Fischer Storage Heaters

Options

Comments

• tellsid
    tellsid Posts: 24 Forumite
    Options
    Came a across someone selling one of these heaters on ebay this is what he has to say. "This was removed from an elderly customer of mine purely because he found the remote control to complicated to use, he has reverted back to his Economy 7 system that he has been used to." I guess at £99 slightly over priced for what they are.

And there is another one this is what he has to say "Owner controlled digital thermostat and timer. However these are NOT night storage heaters and are NOT compatible with either Warmwise tariff (ex SEEBOARD) or Economy 10 , but are compatible with Economy 7. Hardly used as bought on the assumption that they were night storage heaters and therefore compatible with my existing tariff." Straight from a person who actually used one. This person is looking for £500 upwards. All i say is good luck to him. Far cheaper on amazon i would say.
  • Richie-from-the-Boro
    Options
    16/16 ......................
    Disclaimer : Everything I write on this forum is my opinion. I try to be an even-handed poster and accept that you at times may not agree with these opinions or how I choose to express them, this is not my problem. The Disabled : If years cannot be added to their lives, at least life can be added to their years - Alf Morris - ℜ
  • sheffield_lad
    Options
    Anyone replacing NSH with any direct acting heaters really need to think long and hard of the implications of cost after the install £££
  • lstar337
    lstar337 Posts: 3,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Anyone replacing NSH with any direct acting heaters really need to think long and hard of the implications of cost after the install £££
    The trouble is that in this case the people are duped because they are told they 'are' storage heaters.

Most people have the intelligence to not replace night storage with direct electric heating, but when the system is called a modern storage heater with new technology, who is to know?

It's not like the masses are keeping their eye on the latest advances in night storage technology! :rotfl:
  • sheffield_lad
    Options
    lstar337 wrote: »
    The trouble is that in this case the people are duped because they are told they 'are' storage heaters.

Most people have the intelligence to not replace night storage with direct electric heating, but when the system is called a modern storage heater with new technology, who is to know?

I often speak to folk who have replaced them, most seem happy until that is the bill arrives. I would estimate that the majority who have them installed understand that they are not NS.

Only this week I overheard a tenant of an LHA complaining as he was putting £8+ per day into his PP meter. They told him this is what he had asked for as he was cold in the evenings. Shame they didn't tell him the costs of staying warm with these.
  • tellsid
    Options
    Another 2x Fisher heater on ebay after only using them for a year. Not sure if they were mis-sold. He says "Purchased at over £3000 when bought in 2013". He is selling it as a storage heater. We all know that these are not storage heaters but at the same time as long as it holds heat when the heater is completely turned off even for a second, I guess you can get away with calling it a storage heater. And did you know a bowl of pasta will also hold heat longer.
  • tellsid
    Options
    Both heaters sold for £641.37. That is about the right price you must expect to pay for the heaters.
  • Battling_Bertie
    Battling_Bertie Posts: 3 Newbie
    edited 31 January 2015 at 10:55PM
    Options
    It looks like Fischer Future Heat have been instructed yet again by the Advertising Standards Authority to withdraw their advertising material ... see

ASA Adjudication on Fischer Future Heat UK Ltd A14-268600 September 2014

Eight of the nine complaints made against Fischer Future Heat were upheld.
    - misleading advertising
    - substantiation
    - exaggeration.

How many people have bought from Fischer Future Heat on the basis of this information, especially pensioners who can ill afford the expense and worry of these mis-described, overpriced imported products.
  • tellsid wrote: »
    Both heaters sold for £641.37. That is about the right price you must expect to pay for the heaters.

If the performance of the Fischer Future Heat heaters is the same as a £40 oil filled radiator, then they are worth £40 each.
  • tellsid
    edited 1 February 2015 at 4:52PM
    Options
    Here is one thats on ebay, he says...Paid £1400 when new. Only used for 1 month as room was changed around. Collect from Cheshunt area. 1.5Kw power. 1000 mm wide. 600 mm high. Wall brackets included.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback