MSMoneyQuotes has stopped working for me

Options

Comments

• Wildoat
    Wildoat Posts: 6 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I now have the latest version from Dan and all seems to be working BUT the securities that I am bringing in appear not to have been updated since 28th June with one the 5th July. Anyone else finding similar? I used the verbose command (-v) and that shows when security being brought in was updated. I assume an MSN fault rather than version 2.5? Cheers. W.
  • Linton
    Linton Posts: 17,204 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Hung up my suit!
    Options
    Wildoat wrote: »
    I now have the latest version from Dan and all seems to be working BUT the securities that I am bringing in appear not to have been updated since 28th June with one the 5th July. Anyone else finding similar? I used the verbose command (-v) and that shows when security being brought in was updated. I assume an MSN fault rather than version 2.5? Cheers. W.

Yes the MSN data feed was largely stuck on the 28th June until yesterday. It is now updating correctly for all except 3 of my 17 funds. I believe shares have always been OK.
  • Wildoat
    Options
    Linton wrote: »
    Yes the MSN data feed was largely stuck on the 28th June until yesterday. It is now updating correctly for all except 3 of my 17 funds. I believe shares have always been OK.

I received some updates for the 5th July but all my funds are now stuck again. The software is bringing in the data in but the MSN feed appears to be the problem. The trouble I have using the FT download solution is that due to prices being rounded down to only 2 or 3 decimal places in the csv file my funds are close but do not quite match my online pension details. Anyone found a solution for making the FT download bring prices in to more decimal places?

Cheers, W.
  • rannydoscoe
    Options
    It looks to me as though MSN Money are only updating their fund prices on a weekly basis.

If you click on a "by month" chart for a fund, there is daily data, but it only appears on a Monday morning for the previous week.

On the plus side, some of my funds from iShares and L&G are now updating automatically...
  • Wildoat
    Options
    Yes. Fund updates weekly so not very useful. I'm back to manual updating as FT method only operates pricing to 2 decimal points (anyone know how to change this?) so always incorrect totals due to rounding issues. Shame that the service has gone backwards. W.
  • Linton
    Options
    Yes. Fund updates weekly so not very useful. I'm back to manual updating as FT method only operates pricing to 2 decimal points (anyone know how to change this?) so always incorrect totals due to rounding issues. Shame that the service has gone backwards. W.

If any of your investments are in a foreign currency you still need to go to the msn download as it is not available from ft.com. Fortunately that bit is still working OK (I think). Well it is downloading but I dont think there is any way of seeing what numbers MS Money is actually using.
  • bearshare
    bearshare Posts: 128 Forumite
    Options

I don't think that is quite true. Eg: Artimis High Income Fund (GB00B2PLJN71) is shown to 4 decimal places.

Funds/stocks with prices shown as GBX generally show 2 decimal places, but that is 1/100 of a penny.

Agreed some funds and a few stocks (only one in my portfolio) have prices shown as GBP, and 2 decimal places is a penny., but in my portfolio several GBP funds are in three figures of pounds (I.e. XXX.XX) so still pretty accurate..

Overall, accurate enough for my purposes anyway!
  • bearshare
    Options
    If any of your investments are in a foreign currency you still need to go to the msn download as it is not available from ft.com. Fortunately that bit is still working OK (I think). Well it is downloading but I dont think there is any way of seeing what numbers MS Money is actually using.

I Just tried and added an example fund (Vanguard U.S. Opportunities Fund USD) designated in USD to my portfolio with no problem.
  • Linton
    Options
    bearshare wrote: »
    I Just tried and added an example fund (Vanguard U.S. Opportunities Fund USD) designated in USD to my portfolio with no problem.
    Is this from ft.com? Is it using the correct exchange rate?
  • bearshare
    Options
    Is this from ft.com? Is it using the correct exchange rate?

Yes, ft.com. It added it in USD (my portfolio is otherwise in GBP). I have not experimented further: MSMoney used to recognise USD quotes (and other currencies) and convert at the current (or specified) exchange rate. Don't know if it still can with Dan's fix, or if you need to manipulate the .CSV file to get it into whatever currency you require.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback