What small DFW things will you do w/c 20th May?

Options

Comments

• La_escocesa
    La_escocesa Posts: 3,096 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone :wave:

Me and my 17 day old baby here! :) She is a little dream. We seem to have been spending money like it's going out of fashion since she got here but I think we're pretty much sorted now. All our family and friends have been so generous and we've hardly had to buy her any clothes, blankets, nappies at all. We're breastfeeding too so she's getting lots of free food. :D We've also ordered a trial pack of cloth nappies, but she can't really use them until she's 6lb and she's not quite there yet, little cutie :)

Today we're going on a trip to a NT property, using our membership. ;)
    Meals from stores - cheapo porridge, not sure about lunch, roast chicken dinner
    Sending back asos stuff I don't want to keep. :cool:
    Watching GOT season 4 and trying to binge on the rest while I can still access them for free... Also hoping to avoid chat about the ending because I'm so far behind ;)
    Hanging washing on line

DNMS - thanks for the kick off, hope you get the leak sorted!!
    PF - hope all is good with you...!
    CLF - stay strong girl, you can do it with strength and patience! :D
    Ally - your 500mg challenge sounds awesome:cool:
    Ziggy, hope you're feeling good after all the walking you've been doing xx
    Catch up with everyone else soon. Xxx

Have a good day everyone!
  • carrielovesfanta
    Options
    Congratulations La E!
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Congrats La E! I've seen a photo on FB and she is adorable! And I have been pretty stunned at how ridiculously good you look after giving birth! Kudos hot mumma :heart:
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • 1LuckyLady
    1LuckyLady Posts: 1,206 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Huge congratulations La E :heart: I know everyone says it, but enjoy every moment as it goes so very quickly. My baby is going to secondary school in September and its gone in the blink of an eye (although when in the middle of sleepless nights I wondered if they'd ever end ;) )
    Sticking with the "Small things" thread to keep up us on the straight and narrow.
  • ziggy2407
    ziggy2407 Posts: 4,078 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Congrats La E! I've seen a photo on FB and she is adorable! And I have been pretty stunned at how ridiculously good you look after giving birth! Kudos hot mumma :heart:

Aren't they both gorgeous?
    Goodreads 2024 Challenge: 32/80
    Goodreads 2023 Challenge: 77/52

• determined_new_ms
    Options
    leak now found, fixed and water back on :D cost £50 and now have hole in ceiling so will need a plasterer to repair....

But thankfully we can now go about our lives! All cleaned up as well ;)
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • ditty1234
    ditty1234 Posts: 2,038 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Eventful day out there.
    NDS day yesterday and probably today tick - 2 days down a few to go.
    X
    LBM Jan 2019 - £25.928/Active debt £14253, 54% sorted
    Housing fund Jan 2024 £2000/6000 36%
    EF Jan 2024 £0/1000 0% Emergency fund is for worn out things like vacuum cleaner, dish washer, and washing machine.
  • Happy_Kitties
    Happy_Kitties Posts: 1,616 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Many thanks for starting the thread DNMS, i'm glad the leak got sorted even though it cost and have a hole in the ceiling:(

LaE huge congratulations. Cherish these times. I'm remember looking at my newborn DD thinking this will go in a flash and it did.....she's 20 now. It has been and is the best of times:smileyhea

CLF I hope u are not going to do battle with any more big slugs!
    Purps I'm permanently a wheelchair user and despite sitting on my pants, im still holding onto them. Hope it's a positive big:j

It was a gloomy and overcast start to the day, it has turned lovely. Quick wash done and washing now on the line.
    Steamed the living room floor. First time I have owned a steam mop-love it, so easy to use.
    Still trying to tidy things up-not doing well.
    Managed to tie an awful lot of paperwork up last week:A only because first surgery date thru for July:( but fair play to hospital they left me to choose the date:)

Popped out to post office to send a parcel.
    Then to supermarket. Didn't stick to list as there just as they were half price reducing so several things added to trolley for when DD home this week. Was mentally doing added food plan in my head so I didn't choose anything not really wanted. Freezer stuffed full again
    Still need to write a letter to a friend-have been putting this off for a couple of weeks now,I will do it!
    Wrap birthday present in a bit using the plain foiled paper picked up cheap after Christmas

Think that's about it from me, have a great evening everyone x
    Decluttering challenge 2023🏅⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ 
    Decluttering challenge 2024 🏅⭐️
  • carrielovesfanta
    carrielovesfanta Posts: 2,978 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Wins today:

1. Potentially stressy situation was avoided by the other person not being a pr!ckbiscuit

2. My brain gave me a good idea that my manager liked.
    LBM 11/06/2010: DFD 30/04/2013
    Total repaid: £10,490.31
    Student loan repaid: 01/07/2019
    SAVINGS: £20,000
    Car final lump sum: £6113/£6113
  • PurpleFairy26
    PurpleFairy26 Posts: 3,903 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good big or bad big? Fingers crossed for you either way!

Definitely good big. Will update in due course. Thanks for all your positive wishes. You lot are amazing. :happyhear

La e massive congratulations. Enjoy every moment. Do write things down as you think I'll always remember when they first smiled, when they lost their first tooth but after a while it all goes in a blur. I kept a journal with my first for about the first 4 months, almost daily. It's lovely to look back on.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure