Has anyone ordered from the Ugg Australia website? (sizing question!)

Options

Comments

• a1969baby
    Options
    I would go with a1969baby's advice and just order in her usual UK size. As Ugg say in the final sentence of the paragraph above their size conversion charts:

'Please be assured that we will always send you the UK whole size you select on the website'. (my bold)

Just to confirm, it definitely is the label that says 6.5 and not the box?

Had a pair delivered yesterday, the label says 7.5 and the box says 9
  • just_trying
    just_trying Posts: 1,010 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I think if she needs a 6.5 on the label she needs to order a 5.5. The label inside is normally 1 size bigger, the last pair I ordered from ugg I wanted a 6..no stock left had to order 6.5 and the size delivered was 7.5.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,726 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    I think if she needs a 6.5 on the label she needs to order a 5.5. The label inside is normally 1 size bigger, the last pair I ordered from ugg I wanted a 6..no stock left had to order 6.5 and the size delivered was 7.5.
    It depends which bit of the label she was reading.

As per my earlier post:
    Pollycat wrote: »
    I ordered a UK 3.5 EU36 US 5.
    The box has a big '5' then USA 5 UK 3.5 EU 36
    The label inside says the same but the most prominent number is W5 - i.e the US size.
    So when the OP's friend tried on the boots, did she read the US label or the UK label?

If the UK label said 6.5, then she needs a UK 6.5.

I hope the OP comes back and updates us - it may be helpful for someone else struggling with the same conundrum. :)
  • jenniewb
    jenniewb Posts: 12,836 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    They can only be ordered in whole sizes.

I'm so glad it's her ordering and not me! :rotfl:It really isn't a logical site to use is it?!
  • jenniewb
    Options
    I think she said she's got them coming in the post next week though did have a "up to 7 days" email. She ordered on Friday so it could be any day till then assuming she's off work and able to wait in that day...

I'll update you on what happens, she ordered a site-size 6 in the end and is hoping the label will read a 6.5 but I think what it will be is anyone's guess! She did have a decent amount of cashback being that they are not cheap in the first place but I think I'd see that as compensation for the mind work they require with the sizing issues!
  • Pollycat
    Options
    jenniewb wrote: »
    I think she said she's got them coming in the post next week though did have a "up to 7 days" email. She ordered on Friday so it could be any day till then assuming she's off work and able to wait in that day...

I'll update you on what happens, she ordered a site-size 6 in the end and is hoping the label will read a 6.5 but I think what it will be is anyone's guess! She did have a decent amount of cashback being that they are not cheap in the first place but I think I'd see that as compensation for the mind work they require with the sizing issues!
    I think they may have changed their sizing since I bought mine.
    When I posted this, I'd actually checked on the box.
    I ordered a UK 3.5 EU36 US 5.
    The box has a big '5' then USA 5 UK 3.5 EU 36
    The label inside says the same but the most prominent number is W5 - i.e the US size.
    Their website now says UK3 (not3.5) EU36 US5
    They can only be ordered in whole sizes.

That's odd, not what their website says at all.
    I agree, it really shouldn't be so hard.
  • Mrs_Ryan
    Mrs_Ryan Posts: 11,832 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Different styles as well fit differently. I have three pairs of the classic short, a pair of the Bailey Bow short and the Bailey Galaxy ones which I’m currently wearing. The Bailey Bow ones are very snug fitting and I can only get one pair of socks under them, the Bailey Galaxy ones are huge and I can easily fit two pairs of thick socks under them and the classic shorts are somewhere in the middle- but on all of them I’ve had to size up to a 7. My mate has the Bailey Buttons and she had to size up to an 8 from a 6! Uggs sizing is confusing!
    *The RK and FF fan club* #Family*Don’t Be Bitter- Glitter!* #LotsOfLove ‘Darling you’re my blood, you have my heartbeat’ Dad 20.02.20
  • jenniewb
    Options
    I think they may have changed their sizing since I bought mine.
    When I posted this, I'd actually checked on the box.

Their website now says UK3 (not3.5) EU36 US5

That's odd, not what their website says at all.
    I agree, it really shouldn't be so hard.

When selecting your size, the only option given is a whole size number. Which is odd because they all seem to arrive with a half size listed.
  • Pollycat
    Options
    When selecting your size, the only option given is a whole size number. Which is odd because they all seem to arrive with a half size listed.
    You're right.
    The size ordering options are whole sizes.
    So what's the point in having a size chart that shows half sizes?
    Totally bonkers.

I hope your friend has picked the right size.

Ordering footwear online is a nightmare.
    I've just ordered a pair of Doc Mart sandals.
    I've agonised over the size for days. :(
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi Jennie have you seen this deals article on the MSE main site?

Uggs deals
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure