Peer-to-peer lending sites: MSE guide discussion

Options

Comments

• seabbs
    Options
    Hi guys,

Not sure if this is the right place to post this but I thought some of you might be interested!

Funding circle makes a version of their loanbook available to investors, I have made a web app that lets you visualise the date. Something that immediately springs to my attention is the growth of loans to property and construction has far outpaced loans to any other sector.

If your interested then check it out (note it is running on a small aws server so may be a little slow if it gets multiple users at once), and let me know if you found it useful. If you fancy running it yourself locally then the code is provided on github, everything should work out of the box once the packages are installed, and the fc loanbook book is saved in the same folder as loanbook.csv. The GitHub repo has instructions in the readme if you haven't used R before.

Not able to post links but googling fcdashboard should do the trick

Tah
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    Been a bit of activity with new on loans on Moneything, Collateral and Ablrate that I have got adding too. I am going to add into the new loan today on Ablrate and getting more invested with this platform which is good and fingers crossed their ISA is not far away.
  • Dribiddi
    Dribiddi Posts: 119 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Have Zopa jacked up their rates?
    I know someone who got a loan amt of £13,000 from them at about 3% but notice their website now advertises at 9.9%
  • Dribiddi
    Options
    I know someone who loaned £13k recently at 3.3% but their site now advertises at 9.9%
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Dribiddi wrote: »
    I know someone who loaned £13k recently at 3.3% but their site now advertises at 9.9%

9.9% is their representative rate for borrowers not investors.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    I had only a few hundred in Zopa from a while back, I have finally got around to pressing sell there to hopefully redeploy this into Moneything for example.

So far very happy with Moneything, Collateral and Albrate and once I get the £100 bonus from Ratesetter I will place in in one of these 3.
  • Dribiddi
    Options
    TheShape wrote: »
    9.9% is their representative rate for borrowers not investors.

I know he borrowed money from zopa at 3.1% only a few months ago
  • TheShape
    TheShape Posts: 1,779 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 28 June 2017 at 7:24PM
    Options
    Dribiddi wrote: »
    I know he borrowed money from zopa at 3.1% only a few months ago

From their site:

https://www.zopa.com/loans?gclid=CPzb99qP4dQCFe637QodvYgJaA&utm_campaign=affppcB18520165747&utm_medium=partner&utm_source=affppcB18520165747
    Our APRs range from 3.0% to 34.9%.

They lend at quite a range of rates. Someone applying for a loan will get a rate based upon their personal circumstances. A friend of mine was quoted the 9.9%APR when they applied last week.

This thread is mostly focused on rates for investors rather than borrowers though.

Edit: Obviously the rates they lend at impacts the rate investors can achieve. I don't know what their rates for borrowers have been historically.
  • elephantrosie
    Options
    if i invest money in ablrate now, could i transfer this investment to their isa when it is out?

i just want to make sure that it can be transferred or my money is stuck in out of isa investment and tax is very costly.
    Another night of thankfulness.
  • takesyourchances
    Options
    if i invest money in ablrate now, could i transfer this investment to their isa when it is out?

i just want to make sure that it can be transferred or my money is stuck in out of isa investment and tax is very costly.

I think so from what I have read, maybe someone else can confirm this. I added to the new loan today, it would be nice to see the ISA coming along soon to shelter from tax :) I am building up Ablrate nicely and will be looking out for more new loans :)
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback