 per 30 mins and we plan to do every other week. Hoping the focussed time will bring them on quicker.

Got the electric company to generate a bill, they usually only do it twice a year as we used £239 from 1/9 - 1/12, so over £300 in credit, they altered the DD to £70 from £126, but I've put it back up to £100 as I would rather be massively in credit with them and have that security. Gives me an extra £26 per month though to factor into debt repayments. Also need a normal payday in Jan so I can see what our pay increases do to our take home, minimal increases, but increases all the same!

Need to get all the bedding washed today, but apart from that a quiet day playing and just doing stuff! Can't quite believe it's the last day of 2015!

No plans to go out, I'm not a fan of celebrating New Year, I can never stay awake that long!
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Yay to DS having a lie in until 6am today DF0D!!

Thats not bad going with the lessons, I dread to think about how much we have paid out over the years. DD2 will have been going for 3 years mid Jan!! Shes doing really well and now I'm stuck in the trap of not wanting to stop her going as I don't want her to lose what she's learnt. Im hoping for her to stop soon though and then if we pull our fingers out we can do a family swim for not much more than her 1 lesson!

Good news on the electricity company, I always choose to set mine a bit higher than they say, you always know you end up owing them!

Happy New Year to you, will look forward to more in 2016 :D! xx
    Mummytogirls x

• sarahevie1
    Options

Thats not bad going with the lessons, I dread to think about how much we have paid out over the years. DD2 will have been going for 3 years mid Jan!! Shes doing really well and now I'm stuck in the trap of not wanting to stop her going as I don't want her to lose what she's learnt. Im hoping for her to stop soon though and then if we pull our fingers out we can do a family swim for not much more than her 1 lesson!

Happy New Year to you, will look forward to more in 2016 :D! xx

I think the swimming lessons are really good value, I pay £5.40 each for mine to go in a class of up to 10 (well actually it is always 10 as they are packed to the rafters.)

I keep saying I'll stop and take them myself, never happens. Also family swimming works out expensive here £4.80 an adult and £2.50 per child.

I keep saying when DD1 is 8 in 2016 I'll stop her as she won't count in my numbers (they have to be accompanied under 8 here at a ratio of 1:2) so can't take all 3 of mine at once. Then I think she is really good at swimming and enjoys the lessons and its good exercise. Decisions decisions :)
    HOME
    Original mortgage free date Nov 2037
    Mortgage free August 2018

Additional properties
    Mortgage 1 £108,000
    Mortgage 2 £45,000
    Teacher pension - DB scheme
    LGPS pension - DB scheme
  • debtfreeoneday
    Options
    it's £18 for the 4 of us to go swimming which I think is crazy.
  • mummytogirls
    Options
    Ive just been on our local council website and swimming in our area for us would be £13... I'm sure we used to be able to get a family ticket for about £10. They've obviously knocked that on the head now!

DD's lessons are £73 every 10 weeks xx
    Mummytogirls x

• debtfreeoneday
    Options
    I'd begrudge paying £10 per week (i'm so tight!) - for the four of us.

It was a bargain deal at £20 a month as you could only go once a week, which to be fair is all we could manage anyway!

DD is going to start Rainbows in the New Year, we ummed and ahhed about keeping her back and them both doing Beavers when they are 6, but figure it'll be good for them to do things apart, just a shame Beavers doesn't start for another year. Will see if I can encourage DS to do something during the year.

Tea cooking, pizza and chips for me and the littlies and DH is having steak and Chips, a last blow out as I'm off to SW group in the morning and then dropping off one £5 sale and hopefully another £5 one as well. I am so ready to start something, I need to / have to do something about thsi in 2016 - it needs to be MY year!
  • mummytogirls
    mummytogirls Posts: 6,578 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Happy New Year DF0D!

Hope the SW group goes well for you today.

My DD2 starts beavers next Monday she's so excited! Shes been on the waiting list for ages so it will be good to get her going. I think it will be good for them to do things on their own so I reckon you've made the right choice. My DD2 often hides behind DD1 so I'm glad she's on her own for once.

xx
    Mummytogirls x

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport