Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Not counting a small deposit at Lendingworks, the Film Studio Portacabin loan was the first p2p loan I selected to invest in. Glad it wasn't a dud.

I've invested more in the new loan than the two that have repaid and also in the Energy loan which is filling fast.

A few loan repayments at MoneyThing as well means there's a bit more cash available out there.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The film studio portacabin loan was particularly nice. 14% interest rate but a six month minimum term, so we got paid for about a month longer than we lent the money.
  • elephantrosie
    Options
    where is this film studio portacabin loan on? which platform?
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • jamesd
    jamesd Posts: 26,103 Forumite
    edited 3 July 2017 at 12:10AM
    Options
    It was on Ablrate. I mentioned it here in this post when it launched in mid February this year.

All £380k of the renewable energy loan that launched at 5PM on Friday is now taken. Still £230k of the cabin refurbishment one available.

Update at 2:30PM Saturday: now 140k left.
    Update at 2AM Sunday: now 125k left. May well last into next week.
    Update around midnight Sunday: 98k left.
  • elephantrosie
    elephantrosie Posts: 467 Forumite
    Options
    jamesd wrote: »
    It was on Ablrate. I mentioned it here in this post when it launched in mid February this year.

All £380k of the renewable energy loan that launched at 5PM on Friday is now taken. Still £230k of the cabin refurbishment one available.

Update at 2:30PM Saturday: now 140k left.
    Update at 2AM Sunday: now 125k left. May well last into next week.

how blind am i? i still cannot see any portacabin loan on ablrate.

the three loans listed on 'new loans' tab that i can see are: foremans, leopard and pool wharf.

where can i find it?
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • anselld
    anselld Posts: 8,282 Forumite
    Options
    how blind am i? i still cannot see any portacabin loan on ablrate.

the three loans listed on 'new loans' tab that i can see are: foremans, leopard and pool wharf.

where can i find it?

You can't find it any more, it has been repaid.
  • msallen
    msallen Posts: 1,494 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I don't think its that you're blind, rather unable to understand simple English. This was plainly a loan launched in February ...

... that has already been repaid ...
    The film studio portacabin loan was particularly nice. 14% interest rate but a six month minimum term, so we got paid for about a month longer than we lent the money.

:wall:
  • Treacletoffee
    Options
    I've been looking at ISAs, and where share ISAs offer a bed and breakfast option, can this be done with IF ISAs?
  • Empor
    Empor Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    I've been looking at ISAs, and where share ISAs offer a bed and breakfast option, can this be done with IF ISAs?

I think it's pretty much the same process with IFISA's i.e. you can't just transfer the holdings into the isa, you have to sell them on the secondary market and then repurchase.
  • Empor
    Empor Posts: 83 Forumite
    Options
    Anyone know if MoneyThing is likely to get their IFISA going this tax year? I was looking at investing it in Zopa's, but clearly with the much higher rates on offer MT would be more tax efficient.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback