edinburgher Posts: 13,463 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Blimey.
    That is some price :eek:

I know!
    1. It was a chain pub
    2. They make the stuff at Glasgow Green, it's like 2 miles away!

Still, just woke up from a lovely 2 hour nap, I blame the beer :beer:
  • edinburgher
    edited 15 November 2018 at 6:08PM
    Options
    £130.84 paid off a CC :j

Annoyingly, I am less than £50 over £17k. "Much wants more" as my Gran would say (RIP) :D

That was the rest of my MB profits for the last month or two, can't envisage any more spare money until some eB@y sales finish on Saturday. They won't realise £50, but they will make something and will free up some space to boot.

Starting to :think: I should be back on DFW
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,292 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    That 50 quid would drive me nuts :rotfl:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • edinburgher
    Options
    I bought a lovely hardback book from Wordery for a Christmas present. It was a good deal (£24 vs. the Am@zon price of £31). Unfortunately it arrived with a tear to the corner of the dust jacket. The company were very good about it (credit where credit's due) and offered an instant refund of 50% with no messing about or haggling. I swithered a bit (am a bibliophile, so would hate a book with a torn dust jacket) and decided to ask recipient (who doesn't care)! £12.20 refund accepted and paid off a credit card ;)

Over £600 paid off in November.
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    Over £600 in November. We've only had the first half! I know, the dead zone approaches. That is really good! Seriously. Well done
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    edited 15 November 2018 at 10:33PM
    Options
    Thursday night is grocery shopping night :D Good whoospies tonight including: 8 packets of asparagus for £1.60; olives with 66% off and a few luxuries including reduced long dated steak sauce and chocolate pots and a fancy sourdough pizza from L1dl for £2 :drool: Asparagus has been blanched and frozen, pizza munched and I'm just ratifying the spreadsheets. If there was a medal for grocery shopping, I'd win it :rotfl:

Spent the last of my pocket money on a bargain copy of the Blu Ray for Shin Godzilla - I do love me a good monster movie :)

*Edit: correction - spent the *very* last on a £1.69 CC payment :o
  • edinburgher
    Options
    £1.39 paid off a CC. I updated our NW spreadsheet today - it gave me a bit of perspective. One of the items to update was Mrs E's DC pension, which had gone up by £500 in 3 months, despite torrid market conditions and (relatively) low payments.

It was a reminder that it's the big sensible decisions (like using pensions from the day we joined the workforce, or buying a home) are the ones that matter and that silly decisions (like renovating a house back to front using debt, or buying a car outright on a 0% CC) will not sink us :) Feeling very lucky and (dare I say it?) blessed :D

4 auctions closing on Edward Bay this morning, so that will provide a few smackeroos for debt repayment.

Other than that, planning a quiet day. DD is off at her gymnastics class and I'm doing a bit of low level tidying and food prep. I've made some dashi (a seaweed and bonito broth, the base for miso soup and other Japanese dishes) and will also be making a cauliflower and chickpea curry in the SC. Tonight's dinner is undecided - maybe roast duck breast and panko sweet potato chips? :drool:
  • edinburgher
    Options
    Woohoo - eB@y sales will definitely be enough to take me below £17k debt :j

Made £63.24 (£56.91 after 10% donation to Sands), postage still to come. Even worst case scenario of £20 postage, it's still enough :)
  • Suffolk_lass
    Options
    It is that thing of buying things sensibly, using the bits and pieces we make from sales, MB and tidying to lovely round numbers, in order to pay down debt, combined with long-term, sensible, grown-up finance that will give you the relaxed long-term financial security and the option to take more time for yourselves. That is THE thing, really. Fact is, as relatively affluent (top 8% in the world) people, we sometimes forget how lucky we are!

Thanks for your words of encouragement btw. I will try to up my game a bit!
    Save £12k in 2024 - #2 target is £5000 only £798.34 so far
    OS Grocery Challenge 2024 31.1% spent or £932.98/£3,000 annual
    I also Reverse Meal Plan on that thread and grow much of our own premium price fruit and veg, joining in on the Grow your own thread
    My Debt Free Diary Get a grip Woman
  • edinburgher
    Options
    It is that thing of buying things sensibly, using the bits and pieces we make from sales, MB and tidying to lovely round numbers, in order to pay down debt, combined with long-term, sensible, grown-up finance that will give you the relaxed long-term financial security and the option to take more time for yourselves. That is THE thing, really. Fact is, as relatively affluent (top 8% in the world) people, we sometimes forget how lucky we are!

Thanks for your words of encouragement btw. I will try to up my game a bit!

Oh Lord - that was literally just a comment in relation to cat erm... business :o

You are going great guns! I have really enjoyed reading my way through your diary, I sense a kindred spirit, which is one of the reasons I value your input on my diary :)

That said, there's no way I'm taking up gardening, no matter how easy you make it sound! :rotfl:
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback