PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Cooking for one (Mark Three)

Options

Comments

• Brambling
    Brambling Posts: 5,132 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

in my case i'm taking lashings of gin :D:beer:

I've haven't told them my colleague has my mobile number and is picking up a piece of work I do at the beginning of the month, and isn't very confidence at doing it :cool:

I love my family but on one day i will be with four of my sisters for lunch :eek: as well as couple of other family members :)
    Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one's courage   -          Anais Nin
  • caronc
    caronc Posts: 8,091 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Brambling wrote: »
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I love my family but on one day i will be with four of my sisters for lunch :eek: as well as couple of other family members :)
    Lashings of gin and you'll be just fine just don't volunteer to be the designated driver:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

As I had the oven on for my spud/quiche I filled a tray of about 1kg of toms to roast for passatta, I stuck in a few garlic cloves and sprinkled with oregano. The smell of them wafting through the house is amazing......:D
  • Farway
    Farway Posts: 13,229 Forumite
    Homepage Hero First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Scorcher on the way today, so after porridge breakfast I cracked on watering & dead heading before the heat gets going

My SIL Channel relay made good time, 12 hours 40 minutes, which is good it seems.

He only learnt to swim a few years back when he realised all his children could swim & he couldn't, but he is a bit of a perfectionist [ideal as he's a GP] so nothing short of Channel swim would do once he'd cracked the Bournemouth pier to pier

Next year he hopes to swim Channel solo [plus support boat of course]

Today is Ploughman's lunch day, but may be for dinner not lunch, still full of porridge at the moment to think that far ahead

I know Brambling is off net, but good job she went early, it would be awful melting in traffic today
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Made a loaf of bread yesterday and some rolls, rolls in freezer and then sliced the loaf (small) and put half in freezer. 1 l/o bubble & squeak cake for lunch, then decided to get a fish fillet out of freezer, and whilst I had my elec slicer out for bread I sliced up some potatoes and some courgettes so will do something with the along with l/o red onion and part of a bag of ys carrot batons/broc/baby corn. Not sure what yet, may do a cooked dish with some of the veggies for tomorrow and have fish with home grown tomatoes and lettuce. Choices choices.
  • caronc
    Options
    Good afternoon everyone,
    Very hot and sunny here today, before it got too scorching I mixed up and got the weedkiller down on my slabs. Back and front gardens are now done and I'm ready for a sit down now.
    I picked the beefsteak tom, it's actually a Purple Cherokee not a Super Marmande and a few slices of it are destined for a BLT for lunch.:) I'll either have the rest with dinner or on my breakfast toast tomorrow.
    I hope to get more done outdoors later once the sun has gone over a bit as I'm feeling much more bendy today and want to make the most of it.
  • Wednesday2000
    Options
    I had the leftover tofu and rice thing with lots of sriracha mayo on top for breakfast, cold.:rotfl:

candygirl wrote: »
    Cheesy garlic bread, n salad for tea.Might even chop fresh chillies on top for a change:D
    caronc wrote: »
    I filled a tray of about 1kg of toms to roast for passatta, I stuck in a few garlic cloves and sprinkled with oregano. The smell of them wafting through the house is amazing......:D

Yum and yum!:A
  • Farway
    Options
    caronc wrote: »
    I picked the beefsteak tom, it's actually a Purple Cherokee not a Super Marmande and a few slices of it are destined for a BLT for lunch.:) I'll either have the rest with dinner or on my breakfast toast tomorrow.

My, envy now. My Brandywine will make one sarnie with a bit left. :( Not yet fully ripe, it's at light red stage, another few days I reckon

Lunch was cheese & shallot sarnie, eaten in conservatory lounging & listening to gardening on radio, bliss

Actually it's the first time I've been able to use my lounger since before my hernia op so an improvement there at least

I've taken posh cheese selection out to get to room temperature ready for HM Ploughman's, a sensible CFO meal option as it happens, it's melting outside
    Eight out of ten owners who expressed a preference said their cats preferred other peoples gardens
  • caronc
    Options
    Good evening everyone,
    Farway, the tomato was delicious:D. I opted just to have a bacon & tomato roll rather than a BLT with the spare tom slices on the side so it's all been eaten.:)
    The lovely sunny weather ripened a load more toms in the greenhouse including another beefsteak, a Black Krim this time. It's not as large as the one I had earlier but still a very decent size. I also picked broad beans (they've nearly finished now:() and some more runners and green beans. It was too hot to get loads done but I gave my courgette plants some much needed tlc and hauled out the pea plants as they were finished. The forecast looks decent for tomorrow, though a few degrees cooler, so will hopefully get more done then.

Mid afternoon my sis popped round for a cuppa and a natter while waiting for my nephew to say he had finished his shift. He has a p/t job in a local restaurant and after 4 hours hard graft in the sweltering kitchen would be glad of the lift home.
    An easy dinner tonight of a pork steak which has been marinating in a mix of olive oil, oregano, paprika, garlic & lemon and just needs griddling which I'm having with HM chorizio, veg and rice from the freezer.
  • Farway
    Options
    Last night's HM ploughman's was super, I used cream crackers instead of crusty bread, and unearthed a 2011 vintage HM apple chutney from among my jars of HM "stuff"

The 2011 chutney tasted very rich, and I'm still here so obviously it's OK. The L cocktail pickled onions were carp, no taste & tiny. Luckily I had jar of L pickled gherkins on standby
    Loads of the YS cheese LO for another day

'Phone call last night, invited over to DD's today PM, home made pizza in their HM pizza oven, out in the sunny shade. That's lunch & maybe part dinner taken care of for today, with the LO flan or YS cheese if I fancy a snack later

Scorching day already. Porridge for breakfast and then nothing planned until I snaffle some Pizza over DD's
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Had a check on one of my freezers, just 3 drawers done so far, as I was going in to get a chcik portion out for dinner, also took out a rib eye to de-frost in fridge for tomorrow. The sliced potatoes from yesterday will be cooked in oven with onion slices. Not sure about veg yet, could be courgette although am thinking of making courgette soup for freezer.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback